Sign in to follow this  
Roland

A Bit Of Fun With Artin's Lambo Diablo

lambopit.JPG

Upon Slot Shop announcing additional sponsorship, the team replaced the wheel/tyre package as well as fitting the new lowered suspension package.

The driver commented he was looking forward to a strong performance once the car was sorted for the soon to be confirmed Artin Class of racing...

:)

Cheers for now

Roland

I also had a bit of fun with my artins this weekend

Here is my first attempt at a repaint I needed a green car for my green lane

First strip down to shell

Repaint1.jpg

Then paint and reassemble

Repaint2.jpg

Heres how it turned out

Repaintfin.jpgRepaint3.jpg

and once the word got around I had them lined up in the paint shop waiting for custom sprayjobs

undercoat.jpg

Theres somthing fun about starting out with an ordinary car that is cheap enough to have a go without worrying about stuffing it up

try grabbing a couple from roland and havin a go I've been talking with him about an artin class that would allow inexpensive mods and should be good for those of you who like to tune your cars

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Just a Tad :)

For those interested I have Artin Saleen's, Lola B98 Longtail's and Lamborghini Diablo's coming by the end of this month. They'll be $30 each!

Just scroll down my latest news page for pics.

Click here and scroll down to see Artin 1/32 cars

RePete and I are still working on the class guidelines, but so far we have firmed up that the motors will be stock, wheels, tryes, gears and axles open.

The Lambo pictured above would come in under $50 with the Carrera wheels and tyres taken into account.

Artin 1/32 cars are very solid/heavy, with very mild low mounted motors and a very mild ceramic magnet just behind the inline motor.

The above mentioned cars unfortunately come with (pictured/removed) F1 style wheels and tyres (very soft and grippy tho) perhaps you can use those elswhere.

The motor is almost mid mounted due to a longer pinion shaft.

The pace of an Artin car is similiar to a SCX car with it's magnet removed...

As with any well match cars raced against each other these cars are heaps of fun as the pace is very realistic if slidings your thing that's available on tap!

:D

Cheers for now

Roland

I like the look of the Diablo with some more realistic wheels. Sounds like a good idea for another race category Roland.

We will have to try and keep different dates for our races so we can come along too.

Howdy Vinno,

yeah I was pleasantly surprised with the final look...

Yep, sure will aim to avoid clashes with other racing.

:P

Cheers for now

Roland