Jabob

What Would You Prefer To Have??

Hey im not sure what i would rather, (i used scotty's idea)

so could you guys share your opinion on which you would prefer;

FLY Ford Capri RS Turbo:

IMG_11011.jpg

or...

NSR Mosler MT900R

Gulf21.jpg

Thanks, any input would be good :rolleyes:

Edited by Jabob

The NSR Mosler is a great car BUT more suited to faster flowing tracks,it uses very small wheels and is designed to win races on the Italian tracks. If You are running on a short home track it is just not suited. One of our guys has one and it is fast but hard to drive on out short (under 20 meter) routed tracks. Would suit a small commercial type track. Of couse with a differet motor and chage in gearing it will be fast. The Fly racing Capri would suit the home track a bit better but may still be a bit over powered depending on what size you track is.

phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Hey im not sure what i would rather, (i used scotty's idea)

so could you guys share your opinion on which you would prefer;

FLY Ford Capri RS Turbo:

IMG_11011.jpg

or...

NSR Mosler MT900R

Gulf21.jpg

Thanks, any input would be good :rolleyes:

Dude - which is prettier..

(the orange one - the orange one..)

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

I agree the Fly Capri looks better however I do not believe that the pictured Jagermeifter Capri is a racing version from Fly.

The Racing Capri's have the smaller wheels and have a Evo 2 racing mounted in the rear. I think this version is standard being front mounted standard motor. Still a very sexy car

Charlie

I have a Fly Racing Capri bought in 2004 - plain orange coloured, no decals and over-powered by an EVO 2 motor and shod with lousy tyres. Completely at sea on Scaley Sport track. Not exactly a feasible proposition for home tracks, maybe on larger routed club tracks and properly weighted down. :rolleyes:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

As Charlie said, the Capri is the front motored standard version and not the racing car. I would go the Mosler simply because I don't an NSR and they are trick. Not to scale but would be fun to drive.

As Charlie said, the Capri is the front motored standard version and not the racing car. I would go the Mosler simply because I don't an NSR and they are trick. Not to scale but would be fun to drive.

Vinno - you want one? I hate it. It's plain white. I hate the look of it - it's just not right.

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

I would take it off your hands mate, if you really want to be done with it.

Vinno - you want one? I hate it. It's plain white. I hate the look of it - it's just not right.

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

I would take it off your hands mate, if you really want to be done with it.

Smallnails, Vinno wanted one first - you're the second cab off the rank if he doesn't want it for a fair tradey thing. I bought it then had a good look and I just wasn't as excited as I was when I got it.. The one I have was apparently a bit of a plain trial efforty initial realeasy sort of thing. Hooray says I & bought it. Erky says I when I saw a scale one. It's just yuck and hence not even ran at all..

I have a Fly Racing Capri bought in 2004 - plain orange coloured, no decals and over-powered by an EVO 2 motor and shod with lousy tyres. Completely at sea on Scaley Sport track. Not exactly a feasible proposition for home tracks, maybe on larger routed club tracks and properly weighted down

Chenglaw

The racing Capri should be an awesome car. For a while there it was the car to beat in our clubs Sports category. So much so that now the law makers have made it that if you want to run the racing Capri in the category it now has to be with a lower speck motor.

I have not tried the Capri on Sports but the stock Fly tyres worked well on Ninco track. On my old Artin track which should be similar to Sports the Fly tyres were not up to the job and I used to run silicones on the back and the Capri was every bit as quick as my best Slot It car. I have just tried the Capri on my new board track and as expected the Fly tyres are useless, too hard so I suggest if you want this baby to work change those rear tyres and a little weight and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Mate if you are still not a happy camper after that put it up for trade or sale on the board I am sure there would be more that a few guys jumping at the chance.

By the way there should be appropriate stickers in the box for the Capri some numbers and other goodies

Charlie

@Phil,

Im running scalextric sport digital, so yeah its quite a slippery surface, and the track is full of tight corners and the biggest straight would be probably 2.5 meters long maximum because i have a limited amount of space,

The board its on is 2.1 x 2.7 but hopefully soon our house will sell and i will be moving down to Acton (hobart suburb).

The land is like 2 acres and there will be a huge shed for all my slotcars and karts,

so then i wont be limited for space so i could build quite a big track well hopefully.

Thanks

Jake

Edited by Jabob

@Phil,

Im running scalextric sport digital, so yeah its quite a slippery surface, and the track is full of tight corners and the biggest straight would be probably 2.5 meters long maximum because i have a limited amount of space,

The board its on is 2.1 x 2.7 but hopefully soon our house will sell and i will be moving down to Acton (hobart suburb).

The land is like 2 acres and there will be a huge shed for all my slotcars and karts,

so then i wont be limited for space so i could build quite a big track well hopefully.

Thanks

Jake

Two sheds and a kart track around the outside.. and a shower block and external power for teh camping area so we can all visit.. <_<