Slider

Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007- Rnd 8

Alan, I think there may be a slight error in the points posting in your tables. In the results posted by Peter, it showed Terry as having 194.30 laps, but in your table it's input as 194.10 which is the same as mine. If Peter's list is correct then Terry should have his total points increased by 0.10. Although it won't make any difference to the placings at this stage, it could mean a higher up overall placing for Terry later in a tight finish.

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Alan, I think there may be a slight error in the points posting in your tables. In the results posted by Peter, it showed Terry as having 194.30 laps, but in your table it's input as 194.10 which is the same as mine. If Peter's list is correct then Terry should have his total points increased by 0.10. Although it won't make any difference to the placings at this stage, it could mean a higher up overall placing for Terry later in a tight finish.

HI Lim

Yes your quite right there. I will fix it tomorrow, it a bit late and the Sam Cougar is just kicking in

Thanks

Alan

?????????????? What's going on?????????????

Qualified 12th and finished 2nd. What a pleasant surprise.

And what a screamer Fangio is turning out to be, another 1st place - well done. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if it wasn't for the first two rounds Fangio would have to be the car to beat.

Phil, how painful was it watching your car run and see it slipping further down the pointscore? Don't worry, I'm sure it's going to get back on top after the next two rounds.

Cheers and well done to all involved. This is such a great proxy to follow.

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

Paul: Most of the cars that ran later in the event seemed to be at some advantage as the track rubbered up more. Fangio's car was the one car that seemed good in the early heats.By heat 4 the track appeared to be getting much better and improved even more by the end.

We did have some thoughts about running Oswalds car as the tyres are R/S and the gear and chassis are touching the track at times.

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Phil, not wanting to rub salt into your wounds (yeah, right ;) ) but the pointscore is out for my total number of points. Round 3 has me and you with the same points (97.54) even though our cars were 2 laps apart. When I look back at round 3 I got 99.11 points so lenny needs to get out the calculator again and I know I'm going to need those extra 1.57 points by the time we run on your home track.

Did anyone break 4 seconds for the lap?

Cheers

Paul

Hi Guys

Yep Paul your right too, I have corrected that already on the master sheet. you are roughly 4.5 points clear.

I will be setting a side a day next week to go through all the round score sheets and the progressive points score.

I had a bit of a disaster last week with the master work book I'm afraid. the flash-drive that it was stored on decided that it should be to be formatted so I couldn't access the original with each round and the progressive score. Unfortuanetly I was dumb enough not to keep it backed up regularly so I had to make up a new set of scores for each round and a new points core sheet. luckily I had kept most of the emails with score sheets returned and the sore sheet jpegs are stored on my photobucket account.

Some of the more observant may have noticed that the latest sheet is slightly different in it's format. I don't think there are many errors but it will be sorted this week before we get to Hobart.

Sorry about that.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

None of the car's that i am aware of broke any records during the race but i was not taking any notice Brad may know , we had people drive long distance's to help with the race and some were on a tight schedule's so we went through the race as swiftly as we could . But after the race Phil got his cars out and and was doing ( my memory is not great) about 3.6 to 3.8 some where in that area The grip on the track changes from been cold to when it warms up. air temp and track temp play an important role .Saturday was one of the best days weather wise we have had for a long time the sky's were blue and it was t'shirt weather air temp was some where around 15 deg' s .

Cheers Slider

?????????????? What's going on?????????????

What he said! lol.gif

A strange race, thanks to all for your great efforts, congrats to Fangio, SportsRacer, and Terry!

I'm starting to relate to Kimi Raikkonen ...

Saturday was one of the best days weather wise we have had for a long time the sky's were blue and it was t'shirt weather air temp was some where around 15 deg' s .

Cheers Slider

Ah yes, Launceston. The only place I've seen the locals go swimming in wetsuits - in Summer! ;)

Thanks again for hosting this round. Hope you had lots of fun.

Cheers

Paul

It was very interesting being on the blue lane yesterday and racing the cars!!

Some of the cars had straight line fever!!!!

As in they would just go straight instead of going around corners!!

But the car that did the most laps on my lane was Phil.k's. 55

His car didnt come off once and never looked like coming off, his car did 3 more laps then the closest competitor on my lane!

On some of the cars the brakes were so violent they would deslot coming into corners, so it would require a finer touch to get them around, it was amusing to see a couple of cars just deslot randomly all over the track.

It was obvious that the cars had been raced quite a bit, lucky we weren't doing concourse!!!!

Some of the wheel inserts had come out too! or maybe they werent there to start of with!

would have been nice to stay and play afterwards especially with my new PITCHER Porsche but had to get back!

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

On some of the cars the brakes were so violent they would deslot coming into corners, so it would require a finer touch to get them around,

Don't you run adjustable brakes? All the tracks I've run on in Sydney have a variable resistor wired into the braking circuit and adjustable at the driver station. Makes the cars a bit quicker as the braking effort is adjustable to suit whatever car you're driving.

I know Smallnails has adjustable brakes on his controller. I think a couple of cars may have some small problem to be fixed this week. One porsche has the front wheels moving on the axle and binding up and another cars guide was bottoming out on the slot at one point, don't know how Jamie managed with that car on his sport track. I will unpack the cars tonight and start to check them.

I sent the nice weather up from Hobart early in the morning before I left here,could not put up with the Launceston weather!!!

Thanks to Slider for a good day and a chance to look at his track and have a run on it.

Phil

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

OK, with the cars in the manor that they are now, can we have a status report for all of them?

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Congratulations to the top 3, Fangio, Sports and Terry, big thanks to all involved in the round and thank you to Slider for hosting the event. But seriously what is going on here, 9th for the SCX vintage Ferrari?, someone's having a laugh, think I'll just look back in the morning for the real results.

As i found at my track - it was by no means the fatsest just suited the track - Horses for courses

Was a really good day to be involved with - special thanks to Slider as host, and Andrew for looking after timing and organising heats, he did a great job.

As a driver, there was a real difference in how the cars handled - some were smooth as silk and others rough as guts. The biggest surprise I got was with the SCX vintage Ferrari, really smoth, fast thruogh the corners, but held back by a lack of punch.

Good to see how this proxy stuff works, two or three entries out of Launceston next year are likely.

As a driver, there was a real difference in how the cars handled - some were smooth as silk and others rough as guts. The biggest surprise I got was with the SCX vintage Ferrari, really smoth, fast thruogh the corners, but held back by a lack of punch.

Thanks for that feedback Tazracer while the car obviously suited the last two tracks it sounds definitely like it's problem through the series has been a downright lack of power. I won't make that mistake next series and I already have a few great ideas I've developed, errr stolen from those front runners whose details are listed on the downunder proxy site. Roll on 2008.

Anthony it is not just the power the rear of the cars needs some more tuning, had a quick drive of it tonight, bearings seem loose and tyres out of round.

So it's modelled after a real Ferrari then?

Anthony it is not just the power the rear of the cars needs some more tuning, had a quick drive of it tonight, bearings seem loose and tyres out of round.

So it's modelled after a real Ferrari then?

Actually it's based on this year's Mclaren which is close enough. I did debate whether I should glue the bearings in but once the tyres are glued onto those BWA rims you can't get to the set screw and I didn't want to end up with a car with a completely sealed rear end, I should have listened to my head and not worried about being able to dismantle and reuse the car. I can't understand how the tyres are so out of round, that never happens with Ortmann's. Thanks Phil all good stuff to know.

can't get to the set screw

Of course you can, I use a small scriber to make ahole in the tyre and the allen key goes thru the hole!

Otmans are always out of round,but I think the problem may just be the bearings,did not get to your cars last night.

Phil

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

Ortmans are rarely out of round. they just don't fit some wheels very well without a little work... :). The secret with Ortmans is NOT to over true them, just take out the highspots and then run them in. If you true Ortmans too much they lose grip.

Regards

Alan

No not silicone. I understand they are based on Urathene, (as per AB Slotsport tyres), but I don't think anyone really knows, and I don't think Michael Ortman is going to tell anyone.

Regards

Alan