Hard Body Aussie Cars In 1/32 Scale

BMR

This is a blaintent plug but its a good product.

Got to drive a couple of new cars recently. The boys at MJK are making a new 1/32 scale kit .

Early model Aussie cars with a hard body and a new chassis with all new alloy wheels.

Very nice detail on the body , its all one piece from bumper to bumper so nothing can fall off , the window glass is one piece and fits nice and snug to. The bodies will come in a few colours but can be painted if you like. there is a new MJK chassis that is adjustable and can be sidewinder or inline and new alloy rims to suit the early type bodies - smaller rims and tyres.

I had the chance to drive a couple of prototypes

FJ Holden (inline mounted motor)

EH Holden (sidewinder mounted ) same chassis with the same rims / tyres both handled very nicely and were very even in performance. If I had to favour one it would be the sidewinder but the inline offers the opportunity to use wider tyres on the back and still be inside the body.

The smaller rims and tyres will be great for other cars that often can't use a normal MJK alloy rim on the front or back because of size limits on width and height within the body.

I must say here I know the MJK boys, but I must also say I do call it as I see it , these chassis and bodies are nice and work well on a track , tried and tested. They are still tooling up for bulk production but shouldn't take long , the MJK web site is a bit so so for details but they say "no time to alter it - too busy" New site is in the works.

Bodies in the works Monaro HT GTS 350 , Ford XY GTHO , Charger 6 pack E49

yank tank stockers 1960s

Edited by BMR

I have a small tidbit of information regarding something very promising on this front for 2008. No information on which year but something from the only company to have shown interest in aussie cars.

It looks like you may yet eat your words Rick but I am sure you won't mind. :(

Wow two in one day ....... looking good!

So how do you take your words Rick ...... plain or with a little salt & pepper :D :D :D :D :D

Gary

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I have a small tidbit of information regarding something very promising on this front for 2008. No information on which year but something from the only company to have shown interest in aussie cars.

It looks like you may yet eat your words Rick but I am sure you won't mind. :(

Wow two in one day ....... looking good!

So how do you take your words Rick ...... plain or with a little salt & pepper :D :D :D :D :D

Gary

Hey Rick there are lot of the first edition Scalextric Bob Jane Camaros are sitting on collectors shelves in the USA . At first the US people probably thought,

"Who the hell is Bob Jane" , then the switched on types that spot a limited number edition of something went out and bought those Bob Jane first edition slot cars there value is going up on Ebay , There are plenty of buyers out there for slot cars and plenty of them just leave them on a shelf.

Im sure the marketing people at Scalextric would look at Aussie cars and consider making them so to have the petition going it may just spark something.

On a similar note - there is a growing interest in the US for our home grown stuff (REAL CARS ) not models ! They are buying our stuff because of the limited numbers built. My brother has a mate in Sydney that has sent a couple of Charger to the US and a HQ coupe and he has heard of a few XB Fords that went over ( They must like Mad Max cars still ) These cars are going crazy , the values are off the planet so why wouldn't a smart rich investor from the US buy them? Although $500,000 plus for a four door car with a few Mustang bits in it is a bit rich even if you are a Ford lover. If anyone told me two years ago a GT Falcon would get that kind of money I would have rolled around laughing but collectors are collectors and some out there are making lots of money.

To a car collector Aussie made RT Chargers , Monaros and GT Falcons were built in very small production numbers compared to the US muscle cars so as always if its rare or the numbers of cars left unmolested are dwindling the value goes up. To me the interest that the Yanks have in our Aussie cars is growing - maybe they would like Aussie cars on there collectors shelves ? Maybe the thread with the petition could be introduced to another forum over in the US - even if only 1% of the slot car people in the US signed the petition. How many names would be on it ?

Gazza and Vinno,

If Southern models is releasing under licence from Scaly any late 60s early 70s touring cars well done to them. Obviously the 100 odd signatures on the petition did the trick. I didnt think that 100 signatures would have been enough to sway any serious businessman to invest the money needed to get it off the ground. I didnt even know it had been posted in, when did this happen? Well done to whoever posted it in. Dont get me wrong I love that era and obviously someone is willing to part with 50-100k and take a punt on selling enough of them to recoup costs. I got no problem with being wrong and am already waiting in line for my John Goss 73 and 74 XA Hardtops.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

Gazza and Vinno,

If Southern models is releasing under licence from Scaly any late 60s early 70s touring cars well done to them. Obviously the 100 odd signatures on the petition did the trick. I didnt think that 100 signatures would have been enough to sway any serious businessman to invest the money needed to get it off the ground. I didnt even know it had been posted in, when did this happen? Well done to whoever posted it in. Dont get me wrong I love that era and obviously someone is willing to part with 50-100k and take a punt on selling enough of them to recoup costs. I got no problem with being wrong and am already waiting in line for my John Goss 73 and 74 XA Hardtops.

cheers

rick1776

Honestly I doubt the 100 signatures had much to do with it as you obviously know. Knowone has posted it but I have a good source. The era could be anything from early 70's to mid 80's as nothing has been confirmed.

Any chance of pictures of the FJ and EH? What sort of money are MJK looking at for these cars?

RE: Aussie 1/32 scale bodies I will try to pin them MJK down on a price but as the carkits are still in the prototype stages I would guess that the MJK blokes are still working out the costs and from there they will work out a retail price.

I will try my best to get some photos from them of the EH and FJ Holdens.

RE: Southern models - they are an importer at Melrose Park Adelaide S.A. they have no influence on Scalextric they just import toys of all kinds and wholesale them to hobby shops in Adelaide.

Southern Models are an importer but the V8's are directly because of them and other people backing the fact that it was worth the chance. The same is happening again with the classic aussie race cars.

Saying that, the MJK bodies will sell very well. We have been discussing an Aussie Touring Car class to race and some Falcons, Chargers, Monaros etc would be great to have.

Southern Models are an importer but the V8's are directly because of them and other people backing the fact that it was worth the chance. The same is happening again with the classic aussie race cars.

Saying that, the MJK bodies will sell very well. We have been discussing an Aussie Touring Car class to race and some Falcons, Chargers, Monaros etc would be great to have.

Do you know of Sunset bodies ...He makes the HT GTS Monaro , gtho falcon and charger in 1/32 vacuum formed plastic , the SCSC people that race scratchbuilt on metal / scratchbuilt chassis use Sunset bodies , I have a rough Monaro body in orange it was the first off the origonal mold I made pictured, it got stuck but I painted it up and used it anyway. Sunset bodies can make one from my mold let me know Ask Imkoul for a photo of his early Monaro he got a body and painted it up quite nice , I think Imugford has one as well. The Monaro and GT are well raced as you can see they are a bit worse for wear now , I have no photo of the Charger but on the Sunset bodies site I think he may have all the bodies in pictures? not sure you could try the freewbs link on my web page he may still have it going

th_littlefjandcaravan.jpg

th_finishedmonaropluginyellow.jpg

th_IMG_0957.jpg

th_xygthomoffat32scale.jpg

Edited by BMR

mjk sent me 8 or 9 pics but i cant show them...

how do you view images that are on ur comp??

To view pictures on the comp ? You mean competition? Im not used to some of the terms for shortening stuff in forums or SMS , Sorry Im old :angry:

If it is to post pictures ..Go to paintbucket and join it (free) then load the photos from your computer onto Paintbucket make them as small in pixel size as you can - eg not 1mb of info as it will take ages for other people to view them if they are on dial up connection. I used the info that Hoffy has posted to get through the process of posting , easy to follow instructions ..

You don't need to make them small, Photobucket will resize the picture for you when it inserts it into this forum. That way your picture isn't too small or too big.

Paul

Cheers for that I have been resizing before I uploaded to P Bucket . I noticed that some other posts with pics take a while - not real long but Im used to a fast load speed (Im on broadband)

Have you tried any of the links to the LeMans race ? Found a good one at all ?

Awesome,

How do I get my hands on a couple of each, they are bloody awesome. Also does anyone have contact details for Sunset bodies as i would also like a Monaro and Charger.

Regards,

Tony

Hey Tony, Heres some info on sunset bodys.

Sunset Bodys Info & Contact

Goodluck on the monaro and charger,

Cheers,

Sam.

1x Australian National Champion

PhD/Associate Professor in Chemical Engineering for Slot Car Tyres

Are they remoulds of John Bacon glass bodies?

Phil

I think you will find Bacon flopped Sunset , I had a charger and a gt falcon when I was a kid - Bob made them back in the 70s I made the early model HT Monaro in 2005 and gave it to Sunset

Edited by BMR

I know that bacon had glass falcons about 5 years ago so may be they are from different sources.

Imkouwl: They look like vac forms to me!

Slotty123 The MJK list of bodies is only for 1/24 scale! Does any one know what 1/32 bodies Bob makes?

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

I know that bacon had glass falcons about 5 years ago so may be they are from different sources.

Imkouwl: They look like vac forms to me!

Slotty123 The MJK list of bodies is only for 1/24 scale! Does any one know what 1/32 bodies Bob makes?

Phil

Best bet is ask Bob direct - Bobslotcar Auslot forum name

Ive got a couple EH,s and FJ,s sitting on my shelf waiting to be finished also i sent one up to QLD to an Avid holden fan who shall remain nameless . here is a link to the post http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2468

Cheers Slider

PS. hey nameless one have you done anything with it or are you as slack as i am ? :o

Edited by Slider