New 3 Laner Routed

Davnic74

Hi All

This is the begining of my second routed track 3 lane or maybe 4 (undecided) will wait and see how the new layout fits on to the base which measures 4.7 mtrs x 2.4 mtrs surface will be ferrodore with copper tape as power rails.

more pics to follow over the next week or so.

cheers David1007322mx6.jpg

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gday David,

Never mind how you sketch im betting you will build a great track. I took a few mins out to do a quick drawing overlay for you below based on your paper sketch. Its 1:1, which measures out at approx 18.6m lane length as drawn right now.

If you want any more info just sing out happy to help out, your only around the corner.

david1.jpg

Regards

Rob

Thanks Rob :o , i just tryed to move it and it weighs alot more than the other track (16mm MDF)as to 9 mm mdf before, so the roll up against the wall option is getting further away each time i screw another piece of wood down, it looks like it will have to go on a full frame. so at the moment i'm in disscusion with the wife about getting a garage built in the back yard :lol: this may hold up the build for a while OR her car stays out of the garage :o .

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Am I the odd 1 out , my car in the garage next to my slot car track......................................

sax

No, thats why I have a double carport....so I have somewhere for my toys in the garage.

Regards

Rob

Hi All

I have made a couple of small changes since last post ,actually thats a lie, have made some huge changes ie layout,lanes. the old layout was not going to fit on the base if i was to do 4 lanes at 90 mm lane spacing so i decided to go with one of my earlier drawings. As for a new garage :nice: , BUT will be putting up a carport behind my existing garage therefore the track will be on castors for easy moving.

OH and yes iam a tigers supporter.1007345rq4.jpg

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Hi All

I have made a couple of small changes since last post ,actually thats a lie, have made some huge changes ie layout,lanes. the old layout was not going to fit on the base if i was to do 4 lanes at 90 mm lane spacing so i decided to go with one of my earlier drawings. As for a new garage :nice: , BUT will be putting up a carport behind my existing garage therefore the track will be on castors for easy moving.

OH and yes i am a tigers supporter.

Looks good David, funny how you only admit to the tigers thing this morning!

Regards

Rob

Hey Davnic,

I am a Tigers supporter also. Had a funny feeling about last night - even tipped them.

Track looks good so far - good stuff. Do you have a plastic track to use in the meantime or are you in de-tox while the new one is built?

Cheers,

Steve

Yeah i tipped them also, Detox is exactly the word although the new track is keeping me busy,it should be finished in a week or 2 with routing and lane painting hopefully finished tommorow.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Here is a couple of pics from todays efforts,all though i did'nt get as far as i hoped the four lanes have been routed minus the overpass and a couple of corners that have been filled and will be re-routed tommorow.A word of advise when routing(when you buy a router for $100 DO NOT USE THE BITS SUPPLIED IN THE BOX. :) ) I broke 3 and had to go to bunnings and pay $27.00 for 1 money well spent , i got home put it in the router and it almost cut the mdf for me twice as fast and neater. the old saying you get what you pay for. Also had some help today from knoath (Dick) thanks again :lol: .1007356qh6.jpg

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Also had some help today from knoath (Dick) thanks again

Not at all Dave, thanks for the oportunity to pick your brains and see how it's done first hand.

The experience will go a long way to help with my build!

i did'nt get as far as i hoped

That's probably my fault... too many questions!!!

I really liked the layout Dave, I reckon the sweeper before the bridge should sort a few drivers out!

Nice and flowing, and I've now got an idea of the straight length for my track too (4.8m)

Thanks again,

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Also had some help today from knoath (Dick) thanks again

Not at all Dave, thanks for the oportunity to pick your brains and see how it's done first hand.

The experience will go a long way to help with my build!

i did'nt get as far as i hoped

That's probably my fault... too many questions!!!

I really liked the layout Dave, I reckon the sweeper before the bridge should sort a few drivers out!

Nice and flowing, and I've now got an idea of the straight length for my track too (4.8m)

Thanks again,

Dick

Nah not your fault i should not have used those useless router bits, i gave up at about 5.00 my knees are'nt what they used to be.

cheers David

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Hi All

Here is some update pics as of 20 mins ago, tommorow re-rout overpass ends , lane colors to be painted then ferrodore.1007370yh9.jpg1007377mq0.jpg

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Thanks Rob

desperate to get it running i found myself pushing a car around tonight :ph34r:

Its funny that is the one thing you see common in all these wonderful threads on routed tracks.....no one can resist the urge to see what a car looks like in the slot before its finished.

Regards

Rob

Its funny that is the one thing you see common in all these wonderful threads on routed tracks.....no one can resist the urge to see what a car looks like in the slot before its finished.

Yep, I actually broke one of my cars while building - pushed it to watch and it fell off onto the floor.......concrete = :ph34r:

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Geez Dave, you have been busy!

How much stuffing around was there with installing the overpass?

Did you get any pics of that stage? And what have you used for the join?... it looks like bog?!

If it's not too much hassle, I'll give it a go on my track.....

Cheers,

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

G'day Dick

Overpass was not to hard, at each end i cut out a section 450mm x 450mm from the base then screwed a piece of pine 500mm x 300mm under the hole , layed the overpass on top so it butt with the corner and screwed it down. then added supports from one end to another then cut off any excess then but to that corner, added the putty . tonight will sand flat and re-rout the ends. sorry no pics.

cheers David

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Thanks Rob

desperate to get it running i found myself pushing a car around tonight :ph34r:

It just can't be helped really.... :dog: