I haven't posted much lately but I thought you guys might appreciate Jack Brabham in his BT7. I started with a Supershells Brabham and modified it slightly.

beach021.jpg

I used a mini motor so that I could put in a full cockpit.

beach024.jpg

I used BWA's wonderful chassis bits as the starting piont for the chassis which makes it surprisingly easy to build. I attached the lower suspension directly to the chassis and the upper suspension is attached to the car.

beach028.jpg

I hope you guys like it.

Edited by jhardy33

Very nice Jay,

I have a Classic BT7 here ans have been putting off building it for all sorts of reasons,but now I've seen yours its given me the necessary push to get it out and do it.

Nice work(as always)

terry

Nice work Jay...Shame I won't get to drive this one............. :), but as compensation I've got your other two to play with....

Regards

Alan

Thanks for the comments guys.

Slotbaker, I haven't actually had it on the track yet, my track is awaiting a rebuild, but I've got a BRM that has an identical chassis and while it's not as fast on the straights as the scaleys it's much easier to drive through the corners which should help even it out a bit.

It looks great. I'm in the middle of building one of these for a UK Retro meeting but using the Scaley bike motor. I hope it looks something near as good as yours.

Cheers,

John

Thanks for the comments Alan and John! I wish I had more time to work on these.

Alan, the gearbox is from a Lola T70 mounted to a homemade bracket to mount on the chassis. I've sent you a PM about it.

John, keep us posted on your build and post photos.