imugford

Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007 - Rd3

Beejay- chronic shudder under acceleration
Yeah but you don't understand - I have run his RAA cars for a couple of year on my track, and that's how they are. Frankly, it's a wonder he got his usual guide problems sorted out (probably had a word with Baden Powell or something).

By the way, aren't you lot supposed to be at work or something? :rolleyes:

Aren't you supposed to be asleep or something?

Didn't you know that today was a public holiday in Australia. (Isn't it guys)

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

My boss is looking over my shoulder saying something like "Do you want a permanent public holiday?"

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

Ok guys, we can stop all the fencing and get on with the racing. I, for one, have no problems with anyone's car getting fixed if it's not running properly as that is what would normally be done in owner present-on-site competition. Last year Phil changed the buggered motor in my Tassie Targa Lister Jag and it went much better after that. :lol: We are all in this in the spirit of friendly competition, so let's keep it that way. Having said that, I'm still waiting for some "friendly driver" to put Phil's and SR's cars into the goonies! :chainsaw: :rolleyes: :angel: :lol:

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Having said that, I'm still waiting for some "friendly driver" to put Phil's and SR's cars into the goonies! :angel: :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

Chenglaw I am your man, I may have done the least amount of laps at the valley of all drivers on the night.....but my god man I did them with style :lol:

I have my own driving criteria for saturday night................my car must be the quickest....

Did anyone notice that the mighty Mr Magoo picked the old sports racer as a top contender...just incase anyone forgot!!!!!!

(And I offered to set his car up for him) :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Anyone who has ever driven in a slot car race / meeting has learnt something whilst doing it JOHN if you remove your car from this series I will never talk to you again.....this is my first proxy aswell and I understand your frustrations but................take the bits onboard and build a car to kick ass next proxy series..........alternatively like me you could pay someone to build it for ya...........lol :chainsaw:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: bring on saturday....................the night of nights B)B)B)B)

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

I have managed to find the ultimate bribe for Lenny! all he wanted was a new body!

Phil

Oh Yeah?! Whose? Pam Anderson's? :lol: :lol: :lol: :haha:

Lim

I think we should get Wet Toast to fly down under and fix all the needy machines! He has a special tool he likes to use, an Oven!?! :haha: Here is the last one he fixed:

4792_1.JPG

PeteN95

from the Northwest US of A!

Lenny drove these times, we found that the cars fitted with softer tires like the NSR's went the quickest...

My 908/3 has NSR's. :haha:

Ah, no big deal, I don't car where it qualifies. Just drive it to a podium finish and make my weekend.

Terry

I have managed to find the ultimate bribe for Lenny! all he wanted was a new body!

Phil

Oh Yeah?! Whose? Pam Anderson's? :lol: :lol: :lol: :haha:

Well actually, now you mention it. If anyone has a Parma Womp Chev Monza vac form body floating around ,please let me know.

And to Lim

Of course, you do know that Silicon is banned on the down under proxy!!!!!!!!!

Edited by lenny broke

Phil

Oh Yeah?! Whose? Pam Anderson's? :lol: :lol: :lol::P

Well actually, now you mention it. If anyone has a Parma Womp Chev Monza vac form body floating around ,please let me know.

And to Lim

Of course, you do know that Silicon is banned on the down under proxy!!!!!!!!!

Not a problem! We'll get Phil to make a mould and a resin cast for you. :rofl: :P :dj: :P

Lim

Ohhh nooo, this is not some weird thing involving Jimmy Hendrix & a vase full of plaster o paris.

Walk away slowly everyone.....walk away.....

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

OK I think this would be a good time to get this thing back on track

Official practice should be getting under way about 19.30 CST and I will attempt to get the official qualifying times on line as soon as I am home from the track.

So no hanging around here making a nuisance of yourselves whining for the results.

Go and get yourselves a hobby will ya!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan

OK, SR, I'll keep you company here and harass Alan till he posts the results. :P:P

Lim

Wheres the chat room gone? We could have a big chat session....

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

OK guys Qualifying has been run

Qualifying

Driven By Ian on Green lane x1 min

Position Entrant Time

1 Phil Kablfell - (Aus, TAS) 6.282

2 Sports Racer - (Aus) 6.318

3 Chenglaw - (Mal) 6.497

4 Fangio (USA) 6.556

5 Steve Stewart - (Aus) 6.576

6 PeteN95 - (USA) 6.592

7 Devious Dave (Aust, NSW) 6.649

8 Rhys Filbee - (Aus, TAS) 6.667

9 Son Of Side Car (Aust, VIC) 6.702

10 Side Car Steve (Aust, VIC) 6.711

11 Mr Magoo - (Aus, SA) 6.727

12 Old Slot (Aust, NSW) 6.743

13 Terry Noe - (USA) 6.781

14 Lenny Broke - (Aus, SA) 6.802

15 Antony - (Aus) 6.817

16 McGregor (AUS) 6.839

17 Daisey Slots - (USA) 6.864

18 Oswald - (Aus, SA) 6.891

19 Phoeneo28 - (Aus, QLD) 6.929

20 HMCSAT - (Aus) 6.949

21 Hoffy - (Aus, SA) 6.964

22 Manic35 - (Aus, QLD) 7.110

23 Wet Coast racer CDN 7.116

24 BeeJay (UK) 7.135

Before all you guys start bitchin' about these times. Conditions in the shed were warmer due to a heater.

The 908's flunders didn't seem very happy on this track, the cars fitted with a softer tire (NSR) seemed to

handle better that the ones fitted varies slot.it tires.

racing starts 8pm South OZ time...

Love those grid photos imugford and there are some very interesting results in there behind the usual suspects, well done Phil, Sportsracer, Chenglaw and errr Fangio?. One thing I am starting to notice is that the fortunes of Ecurie Lentement's Ferrari 330 seem inevitably to flatter in qualifying and somehow are even more promising when lenny is driving the thing, it's always a different story come race time though, back to the tailenders from the heady heights of midfield but hey it's all part of the experience. Think I need to work on driving consistency with a tad more power next year and maybe pay alan to drive the whole series!!

what we got this all done REAL early and no ones here to see !! :mosh: except antony...

Edited by imugford