Change Of Host For Round 8

Hi Guys

I have had notice from Davenic to tell me he can now no longer host Round 8 at Eagle Ridge.

So I would now like to announce that Slider will now be Hosting Round 8 of the Down Under Proxy Series at Slider Park in Launceston

Good luck Peter and I hope the race will be as great a success as the other round so far.

Thanks to Davenic for offering to host around and good times to you in the future Dave.

I will make the changes to the hosting thread tomorrow (Wednesday) with appropriate links to track info etc.

Cheers Alan

Here's a link to some posts on Slider Park

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?sho...ost&p=41706

And here is some video image

slider park

Can you give us a run down on the track specs please, Pete?

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Sliderpark Raceway,

4 lanes, 100 mm spacing.

120 mm gutters on outside except corner 3 which is 80mm, also the widest radius ( blue lane )and if you have your car set up well you can go full noise

White lane (outside) #1 is 14.10 meters in lenght

red lane #2 is 13.50 meters

yellow lane #3 is 12.85 meters

Blue lane (inside ) 12.20 meters

Surface is Walpamur low sheen acrylic exterior blockout

trackmate software

sensor and light bridge

Best lap unisia jecs nissan r390 slot.it @ 4.1secs. Brad,s (Smallnails)

Tracks is Free flowing make for some fast action going up into the esses and down and around out of the esses is the tricky bit this is where you make or loose time .

Dick smith power supply variable voltage 0 - 15 volts 30 amps

Parma economy controllers 25 ohms

Normally run Fly classics at 9 volts

this changes for different classes

Track grip changes as the night progress track rubbers up and shed warms up makes for some close racing .

Edited by Slider

Surface is Walpamur low sheen acrylic exterior blockout
Thank heavens, at least somebody down there has some design sense eh? B)

Your track looks like it is a real fast one. I look forward to resuming my position at the back of the field..... with Wet and Manic.
No way mate, once Bingle gets his P3s off those Ferrador surfaces he will rocket ahead (assuming there's any rubber left on the rims)! driving.gif

Smallnails, great avatar! av-637.gif

Looking forward to the next round; so long as it ain't Ferrador. Those condescending glances from BeeJay, Terry, & Pete are starting to get on my nerves right now ... furious.gif

Edited by Wet Coast Racer

At 12 volts you can,t drive the cars, you can get away with 10 maybe, we do use weight and done a few mods to get them to run .

Cheers Slider

PS i,m looking forward to seeing how the proxy cars run if i can i shall run them at 12 v and if they perform i have a lot of work to do to my cars

Edited by Slider

At 12 volts you can,t drive the cars

Then there is either something wrong with your setup or the surface is not allowing enough grip.

You should be able to run on 12 volts with no problems. We even use 13.8 on Rhys's little track with no problems.

I believe most of the Proxy cars have been built to run on 12 volts.

Phil

ok we turn up the volts to 12 tonite . had Barry here , also Rob from brisbane , Brian and Brad , track has had a lot of use tonite more so then ever heaps of rubber down on the track , the slotit's are doing very low 4's just did not break into the 3 sec bracket . i feel the proxy's cars are going to break into that 3 sec braket no worries will try too use track as much as possible before the proxy race . Is was good to meet Barry and Rob both nice guys and gentle men racers .

Cheers Slider

• 1 month later...