Why Does The Tv Gets Lines On It When I Drive Cars.. ?

phoeno29

Tyre tracks?

no, it's RF interference. I don't know if your foxtel is satellite or cable, but it may simply be at a frequency less affected than some other channels, or have a stronger relative signal.

The old caps in scaley cars were meant to stop that. You may need to install a little attenuator, or simple caps or choke behind your meterboard to filter the RF and stop it backfeeding through your mains wiring.

Anyway, why is someone watching TV while you're racing? The wife and kids are supposed to be marshaling on demand!

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

We have fox on satellite but it works fine, it is just normal viewing of the other channels that is a problem through the coax antenna.

Its not too much of a problem at the moment, but as soon as Emma and Susannah are out of the Big Brother house, I will be returning to the track on Sunday nights.

Edited by phoeno29

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Tyre tracks?

no, it's RF interference. I don't know if your foxtel is satellite or cable, but it may simply be at a frequency less affected than some other channels, or have a stronger relative signal.

The old caps in scaley cars were meant to stop that. You may need to install a little attenuator, or simple caps or choke behind your meterboard to filter the RF and stop it backfeeding through your mains wiring.

Anyway, why is someone watching TV while you're racing? The wife and kids are supposed to be marshaling on demand!

YOU'VE GOT TO BE F...EN JOKING DONT YOU.... :ph34r:

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Same thing that occurs when the missus is in the kitchen using the mixer or in the bathroom using the hairdryer.........every time you are trying to watch the v8's on telly, the lines are caused by the electrical interferance being drawn from the track.....I use to think the missus had a secret switch that she flicked to stop me watching telly and drinking beer(scratches belly and adjusts one self)........lol .........but she didnt its all power and current related :ph34r:

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

Phoeno, it really IS as simple as Magoo just said. same thing.

The cure is to supress it.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I remember Peter at Mobile Raceways telling me about this, his wife was going crazy because of it and he said the only way to get around it was to encase himself and track in a lead room? (that may be old fasioned?)

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

TV is jealous!!!!!

:ph34r::):)

Pheono - I seem to remember when I was a kid Scaley were advertising that their cars would no longer blur the telly. I think they put a capacitor of something between the wires to act as a suppresor..

It's something to do with the pokey inny bits in the motor popping over the empty space between the sheety things on the spinny army bit. I think it produces a click across the radio frequncy used by the telly should the capacitor not be there which is why ot effects free to air (radio) and not the Pay TV (magic wires).

I thought it was air borne rather than through your wiring 'cause I used to get thumps on the wall if I was playing and the neighbours were watching telly. Then again we had a semi so who knows how it was wired - a common earth perhaps? (he guessed)

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

capacitor?? whats that.....car goes faster without them, now watch all the complaints from her indoors :lol: when i have a car open and a soldering iron on they come out, four so far have had the treatment , plus with a few upgraded motors those little orange thingies are slowly becoming a thing of the past.......guess ill have to get sky satelite/cable back on when i get home, then ill have some proper tv to watch rather than Big BOGAN.........such as ALL BLACKS Vs england in the final of the world cup.........great, some proper sports to watch :)

dont worry about "fighting back" fellas this is my last post for 2 weeks going on holiday......... :) and we will see what happens when it happens, nothing i would like more than to see new zealand beat aussie in the final!