Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007- Rnd 7

aastes

Looking forward to hosting round 8.
Looking forward to being there, particularly after the marked improvement in this round I tell ya!

When you get the Thread going on your round, can you provide a bit of info about Tasmania for us ignorant types in other places on the planet? Are you guys into animal husbandry like the Ozzys and Kiwis? Stuff like that. bounce.gif

Just out of intrest how many cars were running Ortmanns as I am intriged as to how they performed at my track - I didn't look at the tryes save to give any that bounced a lot the slightest of 'shaves ( minimal - more a clean than anything else)

Also I have work to do but will go through the cars this evening and post a review on the event late this evening

Hi Guys

Official results Posted on the round by round thread. Here's the linky

Round 7 results & prog points

Thanks to Aastes for bunging on a top round and congrats to Fangio for the win , and well done to Devious Dave and Steve Stewart on their podium places

On a personal note I have to say I'm pleased to see the TB 250lm back up in the top ten again after it's mid season slump in Sydney.

..............and I saw off that red GT40 too !! :ph34r:

Next round we travel down to the South Island to Launceston and Slider Park.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Nice to be sticking it to that HMCSAT car for once!!!!! :haha:

Once again, there goes Manic shooting his mouth off be for the facts are all in :haha:

I think it was Sun Tsu in 500BC who said..."If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float bye" <_<

Edited by manic35

Thanks for the feedback, Steve. Just wondering whether the bouncing rear end of my T290 could be due to the chassis crack opening up again. :P If so, would you be able to add a few drops of super glue to hold it together again? :lol:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

One Porsche 908/3 has a rear fin snapped off

That car would be mine. :P Aastes, did this happen at your track? If so, lay the broken piece flat on the rear deck behind the motor and tape it there. I would like to get this piece back at the end of the dupr series to try and salvage this car for more racing.

Terry

Thanks for the feedback, Steve. Just wondering whether the bouncing rear end of my T290 could be due to the chassis crack opening up again. B) If so, would you be able to add a few drops of super glue to hold it together again? :P

Have checked all cars over didn't notice bt will recheck your

Every drop of superglue is a 10 point penalty (I read that in the rules somewhere didn't I ?) B):P

That's odd. I thought the rules said that any damaged car that continued running in the series would be given a 10-lap handicap. :) :mosh: :mosh: :P

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Thanks to aastes for the race and the report and good to see some other cars at the front, congratulations Fangio, devious and Steve. And a big thank you to aastes for having a track that finally suited the terminally underpowered Ferrari, well almost, 16th the best result yet, hooray.

I really want to do an engine transplant on this car when I get it back and see if it's problem really is just a lack of grunt. I suspect there are other issues. My reason for opting for the SCX 330P was the fact that I have had the original 1960s issues and the modern reissues of this car and they have always handled extremely well for me out of the box, probably because the RX and RX4 provide a big solid lump along the spine of the car and are not overpowered, so I did as little to it as possible, mind you that could just be laziness..... I have to admit I had secretly hoped the SCX Pro motor would be a bit more powerful than has been the case, the numbers looked good but the performance doesn't appear to be there. Should be nicely run in when I get it back though.....

Don't know why but I've always found the Turbo motor to be faster than the Turbo Pro

Paul

Paul,

The motor I used was the new Prospeed because I had read somewhere, probably in the SCX publicity for their new Pro cars, it was good for 23k. I now see that Slotcarnews posts a motor list which has the Prospeed producing only 19400 and that is less than either the Turbo or Pro Turbo according to them, ho hum.