Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007- Rnd 6

Just starting a new topic for the next round which should be held this Friday night 29th of June if all goes well.

I will be putting the cars through their paces in an hour or so and will post up some lap times for each one later tonight.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will put up some pictures and more info later on.

It is a 4 lane Scalextric Sport Track and Boslot gave the cars a little run each first and the top fifteen with him running them were as follows:

1. Fangio

2. Phil Kalbfell

3. DaisySlots

4. Sportsracer

5. PeteN

6. Beejay

7. Hoffy

8. McGregor

9. Son Of Sidecar

10. Terry Noe

11. Chenglaw

12. Devious Dave

13. Oldslot

14. Lenny Broke

15. Wet Coast

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Now for the official Qualifying Times. Of course they won't be a perfect indication of how the cars will perform under race conditions but they do show which cars are the ones in the running. Some of the very quick cars were quite hard to drive consistently and a few of the cars with not so deep guides, had trouble negotiating the SCX crossover track at a decent speed.

Anyway, here it is:

1. Phil Kalbfell - 7.00

2. Daisy Slots - 7.04

3. Fangio - 7.09

4. Beejay - 7.09

5. PeteN - 7.13

6. Devious Dave - 7.21

7. Sportsracer - 7.25

8. McGregor - 7.31

9. Son of Sidecar - 7.31

10. Terry Noe - 7.34

11. Chenglaw - 7.40

12. Magoo - 7.40

13. Steve Stewart - 7.42

14. Hoffy - 7.44

15. Oldslot - 7.48

16. Antony - 7.59

17. Lenny Broke - 7.69

18. Wet Coast - 7.74

19. HMCSat - 7.78

20. Sidecar Steve - 7.81

21. Phoeno - 7.86

22. Oswald - 7.87

23. Rhys Filbee - 7.90

24. Manic - 7.99

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

As expected, my Lola is dropping down the order, right to midfield, although I'm a little surprised, seeing that it was set up and tested on Scalex Sport track back here and it went quite well then. Must be the stress from the five earlier rounds setting in and wear and tear making itself felt. Oh well, looks like it's not going to figure too high in the results in this round, ;) maybe the later ones, hopefully? :P

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Here's a few pictures of the cars on my track. Everyone's a winner !!

The cars lined up on the starting grid in order of their qualifying lap times.

G'day Jamie.

I think you have confused my car with Steve Stewarts (or vice versa). Mine is the Black and Yellow Lola, Steve's is the white one.

So.....did mine qualify 13th or 20th?

Sidecar Steve Stewart....(hehehehehehe)

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

I think you have confused my car with Steve Stewarts (or vice versa). Mine is the Black and Yellow Lola, Steve's is the white one.

So.....did mine qualify 13th or 20th?

Hi Sidecar,

The qualifying times are all correct for each car. Boslot lined the cars up on the grid for the official photo's so looks like there is a slight mixup there but he was probably just getting a little tired and wanted to get home to bed.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Thanks for all the pictures Jamie, great looking track. Quite a reasonable qualifying position for the Ecurie Lentement Ferrari so no doubt it will be slipping and sliding back from there come race day. Looking at the pictures it would seem that my hastily and clumsily applied side decals have definitely not survived this far but frankly I didn't expect them too. Looking forward to the race results.

Boslot lined the cars up on the grid for the official photo's so looks like there is a slight mixup there but he was probably just getting a little tired and wanted to get home to bed.

Bugger. So Bo got me all excited for nothing!!. Thats a first :mosh: :blink::ph34r:

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

"Here's a few pictures of all the cars which are doing quite well considering they are halfway through the 2007 Proxy Series."

Have to agree that the cars appear to have survived the rigors of the last 5 rounds pretty well - my Lola seems to be missing only 1 rear mirror so far. :rolleyes: Hope it'll stay that way! :lol: :lol: :lol: And being rather light, I don't think it is able to handle the sharp change of direction on the crossover too well and will definitely lose out in a shoving match. :(

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

"Here's a few pictures of all the cars which are doing quite well considering they are halfway through the 2007 Proxy Series."

Have to agree that the cars appear to have survived the rigors of the last 5 rounds pretty well - my Lola seems to be missing only 1 rear mirror so far. <_< Hope it'll stay that way! :huh::o:) And being rather light, I don't think it is able to handle the sharp change of direction on the crossover too well and will definitely lose out in a shoving match. :)

Your rear wing had come off too but it appears to have been re fitted.

Hmmm looks like another track that P3s don't work so well on ... great reporting, though, should be a great race!

My guess is your tyres are too worn as new P3's always went well on Scaley Sport. The first three tracks destroy P3's. Try P4's next year.

Hmmm looks like another track that P3s don't work so well on ... great reporting, though, should be a great race!

My guess is your tyres are too worn as new P3's always went well on Scaley Sport. The first three tracks destroy P3's. Try P4's next year.

Hi

I'm running p4, Vince and it sounds like I'm having traction problems as well.

I think the NSR's may be the gun tyres this year.

Alan