aastes

Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007- Rnd 7

Cars have just arrived safe and sound

Shall practice Thursday night and the cars will be raced Saturday evening AFTER the rugby between the Boks and the Blacks

Edited by aastes

AFTER the rugby

No that could present some problems!

Phil

Nah - that ends at 7.30pm so is all cool just mean she who must be obeyed will see little of me that day as am out to lunch as well :^)

Lifes good

Practice and qualifying done. - must be a LOLA loving track

Racing will take place to morrow evening

Entrant Best Lap time Comment

Mr Magoo - (Aus, SA) 6.205 nice and smooth

Fangio (USA) 6.207 likewise

Wet Coast racer CDN 6.211 the only non Lola in the top four

Steve Stewart - (Aus) 6.214 home track car but I have never driven it here - go figure

Son Of Side Car (Aust, VIC) 6.270 bounces a lot on hard accelaration

Antony - (Aus) 6.273 not the quickest but suits the track

Lenny Broke - (Aus, SA) 6.320 handles well - plenty of speed

Rhys Filbee - (Aus, TAS) 6.320 suits the track ultra smooth

Devious Dave (Aust, NSW) 6.368 smooth easy to drive

Daisey Slots - (USA) 6.370 bounces more than Dolly Parton running for a bus

Phil Kablfell - (Aus, TAS) 6.371 very nice to drive - will go better during the race - first car qualified

Sports Racer - (Aus) 6.371 time does not reflect where it will finsh

Hoffy - (Aus, SA) 6.477 should go better tomorrow

PeteN95 - (USA) 6.480 struggled on the track especially the undulations

BeeJay (UK) 6.539 easy to drive but maybe needs a bit more grip here

McGregor (AUS) 6.539 needs grip

Chenglaw - (Mal) 6.543 had to back off round the banking - one of only three cars that couldn't take it full speed

Old Slot (Aust, NSW) 6.590 struggled on the track especially the undulations

Oswald - (Aus, SA) 6.590 needs more uumph

Manic35 - (Aus, QLD) 6.641 Struuggling in the slow sections

Side Car Steve (Aust, VIC) 6.641 smooth and steady

Terry Noe - (USA) 6.648 plenty of speed it can't all be used as hops a bit

Phoeneo28 - (Aus, QLD) 6.699 easy to drive but feels way down on power

HMCSAT - (Aus) 6.809 just doesn't like the track

Noticable that the smoothest cars rose to the top - Ultimate speed is not a demand here but an ability to put the power down and accelarate fast especially in the bridge section is a must for fast lap times both up hill to the bridge and exiting the bridge. Also being able to go full noise round the banking will pick up time so long as the car can pull up for the next right hander. This is where the ultimate fastest cars in terms of top end speed lost time. Although Anthonys Ferrari which is by no means the fastest car just suits the track hance it being up the front end of the field. Only three cars REALLY DIDN"T LIKE going full speed round the banking. It's not all bad if a car comes off in the banking as the concrete floor stops them falling any further.

Likewise the banked section kills heavy or down on speed cars. Favourate car to drive. Hmmm. Rhys's car cos it just keeps on keeping on. Just a tad more top end and it would have been right at the pointy end.

So many cars separated by only hundredths of a second, going to be a very interesting race. Nice to see all the new cars at the front.

May the downforce be with you.

Nice to see some different faces up top for qualifying....Well done WCR... :) ...did they find the parking brake?....

This is what makes Proxy Racing interesting, you can never tell how well your car will go on different track surfaces.

Looking forward to the race.

Regards

Alan

Woo hoo, the difference a track makes! Made my day. Friday just after getting home from work here, enjoying a Bushman's, this is great!

Thanks for the wake up on SCI Lenny this is fantastic, I'll be hyped all weekend. cool.gif

second bracket in progress

Each car has been raced once - the programme allows for heats of four cars per heat run once then runs the cars on lanes they haven't run - that way the series is broken up into four brackets ( if that makes sense)

fangio 19.31

steve s 19.015

devious 18.718

sports r 18.657

lenny 18.455

filbee 18.44

wet coas 18.438

son of s 18.404

magoo 18.357

p kabife 18.123

terry no 18.065

hmcsat 18.059

mcgregor 18.058

pete95 17.944

old slot 17.907

beejay 17.885

antony 17.84

phoeneo 17.723

manic35 17.505

chenglaw 17.406

hoffy 17.371

daisy 17.34

oswald 16.999

sidecar 16.956

fastest lap Fangio 5.953

Bad news os one car did launch of the banking onto the floor ( sorry Oswald) the back axle popped out. the good news is before it crashed it was lapping in the 6.6 sec bracketwhen the heat was restarted the car was lapping in the 6.2 sec bracket and felt much smoother - i think it's call impact tuning

Edited by aastes

Wow, that was quick off the mark with the first round of results! We can now keep tabs of our cars as the race progresses. Hope you can keep it up. :ph34r:

Looks like my car doesn't like the lane or track it's running on as it's almost hitting rock bottom on the list - first time it's gone that low. :ph34r: Let's see if it goes better on the other lanes. :ph34r:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Final laps - Sorry for latness but had to run 5 heats to get to 10 mins racing I stupidly only keyed in 2 mins per heat - Plus a couple of cars cuasd stoppages - All details supplied later

CORRECTED RESULTS (Old Slot missed three laps during bracket 2)

fangio 96.069

devious 94.81

steve s 94.479

sports r 93.318

magoo 92.865

wet coas 92.597

lenny 92.41

hmcsat 91.424

p kabife 91.076

beejay 91

old slot 90.784

pete95 90.586

filbee 90.529

chenglaw 90.521

son of s 90.453

antony 89.905

hoffy 89.546

oswald 89.443

phoeneo 89.433

terry no 88.673

mcgregor 87.848

manic35 87.795

daisy 86.912

sidecar 85.85

As can be seen 4 Lolas in the top five

Edited by aastes

Lim....I don't think this is an Ortman track....... :ph34r:

Regards

Alan

Your car got better atowards the end - just didn't have enough grip to put the power down

Wow, that was quick off the mark with the first round of results! We can now keep tabs of our cars as the race progresses. Hope you can keep it up. :ph34r:

Looks like my car doesn't like the lane or track it's running on as it's almost hitting rock bottom on the list - first time it's gone that low. :ph34r: Let's see if it goes better on the other lanes. :ph34r:

The higher up the banking it went the better it felt - just didn't run well on the inside - As your moved up the lanes it did get a lot faster - just failed to break into the 5 sec brack

Lim....I don't think this is an Ortman track....... :ph34r:

Regards

Alan

Looks like you could be right, Alan, as your Porsche seems to be a little off the pace too, although not quite so far off as mine. Anyway, let's hope the next track will be better suited to our tyres. :ph34r:

Congrats to Fangio, Dave and Steve - a complete change of podium. If this trend continues, it'll throw the whole series wide open. The races are going to get interesting again! :ph34r: :ph34r:

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Thanks for the results aastes, hope you had a fun night. Congrats to Fangio, Devious and Steve.

And by my reckoning I beat Phil by enough of a margin to get me back into the proxy lead - by less than a point! Hope I've done my maths right.

Cheers

Paul

I don't know who was on what tyre - I don't run Ortmanns - not because they don't work here but because I don't have any and as far as I know no one has run them - MJK are only very marginally better than say standard Ninco tyres. I'm tipping the Ortmanns got better as the evening wore on - Don't know what was on DD's car but it was just so easy to drive at just about its fastest lap after lap hence it doing so well

I think Devious runs MJK's on his car. I know he tipped me off as to how well they handled on Bo's track and that's why I used them on my Lola.

Best bit of advice I've been given in years.

Cheers

Paul

PS it's 2:25 am. Time you went to bed aastes. You've got a lot of reporting to do tomorrow. Er, I mean today, later this morning.

Edited by Sports Racer

Nice to be sticking it to that HMCSAT car for once!!!!! :ph34r:

Once again, there goes Manic shooting his mouth off be for the facts are all in :ph34r:

Looking forward to hosting round 8. tracks running well as is the software. going to light the barby for lunch or afternoon break whatever we can do . Can't wait :ph34r:

Cheers Slider