Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007 - Rd3

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, where is Mr Magoo when I need him? All he has to do is to stuff Phil's & SR's cars into the chicken fencing and I'm sitting pretty! :redbounce: :mosh: :( :bluebounce: :clap:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Damn kids, won't let you sleep in. May as well log on and check how many hours until racing starts. 12 hours to go?

Chenglaw, your begging won't work. Mr Magoo has gone across to the dark side. Not only did he offer to help me with my car but he also predicted my car would be fastest in unofficial practice. And he's a fellow Lola builder, don't get much better than that. Bet you he's good looking too.

Can I go to sleep now?

May the downforce be with you.

Interesting that my son's GT40 and my Lola qualify so close when the only thing they have in common is the gearing and tyres (and my spannering).... even in the races so far they run close to each other yet mine is 20g heavier.

Matt is very happy that his car outqualified mine, nothing like a bit of intra family rivalry :D :rofl: :snipe:

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

Alan, going up and down like a Yo-Yo is only half the fun in a proxy race. The other half is seeing your car getting hammered by other cars which qualified way below yours. :snipe: Take heart, man, the race ain't over yet - the Fat Lady hasn't started singing! :D

Lim

Well, I could tell you the results...but I dont know them!! Due to the missus being away with offspring no.2, I have had baby sitting duties of offspring no.1. This doesn't mean that I could go for a visit to check out proceeding. I stayed for the first 8 cars & took a few snaps.

& who was leading at the time? Early days of course, but Beejay was in the top spot & Myself was second...but a long way to go.

Anyhow, to tide you over, here's a few shots:

_02.jpg

Grided up for the first race

_08.jpg

Proof that Beejays car does go!

_09.jpg

Beejay & hoffy on track

_10.jpg

Trying to take quick & candid shots of Lenny...didn't work, but hey..

_15.jpg

The dummy grid

_13.jpg

Magoo waiting for the lights

_18.jpg

Oswalds entry

_01.jpg

Oswald

_16.jpg

The second 4 on the grid

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Hi All

Well it's all done and dusted and the winner is......................................................... All I will say is that it will be a popular winner.

I'll leave Mr Mugford to fill you in on that I'm of to bed gotta be at the 1:1 racing at sparra's this morning

We finished about 12. 45 local time

we had some proxy novice drivers tonight and I think we gottem' hooked

Official results and pointscore will be posted Monday morning as I will be naquered by tommorow night.

See Ya

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Preliminary Results

(Lenny will post the final result in the next 48hrs)

Chenglaw - (Mal) 134.30

Sports Racer - (Aus) 133.10

Mr Magoo - (Aus, SA) 131.20

Phil Kablfell - (Aus, TAS) 131.00

Side Car Steve (Aust, VIC) 129.60

Devious Dave (Aust, NSW) 128.90

Lenny Broke - (Aus, SA) 128.70

Fangio (USA) 128.70

Old Slot (Aust, NSW) 128.70

PeteN95 - (USA) 128.30

Son Of Side Car (Aust, VIC) 128.00

McGregor (AUS) 127.20

BeeJay (UK) 126.20

Steve Stewart - (Aus) 126.20

Terry Noe - (USA) 122.70

HMCSAT - (Aus) 121.80

Daisey Slots - (USA) 121.80

Phoeneo28 - (Aus, QLD) 121.50

Hoffy - (Aus, SA) 121.30

Antony - (Aus) 119.80

Oswald - (Aus, SA) 119.30

Rhys Filbee - (Aus, TAS) 116.90

Manic35 - (Aus, QLD) 114.90

Wet Coast racer CDN 111.60

many thanks to my drivers tonight

Mr Magoo

Oswald

Kym (rd2 host)

Jordan (rd2 host)

Bob (sunset bodies)

Dennis

Steve

Gary

P5190001_001.JPG

you wouldn't have believed us if we told you that this was an accident

P5200004_001.JPG

from left to right

Mr Magoo (Adrian), Gary, Steve, Dennis, Jordan, Oswald (Leigh), Kym, Lenny Broke (Alan) and Bob.

P5200005_001.JPG

P5200006_001.JPG

Thanks to Hoffy for taking the time to come up for support!

Edited by imugford

3 races, 3 second places. What's that about being the bridesmaid............

C'mon Phil. Haven't you worked out the progressive pointscore yet?

And thanks guys, all of you, for putting up with our ramblings and putting on another great race. :)

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

Hooweee!!!!! How did that happen?!!! :o I was hoping for a podium finish but to be right at the pointy end is beyond all my expectations. :) Thanks guys for putting up a wonderful track and race and to all the drivers - you must have put in some real drives to get the little Lola to where it is. :nice: And congrats to SR and Phil for holding on to your overall lead. And SR, your turn will come ....... soon, I'm sure. :saber: And now I'm off to bed, if I can sleep, that is. :whip2:

Lim

OUTER LIMITS RACEWAY BY MR MAGOO

"OUTER LIMITS RACEWAY" is one almighty mother of a 4 lane ferrador track and is best described as 19 meters of slotcar track mastery, to Mr IMUGFORD you my good man should be very proud of what you have put together, SIMPLY AWESOME.

As Hoffy was only available for a limited amount of time tonight I have been asked to put together a review to disect the nights proceedings, (thanks to hoffy for the great photots)........

The first thing that must be noted is that all the results at present are not confirmed by race control and as such the listings of my cars results and findings are reflective of how in my opinion each car performed on the night, as predicted there were some upsets to our regular top 10 some of which can be explained and some that are a touch more puzzling, however here we go.

CHENGLAW - QUICK ENOUGH FOR THE ROUND WIN CONGRATULATIONS OLD SON....YOU OWE ME 10,000000BAH !!!!!......lol

THIS CAR WAS VERY QUICK BUT SOME FOUND IT UNPREDICTABLE ON THE LIMIT, HOOKED UP NICELY.

SPORTS RACER - VERY NICE, GREAT OVERALL PERFORMANCE (THE BRIDSEMAID AGAIN BUT A FIRST IS COMING)

MR MAGOO - "SLOT CAR PERFECTION" - ALL JOKES ASIDE THE MOST SURPRISED ON THIS RESULT WAS ME... THE CAR PERFORMED WELL AT OUTER LIMITS RACEWAY BECAUSE IT WAS PREDICTABLE ON THE LIMIT AND FAIRLY EASY TO DRIVE BY EXPERIENCED AND NOVICE DRIVERS...GO ME.

PHIL KABLFELL - AS ALWAYS THIS CAR HANDLED SUPERBLY AND WAS VERY FORGIVING ON THE LIMIT , THE ONLY REASON THIS CAR STRUGGLED "IF THAT IS THE WORD" WAS THAT IT FELT UNDERPOWERED FOR THE TRACK.....OTHERWISE PERFECT AS ALWAYS.

SIDE CAR STEVE - CAR FELT VERY NICE AND WAS EASY TO DRIVE ON THE LIMIT, PERFECTLY SUITED TO THIS RACE TRACK.

DEVIOUS DAVE - QUICK ALTHOUGH A LITTLE TAIL HAPPY AND UNPREDICTABLE AT TIMES.

LENNY BROKE - VERY NICE CAR TO DRIVE WITH GREAT HANDLING (donations of red spray paint can be posted to lenny at any time)- nothing a little 200 grit wet and dry wont fix.....lol

FANGIO - VERY QUICK CAR TONIGHT HOWEVER SOME FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO DRIVE ON THE LIMIT.

OLD SLOT - VERY FINE HANDLING CAR BUT LOST THE FRONT LEFT TYRE- A SHAME THIS CAR DESERVES TO DO WELL

PETEN95- SUPERB HANDLING MACHINE THAT SHOULD HAVE DONE BETTER THAN IT DID, PERHAPS A LITTLE TOO LIGHT...NOT SURE.

SON OF SIDE CAR - ONE OF THE MOST IMPROVED CARS OF THE NIGHT, QUICK BUT BOUNCY UNDER HARD ACCELERATION OUT OF CORNERS WHEN DRIVED AGGRESSIVELY.

MCGREGOR - STILL BOUNCY BUT A LITTLE BETTER TONIGHT, CAR TRIED TO TURN ITSELF INSIDE OUT WHEN ACCELERATING HARD.......STILL BELIEVE THIS CAR WILL IMPROVE WITH RACE DISTANCE..

STEVE STEWART (SRS)- HAD A CLOSE LOOK AT THIS CAR TONIGHT STEVE HAS EVEN PUT HIS NAME UNDER THE DRIVERS WINDOW, GREAT ATTENTION TO DETAIL MATE ...STALLED ON THE START LINE IN ONE SESSION WHICH HURT AN OVERALL BETTER RESULT, CAR SUITED THIS TRACK BUT MAY BE A LITTLE TOO LIGHT FOR THIS LEG OF THE SERIES....

TERRY NOE - GOOD HANDLING CAR BUT A LITTLE UNDER POWERED FOR THIS TRACK (MAYBE GEARING WAS ITS DOWNSIDE TONIGHT) - this is just a magoo observation (what would I know)

HMCSAT-NICE TO DRIVE BUT STRUGGLED WHEN PUSHED TO ITS LIMIT, GREAT PERFORMING CAR ...

PHOENO28 - THIS CAR WAS GOOD TO DRIVE AT OUTER LIMITS BUT TENDED TO BE A LITTLE TIPPY WHEN PUSHED HARD...

BEEJAY - ANOTHER NICE HANDLING CAR THAT WAS PUTTING POWER DOWN NICELY ALTHOUGH A LITTLE TAIL HAPPY AT TIMES...A COUPLE OF DRIVERS COMMENTED THAT THEY FELT THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST CARS OF THE NIGHT, SO IT DESERVED TO DO BETTER THAN IT DID..

ANTONY - MY LITTLE DARK HORSE...VERY SURPRISING PACKAGE, A GREATLY IMPROVED CAR OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF ROUNDS, NOBODY CAN BELIEVE HOW AN SCX POWERED CAR CAN BE SO COMPETATIVE IN THIS FIELD... GREAT JOB, THIS CAR WILL IMPROVE FURTHER..

DAISY SLOT- FAST BUT A LITTLE SLIDEY WHEN REALLY GOING FOR IT....LOVELY PRESENTED CAR.

HOFFY- CAR HAD REALLY GOOD SPEED BUT SOME FOUND IT A LITTLE TIPPY WHEN PUSHED, NOT SURE WHY AS THIS CAR HANDLES VERY WELL....FAST IN A STRAIGHT LINE..

OSWALD- LOVE THE LOOK OF THIS CAR AND IT DESERVED TO DO BETTER IT FELT QUICK AND IS DOING BETTER AND BETTER EACH ROUND, FELT A LITTLE TIPPY ON THE LIMIT.

RHYS FILBEE- VERY SLIPPERY TONIGHT FOR SOME REASON, COULD BE TYRES BUT NOT SO SURE WILL BE KEEN TO TRACK ITS PROGRESS NEXT ROUND, TOO DIFFICULT FOR MOST DRIVERS TO GET A GRIP ON AND TONIGHT COULD HAVE BEEN ENTERED IN A DRIFT COMP....

MANIC35- THIS CAR STRUGGLED TONIGHT AND FELT A LITTLE UNDERPOWERED, STILL CANT PUT MY FINGER ON IT AS THIS CAR HAS JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING RIGHT TO DO VERY WELL.....GRIP AND POWER WHERE ITS CONCERN TONIGHT..

WET COAST RACER- THIS CAR FELT OVERPOWERED TONIGHT AND STRUGGLED TO PUT POWER TO THE TRACK CLEANLY IT WAS VERY BOUNCY WHICH HURT AN OTHERWISE VERY GOOD CAR..

Outer limits raceway was another fantastic edition to this year proxy event and showed once again how important it is to find the balance between outright power and handling......the top 5 cars with the exception of that bloody Mc Laren were all Lolas so this body and chassis obviously suited the track well. Outer limits offers a blend of high speed and technical sections which tested both cars and drivers, I would like to thank IMUGFORD for the superb facility and a great night of racing from all the boys........the regular "FAST GUYS" were very quick on this circuit which sorted the men from the boys.....congratulations to all the competitors who have entered cars in this series you have all set an exceptionally high bench mark for next years series thankyou all for being a part of this wonderfull event....

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg