Warwick Grove Raceway

triggy

@Eno the Wonderdog

Damn.. busted!!

What a great movie!!!! :DB)

Great track triggy, just sensational! ;)

I've looked at my Scaley guardrails and noticed they have a strip along the bottom edge where they sit into the borders.

Did you cut this piece off, and with the classic guardrails, are they the same?

(Just want to steal your guardrail technique, I reckon it looks too good! :blink: )

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great track triggy, just sensational! :blink:

I've looked at my Scaley guardrails and noticed they have a strip along the bottom edge where they sit into the borders.

Did you cut this piece off, and with the classic guardrails, are they the same?

(Just want to steal your guardrail technique, I reckon it looks too good! <_< )

knoath, I am not familiar with the general scaley guards but here are some pics of what I did with my classic guards. Yes, I cut off all the plastic supports then painted the rails separately. The 5mm x 5mm posts I got from my model shop, prepainted the long stick, cut it into lengths and hammered it into a slightly smaller hole drilled in the surface. I used a 32mm high "gauge" when I was hammerring it in tro stop it at the right height. After the rail was glued tothe post, I sprayed silver paint into a lid and brush painted the tops of the posts.

a9af3d98.jpg

82bbde12.jpg

bf24cf5e.jpg

Great clamps

84ecea98.jpg

Use neutral cure silicone to glue the rails to the posts. It is clear and sticks like s#!t to a blanket. Note the "weeds" around the post in the 2nd pic. They are "growing" around all the posts now.

Edited by triggy

Normal people worry me

Love the layout triggy. racing lines, elevations, scenery ! oh man, i think i just wet myself.

phoeno I really appreciate your comments. Coming from someone who I respect greatly for the quality of your tracks and web site ( where I have gained several tips, including my soon to be added grandstand crowd) means alot to me.

Can't wait til you give up the stick game and get back into slots full time!

NOTE: you can go for a 2hr walk in the morning and invest the green fees into slots and both your desires will be fullfilled <_<:blink: and we all will be winners.

Love your work also.

Triggy

Normal people worry me

From what Iv'e heard on this forum over the past months... my track will be overgrown and MDF will be on the banned list alongside asbestos by the time you get around to building your track :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

How bad is it that someone who has just joined already knows what Eno is like. Took me months to figure it out.......

Damn.. busted!! :lol:

Eno I only made the comment 'cause I knew you could take it. Love your humour through the serious bits. Keep it up.

Now get back to the shed and build that track!! :angry:<_<:blink:

Normal people worry me

From what Iv'e heard on this forum over the past months... my track will be overgrown and MDF will be on the banned list alongside asbestos by the time you get around to building your track :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

How bad is it that someone who has just joined already knows what Eno is like. Took me months to figure it out.......

Eno I only made the comment 'cause I knew you could take it. Love your humour through the serious bits. Keep it up.

Triggy - I'm very possibly the laziest man on the planet.. Ain't my shed - it's downstairs.. I talked MTWD into the fact I needed some space when we bought hte house..

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Triggy - I'm very possibly the laziest man on the planet.. Ain't my shed - it's downstairs.. I talked MTWD into the fact I needed some space when we bought hte house..

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Eno, Lazy shouldn't come into it when you have the inspiration of a fantastic, fast, sceneried track in your mind ready to be unleashed through those skillfull hands. That's what drove me, the fact I could drive on my own track any time I wanted to.

Get MTWD to read this Forum and see all the s#!t your copping then you might have a chance!

Now get back down stairs and build that track!! :angry:<_<:blink:

Normal people worry me

Eno, Lazy shouldn't come into it when you have the inspiration of a fantastic, fast, sceneried track in your mind ready to be unleashed through those skillfull hands. That's what drove me, the fact I could drive on my own track any time I wanted to.

Get MTWD to read this Forum and see all the s#!t your copping then you might have a chance!

Now get back down stairs and build that track!! :whip2: :chainsaw: :alcohol:

Normal people worry me

Love the track triggy,

I think it would be brilliant as digital , could be some great passing moves into the hair pin .

sax

sax I have never really got into the digital thing, old school I 'spose. But your right, when you design a track you are always intersted in getting the racing line when you set out the track perimeters, that is where digital comes into it's own. Not entirely possible with parallel lanes of course.

Normal people worry me

the beauty of being routed is you can place your lane changers anywhere or single lane it into the hair pin or racing lines through the esses , all this to come (hopefully) @ MPR

in the 2008,

give the new school a try , I know its not everyones cup of tea ,but the majority who have tried it never go back to analogue, it is that much fun ,a totally different racing experience in comparason to traditional slots

sax

Hey Triggy, extremely well done. It would have to be one of the best presented tracks I have seen on any of the forums I have visited, no joke :chainsaw: :alcohol:

Stu

Old racers race harder

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments Jonespeed

I have just finished building anew home and have a shed beckoning for me to include a similar project. Got yards to finish first then I'm in there!!

You better hurry up with the yards before the rains come... or have you already copped the bet wet this week?

If it is raining then you would have to work inside...... on the new track :lol: :lol: B):lol:

Where are you planning to put your grandstand on your track?

I already have 2 grandstands; the corporate 1 with the mirrored front, and the plebs ones on each side. Just have to reprint better crowd scenes to put in the side ones. I'm not into hommie figures etc around the track, personal choice.

Normal people worry me

hi triggy just spied your track and the first thing that came to mind was hooley dooley when are we going to be invited to play. All the time you have been playing down what a wonderful lay-out you have you are definatley on my list advisors for when i eventually get my track happening. Well done, :lol: bloody great

winning is so over-rated

hi triggy just spied your track and the first thing that came to mind was hooley dooley when are we going to be invited to play. All the time you have been playing down what a wonderful lay-out you have you are definatley on my list advisors for when i eventually get my track happening. Well done, :( bloody great

Thanks Dave.

You're more than welcome to come for a look and even do some laps. I haven't invited the boys around cause it is only a 2 laner and there is too much standing around waiting for your turn. It could get boring for some.

I would be more than happy to help you with any advice on your new track.

You have a PM

See you next Monday at Hoffy's

Triggy

Normal people worry me

• 1 year later...

Smashing track man, I am currently building one of my own and have got some nice ideas from yours, Thanks.

I do have one question if you don't mind, how did you get the lanes so parallel? I am struggling with the routing.

finally, what wood are you using, I have been trying to work particle board, but it's so rigid! whats you secret.

Cheers,

Struggletown.

Smashing track man, I am currently building one of my own and have got some nice ideas from yours, Thanks.

I do have one question if you don't mind, how did you get the lanes so parallel? I am struggling with the routing.

finally, what wood are you using, I have been trying to work particle board, but it's so rigid! whats you secret.

Cheers,

Struggletown.

Johsnon, thanks for looking.

I used 12 mm MDF, a lot better product to use than particle board for many reasons, (except the dust!) As Gref as said in your routing thread, you need radius arms ( from perspex, 3-6mm MDF, masonite etc) and straight edges to join the corners. Like Gref also said, go to oldslots site as he has a better " how to" than many of us could ever do.

All the best, as the final outcome should be very rewarding.

Triggy

Normal people worry me

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the interest guys and dragging up an old thread.

In 3 weeks time the track goes to another member in our club who has bought it off me. I am demolishing the shed/room and building a bigger one. I will then be building a new 4 laner ( hopefully around Christmas time) The scenery will be much the same as this one as I like the colors. Building them and doing the scenery is half the fun for me. And yes there will be plenty of pics of the new one during the build.

Normal people worry me

Building them and doing the scenery is half the fun for me.

I hear ya Triggy.

Look forward to the new track... just how big will the 'shed' be?

The shed ( read room) is 8.5mx 6m, but the area will be taken up by toilet, bar, workbench area, lounge and TV for teenage kids, then a little spot left for the new 4 laner ( approx 3.5 x 4.5 area I hope).

Normal people worry me