allan a

The Toy Shop, Melbourne

Does anyone know what has become of the Toy Shop in east Melbourne?

I've bought stuff from them in the past, but an order placed (and paid for) a couple of months ago failed to turn up. I got an email to say the order was in the system and it quoted a reference number, but inputting that number into their web site tells me the order doesn't exist. Emails are unanswered and the phone number goes to a message machine which promises they will return the call but it doesn't happen.

Looks like I've done my dough, but the real worry is that the website is still alive an well and appears to still accept orders (and presumably payments - but I'm not game enough to try and order anything to see).

Apparently they operate out of a light industrial area in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, and previously they have told me that pickups can be done from the site but it's not a "retail shop" as such.

Anyone know if they still operate, if so how to contact them?

Allan A (Canberra)

Sorry Allan - I don't know them. PM me an address and I'll have a poke about if you like..

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Go to the Department of Fair trading or whoever you have in Victoria. They may be able to tell you what is going on with them or find out.

Hi,

If you paid with your credit card, call your cards provider and tell them that you never recieved the goods and you wish to have the item "charged back" to your account as you never recieved them, use the term "charge back" as this is the banks term for refunding your money.

Your bank will send you the forms to fill in, once they have recieved them your money will be credited back into your account, but beware the seller may submit your payment details again so you may need to go through the process again.

This is what happened to me, the only difference was that I paid via Paypal, but in the end I got my $$$ back.

Goodluck

Tony

Hi,

If you paid with your credit card, call your cards provider and tell them that you never recieved the goods and you wish to have the item "charged back" to your account as you never recieved them, use the term "charge back" as this is the banks term for refunding your money.

Your bank will send you the forms to fill in, once they have recieved them your money will be credited back into your account, but beware the seller may submit your payment details again so you may need to go through the process again.

This is what happened to me, the only difference was that I paid via Paypal, but in the end I got my $$$ back.

Goodluck

Tony

Unfortunately it was a direct bank deposit...

But what concerns me more, for the sake of other people, is that the website still seems to be alive and well and presumably still taking orders. http://www.thetoystore.com.au/shop/index.asp?c=0

Allan A

Sorry Allan - I don't know them. PM me an address and I'll have a poke about if you like..

Unfortunately I don't still have a copy of the street address. I did get it at one stage, as my wife has a son who lives in a nearby suburb (Surrey Hills) and I was looking at the possiblity of him picking up a previous order for me to save postage as we were going down to Melbourne (from Canberra). But I ended up just getting it posted and I don't appear to have kept the address details. I remember them saying at the time they didn't have a "shopfront" where you could look at things as they were a mail order business, but I could have arranged a pickup. There is no physical address on the website.

Thanks anyway for the offer.

Allan A

Allan A

I think I know who this is and I am pretty sure I know where he lives. pm me for more details.

Alan

Alan Stubbings

Yeah Likewise. I just sent Eno a message to check with him, then found an exact link.

He's a decent guy from all I've heard, I think the order has just fallen into a hole somehow.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

I've dealt with him a few times. Over the net and been to his house. Never had a problem. I also think it's slipped thru the cracks.

Alan Stubbings

Hey Allan, That's my mate Jurgen. There's no way he'd have stuffed you about on purpose - he's a bigger slot-head than anyone I know (last I saw he had a collection of about 1500 cars..)

Never seen that address before but what the hell.

The phone number on the thing is probably right - but give him a call on Saturday morning (?) as he's recently had to go back to having a 'real' job for the moment. :bluebounce:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

There is only one slot head i know who is larger!

nah nah nah nah nah BATMAN!!!!! :bluebounce: :huh: :(

You need to get off the island maybe just a break for a few weeks :lol::lol:

Alan: I had the same problem with him last year but no money had changed hands. I ordered tyres and motors from him and after 4 weeks I phoned him, he had a problem with the tyres and could not supply so I asked him to send the motors, still waiting. Seemed a nice guy on the phone,spent 1/2 hr talking slots, must just be forgetful about orders.

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Hi All,

Just thought this is an opportune time for some of us to offer assistance to interstate slotters.

I'm happy to assist with 'picking up' and posting out items to interstaters if it helps.

I know some shops have slow mailouts, or only mail once a week etc, or add hefty charges & handling etc.

Anyway, just thought i'd put my offer out there, and i'm sure sometime in future an interstater could pickup for me too...

I live in Melb East-suburbs, so i'm happy to help where possible (i'm on the road often), and if i';m going to those shops anyway, i may as well pickup stuff too ;-)

Marty.

Hey Allan, That's my mate Jurgen. There's no way he'd have stuffed you about on purpose - he's a bigger slot-head than anyone I know (last I saw he had a collection of about 1500 cars..)

Never seen that address before but what the hell.

The phone number on the thing is probably right - but give him a call on Saturday morning (?) as he's recently had to go back to having a 'real' job for the moment. ;)

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep trying the phone no and see how I go. Perhaps there is hope yet!

Thanks to all on the Forum who have responded on this.

Allan A