Sign in to follow this  
bathurstbones

It's Times Like These You Need....sprinties !

now I'll have to build that flat track !

Yeh.

What are they and where they come from ?

Look like good fun..!

cheers

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

Its the demon and the devil sprint cars,

availiable from startline race system, a company down your way in sunny Melbourne.

"You Maniacs!.... You blew it up!.. Ah, damn you!...God damn you all to hell! "

made up a small analogue test track and gave em a run, straight ootb.

top heavy ? yeah, a bit, but they are non mag as well so......

all the same it's not hard to get the tail out with a bit of throttle on exit

and will be fun with a bit of work. Maybe a mid mounted mag and

(never thought i'd say this) but i think I need less grip on the back !

these cars should be able to break traction easily for plenty of sliding action.

super glue on the back !!! well I never ....

Cheers, bones.

If you weight it differently instead of a magnet you may find you get them sliding easier. They look quick too!

Its the demon and the devil sprint cars,

availiable from startline race system, a company down your way in sunny Melbourne.

Hey Bathurst, do this startline mob have a website? Been searching for em & cant find the place. :bday:

Would love to get me some o them sprinters, they look cool. B)

SR.

Ay, shed racer, try searching this; http://startline.net.au , should get em.

they've got some other cool stuff as well, classics, rods, gp, gt and interiors/glass for aussie v8s.

plus race s/ware.

cheers, Bones

If you weight it differently instead of a magnet you may find you get them sliding easier. They look quick too!

What motors are they running ? Do they have decent gears and axles to match those rims ?

If you are running around an oval have you tried a taller tyre on the outside it may help them slide easier , maybe even space the outside rear wheel out further ? They look like a lot of fun to race around . Are the top and front wings holding up to the roll overs ?

Ay, shed racer, try searching this; http://startline.net.au , should get em.

they've got some other cool stuff as well, classics, rods, gp, gt and interiors/glass for aussie v8s.

plus race s/ware.

cheers, Bones

Thanks for that Bathurst, your right with the cool stuff. Really liked the look of some of those bodies & the prices seem reasonable. Haven't been into building up cars from scratch, but there are some cars there I would like to have a shot at.

Will contact them & see if I can get some of those Sprinters though, they look great.

SR.

What motors are they running ? Do they have decent gears and axles to match those rims ?

If you are running around an oval have you tried a taller tyre on the outside it may help them slide easier , maybe even space the outside rear wheel out further ? They look like a lot of fun to race around . Are the top and front wings holding up to the roll overs ?

dunno what donk it is, steve at startline compared them to the nc-1 with more straight line speed.

the pinion is brass with plastic c/wheel.

the axle's actually look to be hardened steel (browny/bluey sheen) the rims are an up-grade they have availiable.

good idea with the taller outside tyre, and quite easy to space wheel out (grub screw rims)

the front wing is solidly mounted on four pillars while the top one is made from thin plastic that is very flexible and should prove

to be a smart way to keep it all together. when I first handled them my first impression was "flimsy" however this has now changed to "ingenious".

I really haven't done many laps though usually if it can break then I will break it so..........

Bones

Edited by bathurstbones

username...Aastes?

Knoath, yeah, you may be right, he is a forum user, but I don't know what user name.

bones.

username...Aastes?

Knoath, yeah, you may be right, he is a forum user, but I don't know what user name.

bones.

that's the one BOnes - Aastes

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Eno, hope your over your "interesting" afternoon you had the other day.

always a shock, human frailty and all that. Have had similar.

Bones

dunno what donk it is, steve at startline compared them to the nc-1 with more straight line speed.

the axle's actually look to be hardened steel (browny/bluey sheen) the rims are an up-grade they have availiable.

good idea with the taller outside tyre, and quite easy to space wheel out (grub screw rims)

the front wing is solidly mounted on four pillars while the top one is made from thin plastic that is very flexible and should prove

to be a smart way to keep it all together. when I first handled them my first impression was "flimsy" however this has now changed to "ingenious".

I really haven't done many laps though usually if it can break then I will break it so..........

Bones

Haha you will have to keep us in the loop as to how they hold up , do the motors have a plastic endbell like a scalextric motor or are they different ? Like the Ninco NC5 motor maybe , (longer motor) So did you try the taller tyre on one side ?

I'm fairly sure that the motor in you sprintcars will be a Dick Smith one.

Here's my one that I got from Steve as a kit. SCX rims, Ninco axles, Plafit rabbit motor which I found out last night was a bit much so will be putting in a DS motor before its next run and add some decals.

DSC00085.jpg

Sprintcar series anyone

Edited by mtpanorama

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it people will eventually come to believe it." - Joseph Goebbels

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Bones

Yes the top wing is vac formed for two reasons

One is to keep the weight off the top end

two to stop breakages as it would be the first thing to break when rolled ( trust me I did testing ) As soon as I added a vac form wing the car changed its handling in a VERY positive way :^)

Bewty aastes, bout time you got here, now they can all humbug you with their questions and I can sit and admire my cars !!

Admire,... jeez,.... starting to sound like jrob now !! :unsure:

Bewty aastes, bout time you got here, now they can all humbug you with their questions and I can sit and admire my cars !!

Admire,... jeez,.... starting to sound like jrob now !! :unsure:

Been very busy getting over the flu plus the Phillip Island slotcar track is starting to come together - should be up and running in two weeks. 45m of speed but more on that later :^)

Mohawkk, I know FLY in th Wall fairly recently got a 1:32 sprint car. Y'might ask him.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction