Tek 32 Scenery Additions

Tileguy

I finally managed to plant a few tree's..I got nailed with a bout of Bursitis in the knees making working on the track tough to say the least........hopefully it will clear up soon!!

...Ive a long ways to go to detail this scene but heres a start...........this needs more ground clutter and a fence at the very least...I'm thinking a well weathered Post & Plank fence in front and A much taller Chainmail Fence directly behind it as if it were added much later to protect the fans & Perhaps the Squirrels LOL.

Heres a head on shot,,as you can see that big tree's top will actually end up behind the fascia once installed.....Its about 18" Tall

forestedarea005.jpg

A View from the Windshield

forestedarea009.jpg

And one from the rear view Mirror:

forestedarea003.jpg

Thanks Phil...........Scenery's not difficult, it just takes time thats all.........I am not taking the scenery on this track to the level of many, Ive a On30 model rr to build above the slot track that will recieve The more intense scenic treatment......Just by the very nature of a slot track you really have to try and restrain yourself from going too far!! (thats quite a bit less than what Ive already done to be truthful LOL )

Bill's Targa Track over on Slotforum Int is way over the top for a slot track build.............It does show what you can do however if you are more into the building then the actual racing........:)

I Thought i'd try to slip in a Ponderosa Pine to see if I liked it or not(sometimes called lodgepole Pine this is a tall staight tree with very few branches most of the way up the trunk.Telephone Poles often come from this type tree)

She was a tough fit bit I managed to get it in....;) we'll see if it grows on me :)

Ponderosa004.jpg

Ponderosa005.jpg

Closest I can give you to a full track picture would be the Room Plan

As you can see getting a full picture would be impossible...Best I can do would be 2 pictures facing the 2 directions.

I am not even CLOSE to having this completed...The Entire L end has Absolutlely NO scenery wortk done at all, Not even a Basic Base............It is coming up soon however LOL

I generally focus on area's based on what I feel like working on.........When I felt like working on track finish experiments (like painting & grouting in my track)

painted2.jpg

i picked the first set of corners.........Last couple weeks I felt like tree's so I picked my first of several forested area's............Remember, I'm in this for fun not to win a speed contest :rolleyes:

RacetrackBenchworkRoomlayout2.jpg

Racetrack1B.jpg

• 2 months later...

Got a chance to run some Hotlaps the other day..........was nice getting back up into the Slotroom.....Around here we get a Very short summer so its a very intense 16 weeks of getting in all of our outdoor activities from Gardenening to Fishing to family reunions to family vacations, very little time seems to be spent at home and much of that is spent outdoors until we get hit with the HEAT!!!!!!!!!!

Thats where we are now...It is freaking Hot & Humid out which means I am back to attack the track - projects!! LOL

Ive been busy buying this last week.....Wifey loaded up PAYPAL and said:

" for your birthday try to empty the paypal account"............

SO, I DID!!! :rofl:

Got my Pyramid PS26 regulated variable voltage Power supply,

Ps26kx.jpg

A New Ferrari 330 P4

Ferrari330P4003.jpg

and the Flying Lizards #44 Porsche (set only car as most of you i'm sure know)

44montage.jpg

So, :P TO ME!!!!! :lol:

That Porsche will look nice mixed in with these I Do believe.... :(

Backstretch003.jpg

Working on the ol Maintenance Shed & wrecker site.

First, we must have an old wrecker , an all used up relic from days gone by to park alongside our shed and then something a shade newer that will still be used.

So lets start by turning this

PENTOW-1.jpg

Into This

tow002.jpg

And this should work for our New Wrecker once we Weather it & Rust her up somewhat and detail it out....Since its a 50's wrecker I'm thinking she should be looking Pretty Grimy..........we'll get to that :P

Texacowrecker.jpg

The Sheds been started Framing/Finish is all Board By Board Construction(just like the real thing)...hopefully i'll have her shaped into some tumble down looking ol shack in a couple weeks!!

Now where did i put them big ol strap hinges :(

Edited by Tileguy

Fantastic work TileGuy, I love the "feel" of what you do.

- Hope your knees are feeling better soon.

Phil - you can't have him, I've already dispatched some Tony Soprano types to "nab 'im, bag 'im ", and ship him down to me for a few weeks forced labour.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• 3 weeks later...

Awhile back I began to put together a Board On Board scratchbuilt Pole Barn style Maintenance shack which will have my wrecker boneyard along with my newer tow truck in and around it.

Here was the way she sat back when i did the initial frame-up

ToolShed1-32005.jpg

Since this picture I have taken this build a few steps forward.

Here we are with our wall sections with its boards predistressed completed and given a Wash with a Silver acrylic paint rubbed in followed by flowing another wash of India Ink/ 99% Alcohol. The Door frame and Windows are Grandt line and have been painted with an Acrylic paint and weathered with the same Alc/Ink solution.

GarageWalls1.jpg

At the same time I also threw together a few period signs to represent Old tin advertising signs that have been relegated to the boneyard..........(never know when one will come in handy to patch a leaky roof)

Signs001.jpg

After Gluing my walls together i proceeded to the Truss stage...Here you can see my truss jig and a few Untrimmed trusses waiting to have gussets shaped.

Garage002.jpg

The roof will be removable to display the interior of the building............Here you can see how we accomplish a removable roof.....the trusses slip over the Poles and lock the roof in place. Trimboards will be glued to gables and will slip Overthe walls siding.

Garage005.jpg

I completed a little interior work before starting on my Foundation and slab floor

GarageInterior.jpg

Here we have the slab floor which has been poured with plaster into a form. The foundation sidewalls have an initial outline carving of the stonework.

GarageFoundation2.jpg

Here we have completed the initial staining of the Slabwork...you can see the cracks ive carved in to give the Old well used appearance.

GarageFoundation6.jpg

And here we have the final photo for now of the foundation stones with their 3rd staining coat.

As you can see the carving was completed and pock marks and texture were added to the rocks

GarageFoundation1-1.jpg

I'll add more as i get more completed.......it takes a while to take a scratchbuilt model to this level of detail...notice the close ups of the siding..............see if you can spot the nail holes :nice:

You going to convert the tow truck into a slot ? and have a "Tow-Mater" sign over the top

AHHHHHHHHHHH................. NO!!!!!

Unbelievable Tileguy wow don't know what to say other then bloody brillant

Cheers Slider

Glad you like it Slider.................Its been fun and its going to get even funner...........Lots of details on order along with some more basswood....I came up SHORT so ordered in Bulk this time.....150.00 worth!!!

Back to it soon!! :)

Thank you for the Kind comments guys, BUT......There really is No need to be Jealous!!

Anybody can do this stuff...........you just have to WANT TO!!!

Kep in mind,I'm always happy to help anybody that asks for help......;)

It can be expensive though if you are using Quality materials but then again, So are KITS!!

A Kit of a Garage like this which would perhaps include the raw foundation and some color coded pieces of stripwood..window & door castings and perhaps a few details along with instructions would very easily sell for 130-150.00

And you still have to Build it................. :lol:

Of course a finished Model like this will sell for far more but never enough to pay for the amount of time it takes to make!!

Scratchbuilding Isnt for everyone, BUT......Its not because people cant do it, its more a matter of priorities......Some folks would just rather RACE.....And I dont blame them!! LOL

I'll post more when ive completed more......Until then.......I am waiting on some materials to arrive which according to my supplier (Erik at Kappler Lumber)may take a couple of weeks since he is so backlogged!! :(

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting on my Basswood order BUT Eric said its been shipped :aussie: :dog: :)

In the meantime I did recieve some details which i'm working on painting............Lots & Lots of Details :arggg:

heres an idea....this is just a small part of round 1 - and thats Of 3 rounds (1 interior main bldg 2 - interior lean to 3 - exterior ALL)

details01.jpg

Also ive been working on the roofs...........The main Building gets a rolled roofing look while the Lean to addition (this will be the really rustic ...DIY looking... Nothing goes to waste.... kind of addition) Gets a slapped on cedar shake roof (in pretty sad shape too)

Roofs.jpg

I also dressed up a few Barrels...........these are 1/35 scale Verlinden barrels.........a bit smaller than 55 gal, i'd say they are the equivelent of aprox a 40 gal oil drum.........Almost a perfect 1:48 scale 55 gal drum!!

I purchased a Value pack for around 12-13.00 in which you get a couple dozen barrels.....( i'll make a Mold from these so i can make some of my own from plaster down the road :) )

Barrels001.jpg

Anybody interested in HOW i made the roofs can see the How to Here:

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=289563

• 6 months later...

I was asked for pictures since I guess all of my posted photo's went missing.

I'll try to repost what I have rather than Edit every Post.

Heres Photos of the above Scratchbuilt building.

Garage Framed

ToolShed1-32005.jpg

Truss Jig

Garage1.jpg

Board by Board siding

GarageWalls1.jpg

Removable Roof....how it works

Garage005.jpg

Carved Plaster foundation

GarageFoundation1.jpg

Overhead Shot of Floor with Aging

GarageFoundation6.jpg

Stone Work - Staing the Rocks

A.jpg

Trusses In Place

GarageRoofTrusses01.jpg

Rolled Roofing Main And Rustic /aged Shake Lean to roof

ShedRoofs.jpg

Interior Detail

Garagedetails002.jpg

Detail Items - (Signs)

Signs002.jpg

Detail Items - (barrels...verlindon)

Barrels001.jpg

The One that Started this Project - Wrecker from New to Junk in the blink of an Eye

WreckerMontage2.jpg