kalbfellp

Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007 - Rnd 10

Looks like it's going to be the race of the heavyweights with Phil leading the way. Man, my Lola's paying a heavy price for going on a diet - 1 second off the pace - it'll be a miracle if it can finish in mid-field! :blink: Luckily it's the last 2 rounds. :blink:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Well done, Phil and congrats on winning this last race and the overall championship. :) And thanks to Alan and Hoffy for their highly commendable efforts in organising and administering the series and making it so enjoyable for everyone! :ph34r: And to all the proxy drivers and hosts who provided the tracks without which the series would not have been possible, it was great fun following the fortunes of our cars as they progressed from round to round and I, for one, certainly enjoyed the friendly banter and informative feedback on the (mis?)behaviour of the cars - you have all set a standard in hosting proxy races which would be difficult to better. And to my fellow entrants and competitors - jolly good racing and hope you had as much fun as I did, even though we couldn't get the better of that Tassie bear! :lol: Well, there's always next year and you know what to do with your cars now, don't you? :dog:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Thanks Lim. You are right its the great assistance of people like Thomas Males ( below ) that make this event so good. Thomas came along both nights just to help marshall the cars and assist. Gman also attended last night to help marshall,but he was moving so fast that his pic is blurred!

med_gallery_89_329_10741.jpg

Thomas Males ( Famous Collector) he has appeared on the ABC Collectors show with his slot collection that is over 600 cars.

A special mention must also go to Callan Thomas (son of Boss 302 ) who drove last night. He has only been racing for about two months and had some great lap scores and fast times. Is he the Lewis Hamilton of slots?

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

"A special mention must also go to Callan Thomas (son of Boss 302 ) who drove last night. He has only been racing for about two months and had some great lap scores and fast times. Is he the Lewis Hamilton of slots?"

Well..... Lewis had better watch out because father Fernando might have something to say (and do) about his rise to glory!!!!

Had great fun racing eveyone' cars last night. As usual very well organised by Phil. Great efforts by Tom and Garin in marshalling.

Good to see a couple of the mainland cars getting closer to what is required to be competitive down here. Sorry don't know the entrants but Ferrari 512 long tail was great to drive along with blue 908 and yellow Lola. Lim's Sloter Lola was pretty close despite not having tyres glued and being a bit light.

Looking forward to next year - will have to put something in myself.

Congrats Phil for the win and to all those who entered. Some close results after all the rounds, especially Terry who came within a whisper of a podium finish and almost prevented an Aussie 1-2-3. Maybe next year!

To all those that organised this year's event and those that participated a rowdy 3 cheers for a job well done. No, make that a job fantastically done. You've all set standards that will be hard to beat next year.

Congratulations to all.

May the downforce be with you.

Congrats to all the place getters and everyone that entered . and a very well done to those who ran the races and marshalled through the series. has been an excellent competition . a big thanks to Alan for all the work that he put in ,I hope that things work out o.k. for you old mate.

Looking eagerly for next years event if someone runs with it.

Congrats to all who organised and took part in the series. Always well run and the high quality of the entries made it a great event to be involved with. Looking forward to having another go next year. Well done, not only to the winners, but to all who helped make it the stand out series that it was. Dave

Howdy All,

I have had a look at the results using the official results chart. At the moment, the results are not official as I would like to have a look at them (get the missus to give them an audit maybe!!). So at the moment the results are unofficial. Hopefully I can get some answers shortly!!

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Phil, have you had a chance to try my car with your tyres? Be interesting to see how it goes so I know more for next years entry

Thanks

Paul

Thanks to all involved for a great series and congrats to the winners! Especially Terry who pipped me for top non-Oz finisher! Looking forward to next year.

PeteN95

from the Northwest US of A!

Thanks again to all involved in the series, organisers, hosts and entrants, it has been great fun and I will definitely be back with another entry for series 2008, hopefully having learnt something this year from my distinctly underpowered Ferrari and it's superior opposition.

I tested Sports Racers car today : Fitted with the MJK tyres the best time I managed on the best lane was 5.983 after some 20 laps. I then fitted my wheels with glued and trued NSR tyres, the best time with these fitted was 5.884, not a great gain but would have possibly meant another 1 to 1 1/2 laps at least. The car was not as loose and was more consistant to drive.

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Hmmmm, so the NSR tyres aren't the secret to doing well on the Tassie tracks. That's thrown a spanner into my plans for next year. Looks like I'll have to do some more homework

Thanks for trying Phil

Hmmmm, so the NSR tyres aren't the secret to doing well on the Tassie tracks. That's thrown a spanner into my plans for next year. Looks like I'll have to do some more homework

Thanks for trying Phil

Go for a trip down there over the September long weekend ...... and pick up some info first hand (just tell the missus you're going down the shops to get some milk)

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Thanks to Lenny and Hoffy for the organising. Congrats to Phil, SR and others who did well, commiserations to those who didn't, manic, wet and myself......

Being in an event such as this is simply great entertainment and builds a real comaradarie amoungst the members of a forum like this.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Go for a trip down there over the September long weekend ...... and pick up some info first hand (just tell the missus you're going down the shops to get some milk)

Mate, I'd be lucky if if I could get to your place on a long weekend!

Hi Guys

I'm back on deck now. Thanks to all who offered me support during a tough time.

First up congratulations to Phil on winning this years series that cars was certainly the class of the field so far as set up and preparation.

also well done to Sports Racer on his performance through out the series and also to Devious Dave on sneaking into third at the last step.

Mention should also go to Terry Noe for finishing top "visitor"

I would also like to say thanks to everyone who participated in this years series, The entrants the track hosts, drivers and those who marshalled without getting a drive. I think we all made this series a successful event that we can build on for proxy series in the future.

Also I would like to thank the "gang of 4" Martin, Vinno Phil and Hoffy who I turned to for advice and in helping to make decisions when needed, Thanks guys.

I should also give an extra thanks to Hoffy for his huge part in the series with the website, that was fantastic and when I was unable to continue in the co-ordinator role he along with Phil for so willingly jumping in to keep the show going. THANK YOU both.

and another Thankyou to the guys at AUSLOT for providing a forum and giving us the opportunity to communicate through out the series. Thanks Vinno Bo Michael and Jacob

At this stage I am catching up on things and will be sorting the return of your cars to you as soon as possible.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke