Wdmcrg Round 7

15 replies to this topic

#1 Vinno

GP2 Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:20 PM

The July round of the Western Districts Group was held at tsmsoccer(Charlies) new routed track at Harrington Park. The group was a bit diminished with no 1 racer Joe being missed by all. Yes Joe we did miss your competition. Jamie was out and the cake master Cameron also didn't show which left our stomachs disappointed.

Three classes were run for the night with the first being Scalextric V8's, second was Restricted Sports cars and third was Formula Libra or "Tampon" as it has popularly become known as.

Posted Image
This is a picture of Charlie's new track. I was wondering how it would drive as there were a couple of rather tight sections but I found it to be one of the nicest flowing tracks I have driven in a long time.

Posted Image
Under the footbridge before the esses Gazza pulled out his Dick.................................Johnson car for a run. Charlie is punting the Pirtek up the inside with Bo around the outside.

Posted Image
Bo and Gazza through the esses before the main straight. This was a surprisingly fun section of the track when you are smooth as you can do a bit of a Skandinavian flick onto the straight.

Places were:
1st Devious Dave 158.3 laps
2nd Charlie 156.6 laps
3rd Craig 148.0 laps
4th Vince 147.9 laps
5th Bo 147.1 laps
6th Gazza 145.5 laps

Posted Image
2nd Class up was Restricted Sports. This class consisted mainly of Scalextric Aston Martins with Bo breaking it up with a Maserati and Charlie running a SCX Corvette. Gazza led the start here with Chalie close behind and about to swamp him. Actually Dave and Bo also swamped him in this one.

Posted Image
A Cherry Picker shot of Dave in the Aston and Bo Maserati appearing from under the bridge.

Posted Image
Charlie and Devious Dave hard at it in the squeeze.

Places were:
1st Charlie 167.2 laps
2nd Devious Dave 165.0 laps
3rd Vince 163.6 laps
4th Craig 160.0 laps
5th Gazza 155.6 laps
6th Bo 152.8 laps

Posted Image
Last class for the night was the Tampon Cup. This allowed the use of more powerful motors from and aluminium wheels and gears if wanted. Daves BMW with Fly Short Can Race Motor was all conquering on the night. Poor old Gazza had his secret weapon Moffat Mustang chopped and fully worked, but got creamed early in the race and had problems with the tyres rubbing the rest of the night due to the damage. Bo went through more cars than Imelda Marcos does shoes and Chalies Capri left a trail of aluminium Slot.it gear wherever it went.

Posted Image
Devious Dave is eyeing off Craigs thumb as he rushes to save Bo's Ferrari 360 Ninco. A sadist is old Dave. :ph34r: My Moby Dick is wheelstanding up the main straight in the corner of the pic.

Posted Image
Bo would have been worried here as the Moby Dick was hard to stop at warp speed at the end of the straight.

Places were:
1st Devious Dave 167.0 laps
2nd Vince 160.1 laps
3rd Charlie 155.5 laps
4th Gazza 152.2 laps
5th Craig 148.9 laps
6th Bo 144.6 laps

Thanks to Charlie for a great nights racing and hopefully the group will be back a bit bigger next time.

#2 Ontheflipside

IQ test result - Negative :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:10 PM

Looks like I missed out on a good night. B)

Was planning to attend but was bombarded by a heap of relo's for dinner :ph34r:

Hopefully I can make it on the 11th.

Thanks for the Pics Vinno.
I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

Posted Image

#3 tsmsoccer

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:08 AM

Vinno

Glad you liked the track it seems everyone had a good meet except for Gaz he had that Moffat Mustang running 5.2 second laps in practice on Friday and nothing could get near it.

Great pictures and what most would not know is Vinno actually took some of these pictures while he was actually racing. He had one hand on the camera and the other on the controller racing his car.

It was good to see that the SCX car could mix it with the Scaley's in the Restricted Sports at 12 volts. The Scaley's seemed to have a little more top end down the main straight but the SCX with the new floating motor pod had the edge in the handling department. All in all it ended up being close racing which is what we all want.

Guys I complied a list of all your complaints and things you wanted fixed to your satisfaction however would you believe it the dog got hold of the list and unfortunately I did not commit anything to memory mainly because I was just not listening.

Vinno you did take out one award for the night. As usual you managed to drop a little of whatever you had for dinner around the room and as usual you just walked away from it. Poor Dave and I were left there wondering if someone had walked into the room with dog poop on their shoes. Vinno strikes again.

Charlie

#4 Ontheflipside

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:28 AM

View Posttsmsoccer, on Jul 16 2007, 08:08 AM, said:

1. - Great pictures and what most would not know is Vinno actually took some of these pictures while he was actually racing. He had one hand on the camera and the other on the controller racing his car.

2. - Guys I complied a list of all your complaints and things you wanted fixed to your satisfaction however would you believe it the dog got hold of the list . . . . Poor Dave and I were left there wondering if someone had walked into the room with dog poop on their shoes.

Charlie

1. - Glad it was a camera!
2. - Didn't see ENO on the entrants list

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Posted Image

#5 gazza

2003 World hide and seek champion

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,234 posts
  • Location:Sitting in front of the computer, how else could i be typing this

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:11 PM

View Posttsmsoccer, on Jul 16 2007, 08:08 AM, said:

Guys I complied a list of all your complaints and things you wanted fixed to your satisfaction however would you believe it the dog got hold of the list and unfortunately I did not commit anything to memory mainly because I was just not listening.

That's ok Charlie ..... i thought something like that would happen .......... so i made a list out when i got home .......... i'll send it to you.

I know how much you want to fix up all those faults and get the track running properly <_< :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Again great night !

Gary
Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

#6 Sim 999

Slot Rodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

May I ask a stupid question???
How many cars do I need tohave an what sort to be able to race in club and what would you sugest being the most popular racing ( eg: v8)

Cheers <_<
Sim

CANYON COUNTY RACEWAY

#7 schuey19

Kart Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:48 PM

View PostSim 999, on Jul 16 2007, 09:04 PM, said:

May I ask a stupid question???
How many cars do I need tohave an what sort to be able to race in club and what would you sugest being the most popular racing ( eg: v8)

Cheers <_<

Not a stupid question at all. We run 12 classes, each class getting three runs runs. I don't have them handy, but I'm sure someone will be able to email the regs to you.

Good to see everyone had a great run on your new track Charlie, it is a keeper.

#8 JDT63

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

Just joined the forum. Where and when would the next race be? Are out of the box cars on the pace?
JT

#9 Devious Dave

Oz Rally Proxy Champ 2007/2013

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

The next meet is once again at Charlie's. You would be made welcome by all. We'll be having races for the following;

Race 1...NC-1 Powered Classics.
Open to any Pre ’66 Sports/GT car.
Inline Chassis from other approved manufacturers can be adapted. Motor location may be altered.
Motors. Ninco NC-1 or Dick Smith.
Gears. 9/27
Wheels. Free choice of wheels and tyres but substitutes must be of scale appearance; otherwise photographic evidence will be required.
Guide. Free choice.

Race 2...Trans Am. 1964 to 1975.
Motor. Scalex.
Gears. Scalex s/w.
Wheels and tyres. Scalex as supplied.
Guide. Free, may be hard wired.
Open to standard Scalex Mustang and Camaro cars.

Race 3...Modern Sports (open)
Any Modern Sports/GT Car from 1993 onwards. (post Grp C).
All bodies and components are free choice from approved manufacturers.

Hope you can make it. Dave

#10 tsmsoccer

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:09 PM

View PostJDT63, on Aug 19 2007, 09:33 PM, said:

Just joined the forum. Where and when would the next race be? Are out of the box cars on the pace?
JT
Hi JT

Dave has answered your question but if you are just starting out you could do the following

Race 1 Any Ninco Classic car you have as long as it has an NC1 motor and add a little weight

Race 2 Any Scalex Camaro or Mustang. Again straight out of the box if you like just add weight

Race 3 Modern Sports (open) is a little more varied A Toyota Supra , Porsche GT3, Toyota GT1 Slot It Nissan something along those lines .

Hope this helps contact me if you are interested as Dave said you would be most welcome

Charlie

#11 Bigfela

Whoops!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:58 PM

Where & when is the meet at? I would like to try my luck & meet a few of the guys. :rolleyes:
PSN:- Llewy13.
Thrillhouse Arcade member

#12 Vinno

GP2 Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:33 PM

To answer another question. You won't be competitive with out of the box cars. Most guys here are very old hand racers and have things down pat. You do however need to start somewhere and all the guys are willing to help out with setup.

It starts out as a bit of fun any way some come along and find out.

#13 Ontheflipside

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:41 PM

View PostVinno, on Aug 20 2007, 07:33 PM, said:

To answer another question. You won't be competitive with out of the box cars. Most guys here are very old hand racers and have things down pat. You do however need to start somewhere and all the guys are willing to help out with setup.

It starts out as a bit of fun any way some come along and find out.
I was going to come along until you come onto the scene here with this Vinno :rolleyes: :lol: :cry: :cry:

Posted Image

#14 tsmsoccer

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:26 PM

View PostBigfela, on Aug 20 2007, 06:58 PM, said:

Where & when is the meet at? I would like to try my luck & meet a few of the guys. :(

The next meet will be Saturday the 8th September. If you are interested PM me and I will give you the address

Charlie

#15 gazza

2003 World hide and seek champion

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,234 posts
  • Location:Sitting in front of the computer, how else could i be typing this

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:03 PM

If you want to start at the bottom of the scale ......... you can come along to the rally at my place this saturday (25th)

Gary
Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

#16 tsmsoccer

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:37 PM

Just bumping this post as racing is on again this Saturday night.
From the practice run so far get ready for some close racing
See you Saturday

Race 2...Trans Am. 1964 to 1975.
Motor. Scalex.
Gears. Scalex s/w.
Wheels and tyres. Scalex as supplied.
Guide. Free, may be hard wired.
Open to standard Scalex Mustang and Camaro cars.

Race 3...Modern Sports (open)
Any Modern Sports/GT Car from 1993 onwards. (post Grp C).
All bodies and components are free choice from approved manufacturers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users