Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007 - Rd4

boslot

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well all the cars arrived this mornining and they will have there first shake down run at the Farm on saturday, we well see how they perform on the new BOCOAT surface.

Regards Bo

Well that's a relief!!!! I have been having images of the package lost in the system a la the GPR.

Looking forward to seeing how they go.

Bo, did the cars travel allright in the box, the way they were packed??

Cheers Alan

Well all the cars arrived this mornining and they will have there first shake down run at the Farm on saturday, we well see how they perform on the new BOCOAT surface.

Regards Bo

Well that's a relief!!!! I have been having images of the package lost in the system a la the GPR.

Looking forward to seeing how they go.

Bo, did the cars travel allright in the box, the way they were packed??

Cheers Alan

The box is in tack but I have not unpack them yet.

AS far as the surface goes I will take some close up pics of it the recode.

The track is 19 meters long and we run clock wise at 10 Volts.

Regards Bo

Thanks Phil. Just needed to know for future reference - like setting up a car for next year ;) Yeah, I know this year's not even half over yet, but nothing like planning ahead, is there? :unsure::rolleyes::lol: :lol:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Qualifying is over, here are the results

Blue lane was used and each car had 10 laps to recode it best time.

1st Beejay (UK) 5.99 This car was very fast and handle the corners just like one of my own slot cars which as done 5.95 great work Beejay

2nd Sport Racer 6.07 Well paul car is very smooth and easy to drive fast, that Joe's rear end works a treat.

(AUST) NSW

3rd Fangio 6.14 Great car, also very smooth and easy to drive.

(USA)

4TH Chenglaw 6.16 Nice little car the Slotter lola very fast, just a bit to light in total weight, (the lightest car in the field)

(MAL)

5TH Mr Magoo 6.30 Another fast Lola T70 fast,smooth,easy to drive

(AUST) SA

6TH Pete N95 6.34 Fast, just a bit taily but nice to drive

(USA)

7TH Hoffy 6.35 This Scalextric GT40 is a rocket ship, Great fun to drive and fast. look out for this car to finish well.

(AUST) SA

8TH Terry Noe 6.37 Again fast and easy to drive

(USA)

9TH Phil Kabfell 6.38 Easy to drive hard through the SSS & hirpin, nice looking car

(AUST) TAS

10TH Daisey Slots 6.40 Easy to drive fast, well set up car

(USA)

11TH Son of sidecar 6.41 This fly GT40 is one of my favourite slot cars

(AUST) VIC

12TH S.Stewart 6.42 Yet another well set up Lola T70, fast and smooth

(AUST) VIC

13THRhys Filbee 6.45 Very fast through the corners and easy to drive

(AUST) TAS

14THDevious Dave 6.53 Smooth and easy to drive just lacking in speed up hume straight

(AUST) NSW

15THLenny Broke 6.61 Nice Ferrari 250 LM it handles well through the SSS, easy to drive fast

(AUST) SA

16TH Old Slot 6.65 Smooth and easy to drive just lacking in speed.

(AUST) NSW

17TH Oswald 6.65 Well set up car, handles the circuit like treat

(AUST) SA

18TH Wet Coast R 6.66 Nice Porsche 908 runs well, easy to drive fast

(CDN)

19TH Antony 6.69 This scx Ferrari is one fast car, all it needs is a deeper guide and would have qualifyed much higher

(AUST)

20TH Mc Gregor 6.78 This car has a lot of rear wheel hop and its hard to get the power down out of the corners

(AUST) NSW

21TH Phoeneo 28 6.80 Handles well just lacking in speed

(QLD)

22TH Hmcsat 6.92 Goes well again lacking a lit speed

(AUST)

23TH Sidecar Steve 6.96 Smooth to drive just a bit slow

(AUST) VIC

24TH Manic 7.01 I like these 917 and its smooth to drive but lacking speed through corners

Well very close lap times, weight is a big factor with the lightest car at 77g to 109g.

Regards Bo

What.....we didn't have to hassle you for the results...you know its not 1 am in the morning?

Thanks for the rundown. Little Hoffy is feeling rather chuffed!

And not a sports racer in sight, may be he finally found a hobby :)

and how about Beejay from feather duster to Rooster in 1 round :)

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Well, this is a surprise. BeeJay in pole again and Sport Racer second again for the umpteenth time (don't you get tired of that?) with Fangio rising to the occasion as well. And "the Slotter lola very fast, just a bit to light in total weight, (the lightest car in the field)" taking fourth. Should be happy with that and hope it will do well enough in the race tomorrow. Good job, Bo, thanks.

Actually I think the race is on next friday, Lim

Alan

Ooops, must be getting old. :) This change in sequence from having Qualifying a day before race day to a week before is a little too much for this old noggin to take in. :):D :D

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Well, it's gone midnight. time to login and see if anyone is awake. Results already? Geez, not only do NSW have the fastest racers, we also have the fastest results.

Well done Bo, great to see you do so well with the Lola. I was worried it would be as slow as all my other cars, nice surprise this car is turning out to be.

Are these official qualifying times or just getting a feel for each car? Isn't the race next week?

And 2nd again!!!!! I think next year I'll have to build a quick car.

May the downforce be with you.

Woo hoo we're off again! Thanks for the qualifiying news so quick!

I was just checking out your track thread - brilliant looking circuit, there.

DSCF2843.jpg

18TH Wet Coast R 6.66 Nice Porsche 908 runs well, easy to drive fast

(CDN)

Please release the parking brake before the race ... bounce.gif

5TH Mr Magoo 6.30 Another fast Lola T70 fast,smooth,easy to drive

(AUST) SA

YOU BEAUTY .........ANOTHER TOP TEN........ :huh: .

great work guys the Magoo Masterpeice is still snappin at their heels, cant wait for this round, is my little girl getting home sick

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

More great Photos Bo

I'm just curious to the order of cars in pit lane. I assume that it is a random lineup.

It is interesting that two of the cars, Beejay and Fangio struggled with wheel hop here in Adelaide but are now on the front row of the grid.

track surface is obviously a factor here I reckon.

any way this round is going to be very interesting indeed.

My tip is keep and eye on a few of the mid fielders with the longer heat durations being a factor if the car is easy to drive particularly devious old brokes that can lap consistently and stay on.

Alan

Bo, what time does tomorrow night's racing start? Yeah, I know I can't make it until pretty late but I hope to be there in time to "help" marshal Phil's car. :lol:

Got the computer setup trackside so results can be posted after each heat? Now that would be pretty impressive........

May the downforce be with you.

Bo, what time does tomorrow night's racing start? Yeah, I know I can't make it until pretty late but I hope to be there in time to "help" marshal Phil's car. :lol:

Got the computer setup trackside so results can be posted after each heat? Now that would be pretty impressive........

Hi paul

The race is on tonight at 7.30 pm

Bo