DAVENIC

Wooden And Plastic

I was wondering if it is possible to mix wooden track with plastic track. :P

I am keen to have a working pit lane and maybe have a rally track combined with my racing track. Would it be possible to join the copper strips with the plastic track?

I can't see why it wouldn't work and it would allow alot of flexibilty with track design. I know magnets wouldn't work on the wooden parts but this would add to the excitement.

Can anyone see this not working??? ;):):)

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

heyo,

i think thats a top idea and it would definatly work. (assuming all your solder joins are good)

i rekon that would be so kool, a rally track with road (plastic track) and dirt or snow (wooden track) and you would have realistic handling too, grippy on the road (thanks to magent) and slip 'n' slide on the wooden track! :D

cya

Rene.

An unmodified car is like a blank sheet of paper, aching to be drawn on.

Ren's 3 lane routed track with analogue pits and 2 car sudden death.

The very first track that I raced on @#$ years ago, was exactly that, and it worked great.

The track owner started out with plastic, and kept adjusting it until he was happy with the design, then progressively converted it to timber over a few months.

It can be done.

:D

Steve K.

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to rout a track. I have no idea how to do it so severe dumbing down will be required. Is the a website that explains it?

Also, slotbaker, how long is "@#$ years ago". Is that a number bleeped out or a word ? :D

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

DAVENIC,

This site has a lot of good info on building tracks, cars, etc.

There are others, but how many do you need?

This one covers everything pretty well.

"@#$ years ago" refers to about 1964.

I wish you didn't make me do that! :(

No wuckers though, I'm going through my 2nd, or is that 3rd, childhood.

:D

Steve K.