Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007- Rnd 5

Vinno

Qualifying was run this afternoon on my Emu Park Track. We ran the cars with 3 drivers, Devious Dave on Blue Lane, Myself on White lane and Boslot on Red lane.

Emu Park minus the Emu's

newemupark14.jpg

newemupark15.jpg

newemupark17.jpg

Gazza ran the timing and watched the V8's. I will add some updated track pictures so you can get an idea of whee your car is racing.

There were some cars with the same fastest lap so I went to the second fastest lap so I could place those cars. The finishing order for qualifying is as follows:

1 Beejay

2 Sports Racer

3 Fangio

4 Steve Stewart

5 Chenglaw

6 Son of Sidecar

7 Phil Kalbfelp

8 PeteN95

9 Hoffy

10 Terry Noe

11 Devious Dave

12 Old Slot

13 Daisey Slot

14 Mr Magoo

15 Lenny Broke

16 Macgregor

17 Rhys Filbee

18 Side Car Steve

19 Manic 35

20 Hmcsat

21 Wet Coast

22 Anthony

23 Phoeno

24 Oswald

Here is the rundown of the fastest laps on each lane:

rnd5qual.jpg

Vince, I did a reformat of your qualifying table to make it a bit easier to read.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great way to spend the afternoon with no real surprises. I vacuumed the track before running to make sure the slots were still all clear and the surface was clean. A bit of stuffing around until we decided on how we would run the qualifying but in the end we went for all three drivers running together so it did not take as long.

We ran twenty lap heats and waited for some clear track to get a feel for the cars. The were no surprises in the general order of the runners but I think my track surface was kinder than the Ferrodore with flat clear of Bo's track and kept the field closer.

Beejay's car was again the leader in the lap times but Sports Racer was again not far away. Chenglaw your car is still up there and should again do well. Wet Coast was surprisingly further back due to little grip which was a pity as it was better presented than its position.

Phil Kalbfelp will figure closer in the race as his car was consistent and not far off the pace.

Looking forward to running the race next week.

Vince, how do these times compare against your cars?

I have run my Slot.it 312 Ferrari in the 3.7 second range but 3.8 to 3.9 for a first run is every bit as quick in reality. You can't really go any faster anyway as the cars tend to deslot on the undulations if you go too quickly.

Interesting technical track. Seems more suited to heavy cars with moderately fast motors. I think the hotter motored cars will be in trouble here. Looks like my light little Lola managed to acquit itself quite well due to its fairly tame motor. :lol: BeeJay and SR have the right cars and looks like they'll be repeating the Round 4 scenario again. B)

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Hi Steve k here (The one in Adelaide) I raced these cars at Hoffys and Imugfords a few weeks back.

I like your track , the ups and downs make it nicer to drive in my opinion that the often seen flat tracks , it changes how you run into corners depending on an up hill entrance or down hill entrance to the corner . Are your lanes cut free hand ? Not jigged at 100mm all the way around I mean. My track has freestyle cut lanes at one end that leed into a sweeping corner from a long straight and by free hand cutting I could splay the lanes to give the cars more room to slide side by side in the corner. the spacing got out to 140mm between lanes , so theres plenty of room.

Im intending to get my act together early for the next proxy race season and enter a car and if theres room I would like to nominate my track for a race night with the proxy cars.

Thanks for the Qualifying results Vince

I hope you didn't mind but I took the liberty of reformatting the lap time chart.

It's nice to see a picture of the team broke entry being driven by your resident Ferrari Fanatic. Does he consider himself tifosi??

Your track has a touch of Catalina Park about for me with those elevation changes and the swoop under the bridge.

I looks like the 250 lm isn't all that happy there though I think the weight of the body shell may be having an effect on the handling there.

looking forward to next Saturday or friday, which ever.

has anybody noticed the fangio T70 starting to come into contention now. Here in Adelaide it had similar problems to Beejay's with the wheel chatter under acceleration. It doesn't seem to be a problem in Sydney.

Alan

Steve K

The whole track is routed following a plastic strip. No straight lines or constant radius curves. I can only run one direction as the corners are routed with a racing style line.

Phil

The time difference between you and Sports is only small and your car is consistent. So is his though.

Alan

I was surprised with your cars performance as weight is not an issue here. I thought it would be further up the field.

Steve S

Your car was nice and smooth. Should figure up in the field.

Steve K

Alan

I was surprised with your cars performance as weight is not an issue here. I thought it would be further up the field.

Thanks Vince Yeah I don't think the overall weight is the problem either just where it is placed. the body shell weights about 25 grams which means that nearly 25% of the cars weight is up high in the chassis, making for a high COG so it doesn't like changing direction too well.

anyway looking forward to see if it can move up a bit

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Phil

The time difference between you and Sports is only small and your car is consistent. So is his though.

Don't worry Phil, there's still the Tassie rounds to come. That's where your car starts to kick some serious butt and mine goes backwards. I need to build up a sizable lead to be in contention by the end of the series.

May the downforce be with you.

Don't worry Phil, there's still the Tassie rounds to come. That's where your car starts to kick some serious butt

Yeah, Phil, I don't think any of our cars have the setup to beat yours on the Tassie tracks. :o Certainly not my overly light Lola. ;) It really looks like the remaining rounds will be a slugfest among the heavyweights. :blink: Hopefully the Lola can benefit a little from the fallout and sneak in the odd podium. :lol:

Lim

Yeah, I would have thought so too. But I'm used to building light cars from my 60's days and old habits die hard... :o:blink: And I thought 5 gms of lead was sufficient to weigh down the Lola with the mild motor I was using. :lol: Oh well, not going to cry over spilt milk now. ;)

Lim

Hi Guys

I don't think there will be as much of an advantage for Phil at home this year especially if he is using "Bocoat" on the new track he is building. I built my car partially with the Tassie tracks in mind but I don't think it will be much good especially now with how it is performing.

Cheers Alan

Last year my Mosler was so far ahead of the other cars,and the other Tassie cars were also well ahead of the field but this year I think the field will be a lot closer.

Most of last years cars were just too light for our tracks,or had rear tyres not glued on,this year many are similar in weight to my car and i think most of the tyres are now glued on.

Phil