JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

Official results and progressive point scores are now posted in the Round by Round thread here.

rnd 6 results

scroll to bottom of page.

Congratulations to Phil on another win and to Beejay and Fangio well done , looks like a great fight back for both of you from the early round results.

Not sure what's happening with my car though seems to be slowly slipping down the field. looks like I peaked early in the season. :ph34r:

Thanks to Jamie and Cameron for putting on last nights event

Now onto round 7 in Victoria with Aastes (Steve Stewart) at Woodlands Speedway

Alan

ps scores are calculated to the second decimal point using the xl program as supplied by Phil

I enter the scores as received from the hosts and the spreadsheet does the rest.

no rounding down here, not sure about elsewhere :huh2:

Edited by lenny broke

By the time the Tassie rounds are done Phil should pull ahead even further. From what Phil says the MJK tyres I'm running don't work too well in Tassie so I might have trouble holding on to 2nd place. We wait and see. And there's always next year. :unsure:

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

Another round completed and another win for Phil!!! Congrats to the top 3 finishers :huh2: Sliding down the table, that's me, now in seventh place and a massive 20 points behind Phil and Sports who look to be making this series a 2-horse race. :unsure: The chances of someone turning this around will require a total reversal of form and with the series heading for the Tassie tracks, the likelyhood of this happening is @#@!%* remote! :huh:

Now, where's my car for next year? ........ .............

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

P3's usually work well down here.
Thanks! I needed that. At least they should be properly trued by now ...

Sliding down the table, that's me.
It seems so, and a bit of a shock; the way this series started, I figured that little blue bomb of yours was destined for stardom.

I'm sure we both have pretty decent cars, but there's some kind of secret ingredient that the points leaders have figured out, it seems. :unsure:

preparation....................preparation.......preparation................

Yup, you can say that again! I thought if I left the car in pretty much stock condition without too many mods, there would be less things to go wrong. But unfortunately I reckoned without a basic weakness in the chassis. And as it was a make which was completely new to me and which I hadn't run before until about 4 days prior to being posted off, I was totally oblivious to the fact that the chassis can crack at point near the motor mount. And as they say "in motor racing, if it can happen, it WILL happen"! Nothing much I can do about it now except maybe say a prayer or two (and I have not been given to asking the ONE up there for help! :ph34r: )

Needless to say, the next car I prepare will be gone over with a fine tooth comb (probably with a lot of missing teeth :lol: ).

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Sure would enjoy trying your cars on my track one of these days, gents.

Paul, you wouldn't get very much out of it, certainly not from my car anyway.... :lol: . Your "bailing wire" special GPR 908 is much faster than this car.

All I did with my DUPR 908 was to assemble it properly, in a way that works on my track. I glue the motor pod solid to the main chassis, and the chassis screws are all pretty tight with very little movement. ( I bet it's the only car set up this way... :ph34r:) I set up all my Fly Classic cars in exactly the same way, the only difference with this one is the motor. All the Fly running gear is replaced with good quality Slot.it items, aligned properly to reduce as much friction as possible . Good quality BWA wheels with well trued Ortmans. No floppy pods or anything else....No secrets here.

Regards

Alan

Sure would enjoy trying your cars on my track one of these days, gents.

Paul, you wouldn't get very much out of it, certainly not from my car anyway.... :lol: . Your "bailing wire" special GPR 908 is much faster than this car.

All I did with my DUPR 908 was to assemble it properly, in a way that works on my track. I glue the motor pod solid to the main chassis, and the chassis screws are all pretty tight with very little movement. ( I bet it's the only car set up this way... :ph34r:) I set up all my Fly Classic cars in exactly the same way, the only difference with this one is the motor. All the Fly running gear is replaced with good quality Slot.it items, aligned properly to reduce as much friction as possible . Good quality BWA wheels with well trued Ortmans. No floppy pods or anything else....No secrets here.

Regards

Alan

Alan

I backed the screws off on your car after my round as they were tightened up fully, and dropped another tenth of a second. The setup instructions are missing if you sent some so maybe you could be further up the field. You don't need to know that do you?

Slider: I think smallnails Nissan has P3's fitted how does that go on your track?

Phil

My Slot it is 4.149 Brads was 4.003 ( once again correct me if i am wrong ) . Brian was in between the two don,t quote me. mine has silicones on it

Cheers Peter

Yup my nissan has p3's with every thing is loose as a goose! (or BRUCE)

sliders 956 was very very taily with p3's but got low times when changed to silicones. This car has only done quick times when everything was as tight as a dutchman!

Brians lancia was very quick with not much work done. This car will be the lap record holder in due time in my opinion!

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif