Matich Sr4

Stubbo

I've been working on this project for a long time now. This is a casting that is quite thick to allow a few contours to be put in. I now have to mold again and cast a body to a reasonable thickness to motorise. This fits a fly 917 chassis. Then I'll have to work out something for the cockpit and all the other bits and pieces.

Does anyone know what the actual paint colour was? And can anyone give me some advice about getting some decals to suit?

There is a lot to do but it should be fun.

SR4.jpg

SR42.jpg

SR43.jpg

SR44.jpg

Alan Stubbings

Hey Alan, that Matich is lookin' good. Patto's does some Rothmans stickers if you are going to do it in that livery.

Are you going to build it as the version with the high rear wing ?

I shall follow the build with interest, I remember seeing it race at Warwick Farm back in 1969.

Cheers, Chris.

Late Model

Chris, I was going to do the debut car. I'll be making a mold and casting a new body later on so I guess I can make extras and do some other versions.

Slotbaker, Thanks for the pics. A big help. I'll get the computer boffins at work to try and help me create some decals.

Phil, Never thought of printers plate. My brother in law works in the industry. I'll give him a call.

Biggest problem for me is that my workshop is in the country and I work in the city and can only get to 'play' every 3 or 4 weeks or so. With all the things to do play time is limited.

Cheers

Alan

Alan Stubbings

Alan

Great car....Maxi-Models do a great interior for this type of car. This is a link:-

Maxi Models

MXA016builtsolo300.jpg..also great driver figures with open faced helmets.

Max has no problem in exporting World wide.

Suggested wheels for the car would be BWA 32005 rears and 32003 fronts. With cut down Fly wheels for inserts they would look great.

Picture036.jpg (similar to these)

Regards

Alan

• 1 month later...

Update,

Made a mold and cast up a body. Worked the body a bit and tried to make some decals. That didn't work so this is as far as I am at the moment. Still need to do a bit to the front. Then add some detail. Then sort out the running gear. Chassis is fly Porsche 917. I think I'll use slot-it running gear. Still have to tackle the interior and the glass.

Then I'll have another go at the decals.

Unless there is a master decal maker out there????

SR4-1.jpg

SR4-2.jpg

SR4-3.jpg

Alan Stubbings

• 3 months later...

Alan: Frank was the agent for Bell helmets and I am pretty sure he used a standard bell open fave still finished in white. His overalls were off white but I am not sure if the small stripes down the sides and arms were blue or red.

I can't help with the decals as I cannot print white,but could print blue onto white decal paper!

Phil