imugford

Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007 - Rd3

Magooo, you've done it again. Thanks for the comments

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Nice race Guys, once again the DUPR proves itself to be one of the best Proxy events around.

Congrats Lim...Well done Mate.... :) , Sports and Magoo....

Strange the 908's didn't do so well on this track, but that's what Proxy racing is all about.

Looking forward to Round 4.

Regards

Alan

Sydney should be a turn around for some cars. All the tracks have different surfaces so those of us who have done well on the tracks so far run (all Ferrador) might be in for a few surprises. Hope Phil's car does as well as I expect my car to handle the Tassie tracks. :whip2:

Thanks Magoo for a great write up. If I'd of known you were going to be adding posts at 4am (how keen is that!) I still would have slept through. :)

May the downforce be with you.

Thanks Magoo for the very interesting feedback - your 10,000000BAH on its way!! :o After reading the comments, I'm not sure how the Lola managed to snag first since some of the drivers found it unpredictable on the limit. :whip2: Either you guys must be really top-class drivers (which I don't doubt) to keep it on track or you found it wasn't necessary to push the Lola to the limit (which would surprise me, considering the competition). And I am surprised that it was very quick as it had only a standard 18k motor in it. :o I certainly expected Phil's McLaren to be a lot faster with its Slot.it 25k. Boy, that was a night of surprises, all right - not the least of which to me!! :) Well done to everyone!! :saber: Sorry I went to bed so early, Magoo - thought I was in a dream and wanted to continue it. :nice: Let's see what Round 4 turns up.

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Well done guys, a very well run race! Congrat to Chenglaw, Sportsracer, and Mr. McGoo and great job on the reports.

PeteN95

from the Northwest US of A!

Mr. Magoo,

Thanks for the feedback. Good or bad, its something all proxy racers like to hear. Awesome job with round three guys. I'm looking forward to more DUPR action.

Terry

Thanks to all involved and Congrats to LIM well done! Thanks to you guys that stayed up to give us the results instead of skulking off to bed,to try and get some beauty sleep ( he needs it). Great to see Bob part of this.

Sports: I went to bed after watching the V8's! (Like LB I need the beauty sleep!)

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

These are the UMOFFICIAL points after round 3 . I will leave it to Lenny to check and post the Official results after he recovers from his bust weekend. This should stop you guys pestering him, he need all the beauty sleep he can get!

gallery_89_329_74085.jpg

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Thanks for posting the unofficial standings, Phil. Looks like the win has hauled me up the table considerably although I still have quite some ways to go to get up to where you and SR are and I've got the likes of Dave, Lenny, Pete and Magoo snapping at my heels, not a very comfortable situation but that's what makes it fun, I guess. :o The next track in the series, Bo's New Warwick Farm, looks to be a fast flowing smooth circuit favouring a good handling car with lots of grunt, so it looks like the scales will be tipped in favour of SR. Me? I just hope my Lola won't be needing those fly swatters!:

Warwickfarm01.jpg

Lim

I hope that none of the cars need those fly swatters.

Now, Lim, does this make you more successful then the other famous motor sport export to come out of Malaysia? :o

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Now, Lim, does this make you more successful then the other famous motor sport export to come out of Malaysia? :o

The Proton?

May the downforce be with you.

Good on you guys. Great photo's and a great looking track. Congrat's to all the leading cars. Looks like the top 10 is still faily close and looking forward to putting the cars through their paces at Erskine Park.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

Thank you to all of you involved in running the round, congratulations to the front runners and especially well done Lim, first with an 18k engine and fairly stock car by by look of the specs. Thanks again to Magoo for the great feedback, somehow I think the SCX Ferrari is more a lame duck than a dark horse but thank you for your faith, I just pray it is not the blind sort. I find entering something different a lot of fun although I do struggle to understand why the car always seems to climb to around midfield in qualifying sessions and then slump to the back once more come race day. Ho hum.

Roll on round 4.

Now, Lim, does this make you more successful then the other famous motor sport export to come out of Malaysia? ;)

The Proton?

SR, I think Hoffy was referring to Alex Yoong, our ex-F1 (Minardi), current A1GP driver. And, no, Alex has won 2 A1 Sprint races and 1 A1 Feature race, which means he's won more races than me :P so can't say I'm more successful than him, can I? :lol: In any case, I can't get any publicity for winning a "toy car" race. :wub:

Lim

Not much to add that hasn't already been said - that was really well presented, and thanks to one and all. Great to see some pictures of the drivers as well as the cars.

BTW what does "bouncy" mean? :lol:

Not much to add that hasn't already been said - that was really well presented, and thanks to one and all. Great to see some pictures of the drivers as well as the cars.

BTW what does "bouncy" mean? :lol:

bouncy = when coming out of corners under full throttle the back end bounces around

BTW what does "bouncy" mean

You know when Pamela Anderson runs along the beach in Baywatch and her whole front end goes up and down........ your cars rear is just like that !

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Ah well my cars not as good as it could be - didn't have my track running to test on so just had to guess what to do. :wub:

Great reporting all round guys. :lol:

You guys in Adeliade have put on an excellent show of how to run proxy rounds. Pics and feedback allow all of us to share in the event.
So where are the Pamela Anderson bits? Slow Mo or Real Time. I need this to help me understand my car better. :lol:

Hi Guys

The official results and point scores have been posted over in the Results thread. The thread is locked so please make your comments here in the round3 thread.

To everyone who has passed on comments about the series so far, Thank you very much. I think the success can be put down the the enthusiasm shown by the Hosts and the Drivers. Hoffy has done an outstanding job in assisting me on the SA leg of the series, and his efforts on the web page have been outstanding. Thanks Hoffy :lol:

Also a thank-you to Kym & Jordan, and Imugford as well for bunging on an excellent couple of rounds. these guys have set the bar pretty high for the following round hosts.

And another thanks to the drivers. some of them did all three round so far and did it with a great deal of enthusiasm and patients when the nights got a bit late.

Their attitude was great with lots of laughs throughout. I think we may get some extra entries from Adelaide next year and some of these guys know how to build a car, so look out!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a few comments on the entrants now

to Lim, well done mate, that little Lola is certainly turning out to be the surprise packet ot the series so far.

Mr Magoo, you can't help but get caught up in his enthusiasm. he's having a great time on this series and his Lola is doing verry well for a "Proxy Rookie"

Antony, your car did extremely well this round and was a favourite with the drivers. A good result was only denied to you because of a lead wire coming out of the guide with less than a minute to go in the last heat. probably a top 5 position.

I don't quite get the facination with the Anderson girl She may do better in the Canadian series where her dow corning enhanced assets may be more welcome

To Phil, Thanks for the comments about how handsome I may not be. A bit of a relief to know you don't find me attractive actually :wub:

To Wet Coast, Don't worry too much about your run so far mate! I'm sure you'll be quite happy to return the favour to us on the CPR.

Any way enough waffle from me onward to the east coast for round 4

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke