Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007 - Rd4

boslot

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No internet in Bo's garage or mine so you will have to wait a touch for results. Should be able to give provisional results once we get home unless Bo does it once we go.

Looking forward to driving some differently set up cars to mine.

Just came home from a good nights racing. I won't give away the results until they are official but suffice it to say that Sportsracer, Beejay and TerryNoe are on the podium. PeteN and PhilK are up the pointy end as well and the rest of you guys will have to wait and see.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

These are unofficial places and laps from a night of very close racing. Official results should be out in the next day or so, Bo needs his beauty sleep after hosting this round.

1 Sports Racer 151.1

2 Beejay 150.6

3 Terry Noe 147.5

4 PeteN95 146.6

5 Phil Kabfell 146.3

6 Fangio 146.0

7 Chenglaw 144.3

8 Steve Stewart 144.2

8 Old Slot 144.2

10 Son of Sidecar 144.0

11 Hoffy 143.2

12 Devious Dave 142.9

13 MrMagoo 141.7

14 Hmcsat 140.4

15 McGregor 140.0

16 Daisy Slots 138.7

17 Antony 137.3

18 Phoeneo 134.6

19 Lenny Broke 134.5

20 Sidecar Steve 133.8

21 Wet Coast 133.4

22 Oswald 132.5

23 Rhys Filbee 132.4

24 Manic 118.2

It went down to the wire with the last heat being the decider. Devious filmed the night's racing and I recommend you get a copy of the DVD to see just how close it was.

Thanks to Jamie, Vinno, Bo and Joe for the driving, Gazza for the timekeeping, Charlie for the spreadsheet, Al, Craig and Dave for the marshalling + the guy no-one introduced me to.

A great night was had by all. Roll on the next round at Vinno's in two weeks.

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

WELLLLLLL

Looks like some tight bunching... I want to know who threw that lap of mine, that made the difference between 11th & 8th..come on who was it? :lol:

Good stuff guys & thanks for the results. I hope you guys had as much fun as we did with the cars.

PS, Bo, Do you mind if I link off your photos for the website? & if you have anything else, please PM me

Cheers

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

+ the guy no-one introduced me to.

Cheers

Paul

No one introduced you to me either Paul (guess you were the one that arrived halfway through the night?) . My apologies for not introducing myself (Mel).

Being a fill in trainer during the week and standing on concrete most of the time the 'ole knee got the better of me last night and need to leave before the end to get some pain killers into me.

Congratulations on your win.

Must say I was very impressed with most of the cars especially those performing well at the pointy end.

No doubt cars perform differently on other tracks and surfaces.

I was very impressed with the 4 drivers, they acted like they were playing for sheep stations but that said a little short :lol::) with the marshals when they felt short changed.

First time I had seen this track. Very nice BO, and well done for last night.

@Hoffy "I want to know who threw that lap of mine, that made the difference between 11th & 8th..come on who was it? "

Think it was the positioning (aero dynamics) of the lane colour tape Gazza put on your car. Or was it Gazza's flash light on his camera that blinded your driver? :):lol:

As usual - good pics Gaz

FS

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Was a fun night driving the cars. Some of the problems we faced were bits of debris from the previous rounds falling out of the cars onto the track. Next lap around there was no grip and you were off. It was a challenge driving so many cars set up so differently and it looks like it shows with some cars.

Sorry Beejay you may have won this except I had your car first and the track was still a bit green.

Some cars I recall were.

Beejay: Very quick but a touch skatey early on. I should have been faster with this car but it the power band of the car was in the wrong position on my controller. Through the esses the car was either too slow or sideways loosing time. I think it will be different on my track.

Sports Racer: This car felt skatey early but got faster through the race. I found I could go quicker all through the heat which pressured Jamie into an off. Was the fastest by 3 tenths on my lane. Typical Joe setup car.

Devious Dave and Oldslot: Almost identical. Nice grip with the right amount of slide to go quickly without loosing time. Easiest cars to drive for me.

Mr Magoo: Second biggest distance for me. More than anything it was smooth and easy to drive.

Phil Kalbfell: Nice to drive a real scratchbuilt. Easy and smooth to drive.

Manic: Sorry Matt but the grip is down.

Macgregor: I don't know how you dialed in the Ninco hop in a Fly but it was still surprisingly fast.

Phoeno: Smooth and consistent but just a touch short in the wheelbase. Your car seems to be like an inchworm with the rear of the chassis able to lift and drop.

Steve Stewart: Smooth and another of the better performers for me. With the very loose cradle in the rear you can feel the back end walking but it enhances the grip. Typical SS quality car.

I noticed some of the tyres are quite sharp on the edges now. This is causing unpredictable slides. Be interesting to see how the tyres are lasting after Sydney. Thankfully our tracks are lower grip than previous and not causing the tyre wear of previous.

My round will be Friday the 15th of June owing to the next round of our race group next Friday/Saturday.

I will be qualifying the cars next Sunday the 10th or as we have a long weekend. Looking forward to it.

Hi Guys

It looks like you had a good night last night

Well done to Sports racer finally the bride rather than the brides maid!!

and great to see beejay on the podium too. Good onya Alan

and good to see terry noe up the too

On a personal note I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the result for team broke. I'm curious to here some comments on my car.

Oh well!! onward to round 5 at Bo's now.

Bo or Vinno if you could send me the results spreadsheet I'll add them to the points tally and post the progressive points scores

Cheers Alan

Congratulations to Sports witha great in and now leads the points( Just). Thanks for you guys posting the pics and results early this morning. The shock of "Sports" win must have been too much for the Forum as it went off line not long after!

Thank to all the drivers involved and hope you all come back to drive next year.

Phil

Yet another well run DUPR round, great job guys!

Sure wish I knew what was wrong with my car though. :lol:

A bit taily so it struggled through the twists. This is the only track up here with this surface os better luck next round.

Alan I think you had a similar problem. My guess is that this surface is similar to the Tassie tracks.

Well done, guys, looks like my prediction that SR's car would be the one to watch on this track has come out spot on. Congrats to SR, Beejay and Terry. A refreshing change to the podium from the Adelaide rounds. I think my little Lola is beginning to feel the strain of trying to keep up with the bigger cars, so I don't expect it to figure too much in the results in the later rounds. :) Ah well, it was good while it lasted and there's always next year..... :lol:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Hi Guys

Official results for round 4 and progressive point scores are now posted in the roun by round thread

here's a linky

scroll down the page

round 4 results

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke