Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007- Rnd 5

Vinno

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here i am hoping the results would be up.

Mr Magoo and myself raced in our club last night and the last thing he said was make sure you sms me the results as he has to work today.

Well i think the poor ol Magoo will be hanging out even longer now :rolleyes:

Sorry about the delay guy's .......... main computer s**t itself ....... on a loaner at the moment

Results from last night

1...Sports Racer 178.1

2...BeeJay 175.4

3...PeteN95 175.1

4...Phil Kalbfel 175

5...Devious Dave 174.9

6...Fangio 174.5

7...Chenglaw 172.6

8...OldSlot 172.5

9...DaisySlot 172

10..Terry Noe 171.5

11..McGoo 169.9

12..Steve Stewart 169.8

13..Hoffy 169

14..Lenny Broke 169

15..Son of Sidecar 166

16..Wet Coast 165.6

17..McGregor 163.9

18..Phoeneo 161.7

19..Hmcsat 160.9

20..Manic 160.6

21..Anthony 160.3

22..Sidecar Steve 159.7

23..Oswald 156

24..Rhyse Filbee 154.1

Gary

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Well well, congrats to Sports Racer, BeeJay, and Pete95 ... once again!

Clearly the class of the field, these guys.

Once again, WCR can only take pleasure in repeatedly clobbering Martin, who may never rise from the ashes ... bounce.gif

Edited by Wet Coast Racer

My thoughts on how the cars ran on my track. The undulations don't hurt the way the cars run as I have the rises in braking areas so the guide is diving into the track as it peaks the crests.

Devious videoed my races as well so I will talk to him about copies for those interested.

Sports Racer: I didn't find this car to be as fast as Beejay's but it was consistently fast and easier to drive.

BeeJay: Very fast with a lot of grip and powerful engine. You had to know my track well to be consistent with this car. I need some Ortman after tyres driving this.

PeteN95: Second quickest but not as forgiving as Sports Racers car. Great fun to drive.

Phil Kalbfel: Enjoyable car to drive but not the grip I was expecting. Consistency got him there though. Love the mesh screens on the intakes.

Devious Dave: Easy to drive hard all day. The front end hangs on and the back just steps out slightly but never out of control. A Slot.it motor would have mad this car a potential winner.

Fangio: Faster than it looks when running. Smooth and predictable.

Chenglaw: Just holden together but quite quick all the same. Slotters look to be fragile around the motor pod.

OldSlot: Doesn't have the grip of his buddy Devious but nice to drive.

DaisySlot: Fast with typical Fly 908 tail out driving style. Could catch you out sometimes.

Terry Noe: Another one of those cars that went faster as the heat went on. You could really push this car.

McGoo: No fuss and fast and smooth.

Steve Stewart: Similar to McGoo. The pointy end of the field is very tight.

Hoffy: Best Scaley GT40 I have driven non magnet. Maybe a bit hoppy at the limit.

Lenny Broke: Lacked grip but reasonbly fast. Seemed to get slower during the heat. Possibly tyre choice.

Son of Sidecar: Must have had the 427 engine in it. Fun but got a bit violent once the tyres ran for a minute or so. Could pop the guide out of the slot with tyre shake.

Wet Coast: Should have been at the front but for the lack of cornering grip. Very well set up all the same.

McGregor: Fly with Ninco hop but it hung in there all the same. Hard to be consistent due to this.

Phoeneo: No power for a Slot.it. Handled well enough though.

Hmcsat: Grip seemed to be the issue here. May go better in Tassie but then again our tracks are now similar to theirs.

Manic: Not enough grunt but went OK.

Anthony: If only Devious Dave didn't own all the remaining sprung guides on earth. This car could fly with a better guide. Was fast but would deslot when not expected.

Sidecar Steve: Not enough power. Maybe running on 10 volts is hurting some of the cars at this end of the field. Was smooth though.

Oswald: Felt like it was binding. Got slower as the heat went on.

Rhyse Filbee: Felt like it had an NC1. Not bad to drive just too underpowered.

Congrats to Paul for another win

Congrats to SR, BeeJay and Pete - almost a repeat of the Round 4 results. :nice: With me repeating 7th place again which is better than I had hoped for with the fracture sustained during Round 3. This is the halfway mark and I'm wondering if the Lola will be able to last the distance. :( Vinno, would it help to add some epoxy to fill up the crack and prevent it from opening up further? :angry:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Hey guys, whoever organises this thing.

Once you decide on cars/rules ofr the next one, it would be good to get info to our club hbmrc@burmac.co.nz

If we could put a car in from one of our better builders [read this as "not me"], we'd start learning some stuff, and find out exactly how far off the pace of international guys we are.

Edited by SlotsNZ

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol: