Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007- Rnd 8

Slider

OK the car's were sent on Monday 23rd and arrived safe and well today at 12 o'clock . The track surface has been prepared for tonite's Qualifying. Cars have been taken out of box and placed on the grid on the main straight awaiting the arrival of Brad ( smallnails ) .

P1030894.jpg

P1030900.jpg

P1030892.jpg

Results will be posted tonite. Thank you to those who Bribed me with Farmers Union Gift Voucher's i,m sure your car's will do well

Cheers Slider

Edited by Slider

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK the Qualifying has been done , due to unforeseen circumstances Brad was unable to attend and tazracers is as sick as .

I had to do this by my self the cars where sent to me ready to go i just gave the tyre's a quick clean on some tape.

Voltage,s was on 12 volts i ran cars in random order not knowing who owned what until i picked car up and done the tyre,s

I ran them on the yellow track 12.85 mt's in length i did 10 laps with each car . the following results are as follows if you spot any mistakes please let me know .

1 Phil K 4.187 Just kept getting better

2 Wet coast 4.187 Kicks butt :o

3 Fangio 4.277 Brilliant to drive

4 Lenny Broke 4.385 Quick but a bit hard to stay on track

5 Daisy slots 4.400 a real rocket , bit unpredictable

6 Bee jay 4.400 Nice and fast will improve on the day

7 Pete n95 4.418 Fast but hard to keep on track

8 Steve S 4.445 Great to drive nice controlled slides

9 Chenglaw ( Lim ) 4.454 nice but a bit hoppy out of corners

10 Terry noe 4.462 good to drive will improve on the day

11 Hoffy 4.477 nice to drive expected more

12 Sports Racer 4.486 good to drive but did not like coming down hill and out of corner 4

13 Magoo 4.502 Sweet nice to drive

14 son of sidecar 4.583 thought it went better than it did

15 oldslot 4.589 needs to be driven smooth

16 Hmc sat 4.647 nice to drive just a bit nervous , front tends to want to lift

17 Devious Dave 4.663 fast nice to drive a bit to tailey

18 Rhys 4.715 a bit skatey to drive and lacking speed

19 Phoneo 4.795 Lacking speed but good to drive

20 Anthony 4.671 Quite a handful to drive

21 Oswald 4.747 look,s like the tyre's are at the end of their life span

22 Manic 4.988 hard to drive could not tame

23 McGregor Failed to start ?

P1030903.jpg

Edited by Slider

Thanks Pete! I can't even put the good time down to Brad being used to my cars! i don't know about WETS car being so far up the field,seems to be getting better as the weather gets colder!

Phil

Brad was not there Phil it's was my unbeliveable driving Skill :o

Cheers Peter

I was dreading the Tassie rounds. Now I know why. Not too late to offer a case or two of Farmers Union?

Be interesting to see if anyone breaks the 4 second barrier and also how the cars would go on 13.8 volts! Might be worth experimenting once the race is over.

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

Be interesting to see if anyone breaks the 4 second barrier and also how the cars would go on 13.8 volts! Might be worth experimenting once the race is over.

All our record holding is done on the blue track ( inside ) it,s the tightest except for corner 3 it's has the biggest radius from memory it's 104 cm this is where you can gain the extra time if your car is set up well you can go full noise thru here . so my guess is if the cars that are doing low 4's on yellow lane there is a very good chance they will break the record . Mind You it is sub 4 sec's allready Barry's panoz driven by Brad got under 4 sec,s

Cheers Slider

Thanks for posting the qualifying results. Interesting reading. So Phil's back on top again as predicted. The time differential between the top and lower end of the qualifying field is quite substantial this time, so we'll have to wait and see what that translates into on race day. :blink:

"9 Chenglaw ( Lim ) 4.454 nice but a bit hoppy out of corners"

Don't like the sound of that - could be bent axle/wheel or tyre out of round? :D Or worse, chassis cracking up? :( Oh well, the little Lola will just have to soldier on, nothing much I can do about it from here. :cry:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Hi Guys it all came as a suprise to me

Fangio (USA) 196.10

Sports Racer - (Aus) 195.70

Terry Noe - (USA) 194.30

Chenglaw - (Mal) 194.10

Steve Stewart - (Aus) 193.40

Devious Dave (Aust, NSW) 192.70

BeeJay (UK) 190.60

Old Slot (Aust, NSW) 189.50

Antony - (Aus) 189.10

Phil Kablfell - (Aus, TAS) 188.50

McGregor (AUS) 188.10

Son Of Side Car (Aust, VIC) 187.70

PeteN95 - (USA) 187.20

Daisey Slots - (USA) 187.20

Mr Magoo - (Aus, SA) 185.10

Hoffy - (Aus, SA) 184.20

Lenny Broke - (Aus, SA) 183.10

HMCSAT - (Aus) 181.80

Rhys Filbee - (Aus, TAS) 181.40

Phoeneo28 - (Aus, QLD) 180.10

Wet Coast racer CDN 163.10

Oswald - (Aus, SA) 162.50

Manic35 - (Aus, QLD) 157.00

Side Car Steve (Aust, VIC) 0.00

The day went well Phil came up from hobart to oversee the proceding's and to Marshall , it was great to finally meet him

and he's a top bloke as well .

Rob was driving the red lane until personal injury cause his early retirement Barry had to take over as driver and Rob took on Duty's as marshall

Brad drove the Blue lane Brian on Yellow and I was on white Andrew marshalled and was also race controller.And My 11 year old Daughter Stevie Marshalled Corner 5 and done a wonderful job .

The results just go to show you how thing,s change .

The Cars are allready Packed and are in Hobart as i Type this Report . I would like to Thank Barry Brian , Brad ,Rob , Andrew, Stevie And Phil for Helping to make the day a success that it was . Unfornutally we did not save the laps on each lane (Each heat ) as we should have sorry for any inconvience this may cause but the end result is what matter,s And a thank you to Alan for giving us the opportunity to run the event and to all those that went to the effort to prepare cars and send them for us to Race .

Cheers Slider

Edited by Slider

Congrats to Fangio, Sports and Terry. And a real surprise for myself!!! ;):o How did my Lola get up to fourth? :lol: And just 2 sections off the podium, to boot. After Slider's comments on its qualifying form, I was expecting it to finish way down the list. And what happened to Phil? It looks like the form book's been turned almost upside down. Whatever it was, the guys involved must have done a masterful driving job - thanks to all and to Slider hosting this round on his great track. Well done! ;)

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Congratulations to the top 3, Fangio, Sports and Terry, big thanks to all involved in the round and thank you to Slider for hosting the event. But seriously what is going on here, 9th for the SCX vintage Ferrari?, someone's having a laugh, think I'll just look back in the morning for the real results.

Edited by Antony

Hi Guys

Congratulations to Fangio, Sports Racer and Terry Noe on their podiums

See Sports it ain't over till it's over

Also Thanks to Slider (Peter) and his crew for their efforts in running this round. I hope you enjoyed it.

Results and Pointscore update posted overe here

round 8 results and pointscores

Now we go into the final stage of the series in Hobart at Stratton Valley and Shelmore Park - I'll be posting info and pics in another post shortly

Cheers

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Great work Guys...Interesting race by the sound of it...Very different results from qualifying.

Nice work on the results Alan, very quick, certainly reinforces the view that this is one of the very best Proxy Races around.

Regards

Alan