Can Your Challenger Drive Like This?

drummer

I will be presenting a punch by punch saga about my experiences with my 2 Challenger cars.

My track is a tight and fast layout based around 2 hairpins and by default Challenger wasnt able to go deep into the corners, braking far too early for my liking. It took a lot of experimentation (too much it turns out!) resulting in the purchase of a second car.

For the moment here is a little teaser... Quicktime video (976k).

Here it is View the Challenger Video

And a direct link for download...

Video file

1) Great video.

2) Can you beat that thing? If you can using a standard Scalex car, I ain't racing you ..... :)

3) Great 1st post, drummer. Welcome

Cheers

bump

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Thanks Bump;

Well yeah... I can, but not every time! Find a good, fast Scalextric Mini will do it, the short length makes it a little easier to get thru between crossovers. But you've really got to commit and take a deep breath or you're buggered.

The previous Challenger was another half a second a lap faster!!!

But had to add multiple magnets to keep it on and nope(!) you couldnt pass it! ( ran 0.25 sec faster than my best Fly lap!).

drummer offered me a dollar if I could beat it!

I reckon I could pass it, but it wouldn't be pretty (drummer knows what I mean)

Only other problem would be holding my breath for the remainder of the 25 laps :)

Cheers for now

Roland

Drummer

Great news, I've been trying to find ways to improve the performance!

Also i noticed that Hornby are about to release the merc DTM's as a kit, another cheap way of replacing the Pace Car body with a racing one.

Also have u found a way to get the Challenger to keep the guide in place as this seems to be the source of all the trouble, it falls out much too easy and if its not sitting back in perfectly has problems with leaving the track or just driving slowly.

Still loading the video, good work!

Was :P

Drummer

Great news, I've been trying to find ways to improve the performance!

Also i noticed that Hornby are about to release the merc DTM's as a kit, another cheap way of replacing the Pace Car body with a racing one.

Also have u found a way to get the Challenger to keep the guide in place as this seems to be the source of all the trouble, it falls out much too easy and if its not sitting back in perfectly has problems with leaving the track or just driving slowly.

Still loading the video, good work!

Was :D

The guide can be made to stay put by enlarging the gaps of the cross in the top of the guide itself, (if that makes sense).

Stick the tip of a flathead screwdriver into each of the 2 gaps and GENTLY pry apart a little, it doesnt need much to keep it in place.

It is important however for the guide to be able to dislodge in extreme circumstances or damage could result to the locating pin (above and in front of the guide).

Methinks i need pics. I'll include photos in my forthcoming saga, hopefully it wont be too long b4 i find the time.

Interestingly in my Version 1 Challenger I replaced the guide with a Fly guide and braid setup! (more on that story later)