hoffy

Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007 - Rd 2

As for sleep I got about 3 hrs last night.

As for your car not sure what happened there, I didn't drive it before your run on my lane but it just seemed to be off the pace and lacking something, can't put my finger on it exactly. no obvious problems. Dunno .

Alan

OK Alan, you're excused :yellowbounce: Try and grab 20 and fill up that black hole!!! :yellowbounce: I'll harass Hoffy tomorrow :yellowbounce:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Sorry I couldnt make it on the night, seemed like it was a good one :yellowbounce:

Had a look at the heat be heat results. Phil your car is so easy to drive that you have to make an effort to try and deslot. Therefore novice and pro alike can extract the max out of the car. Some of the other cars are able to match or even better your car at times but its usually the more experienced drivers that can drive around a problem that are the ones doing it. If a less experienced driver has one of these cars they are not able to get the max out of the car for extended periods, with yours you can drive it 10/10th all night long.

Are we still having a Scandinavian round on ice? Maybe the big Mac will struggle on that?

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

Rick thanks for the feed back. I tried to build the car so it is easy to drive. Over the years I have watched all the guys down here drive proxy cars and some of them just give up if the car is not just what they like to drive or they can't cope with it. The better guys will always get the most out of all the cars.

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Another fabulous race. Congratulations to all involved.

You guys are showing everyone how a Proxy Series should be run, Races on schedule, Pre-race reports, qualifying, the race, results, post race feedback and the website. You should all be very proud...... :nice:

Congrats to the Podium guys, and all finishers, again all very close racing.

As for the "old Tasmainian Fox"...isn't it about time someone stood on his car..... B) . Well done Phil mate, obviously a great car you have there.

Looking forward to round three...

Regards

Alan

Of the two rounds already run, can anyone tell us what the lap records are for the classes that match our proxy cars? Be interesting to know how close our times are against the cars that run regularly on these tracks.

May the downforce be with you.

Of the two rounds already run, can anyone tell us what the lap records are for the classes that match our proxy cars? Be interesting to know how close our times are against the cars that run regularly on these tracks.

There was abit of a discussion about this on saturday night but I was busy and didn't listen that closly but from what I heard I think the fastest proxy cars were close to the outright record or under it at 6 pines and broke the lap record at valley but don't quote me on this.

I'm sure Hoffy will be able to tell you.

Alan

ps

we had some problems with some of the cars during the last round. I will be PMing those affected tomorrow to let them know.

Here's some interesting comparisons from last year's round at 6 Pines.

Last year's fastest time was 4.835. This year, fastest time was 4.637. 11 cars this year ran faster than last year's fastest car.

Last year, 180 laps completed. This year 187 laps and 6 cars ran better than 180 laps.

Who said at the beginning of this year that they expected the cars to be slower than last year because they weren't as wide???

Any lap below the 4.8 region at my track is seriously quick.

Up until last years Proxy race, the only car that went under 4.8's was a Tuna tyred Womp (with a foxII only though). This lap, being unofficial, was a 4.6.

Since then, we have had the 2006 proxy (I am pretty sure that during the race, the laptimes went into the 4.6's) & this years proxy ( again, 4.6's). Also, since then, a womp has not graced my track (I would expect times below 4.5 for one of those). For most classes that we run (mind you, we dont go to the same level as tuning as the proxy cars), I would expect times between 5.1's (NASCARs & V8's) to around 4.9's/4.8's (Slot.its). I can also punt my 24th scale NASCAR (with S16d @ 9v) on the blue lane in low 4.8's.

With the Valley track, the quickest official time was the 5.3 posted on Saturday night.

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Oh, while I am at it, I will try & do some updates tonight. I have some video I need to go through as well as updating the website. Please dont hold your breath (life has kinda got in the way & Sunday was a slot free day for me), but I will try my best.

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Sorry I couldnt make it on the night, seemed like it was a good one :)

Hi Rick

yeah, shame you couldn't make it mate. It was a good night !!

I don't know if it was a co-incidence but I couldn't help noticing that the attrition rate was markedly lower on Saturday night compared to round 1. ;)

LB

LB,

Ha Ha ha, Ill take that as a compliment. If youre not crashing your driving too slow. I suppose no one spun a pinion or no wheels came off. :) I went to pick up some bits and pieces from Bob Crawford with the intention of dropping them off back home and then go up to the race. The kids decided to go feral and I walked into a war zone with my wife ready to kill. 'Nough said, wasnt going to be brave enough to ask if I could go slotting. :(

The top half of the grid are all posting seriously quick times. I think the next proxy series needs to by powered by Ninco NC1's. It would suit my lack of reflexes better ;)

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

That's not as silly as it sounds. The NC1 is such a constant motor, every one runs the same and we're getting some quick times in our Classic Sports Car races. Would make the racing a lot closer.

Just imagine, a grid of 3 dozen pre 1966 sports cars, all capable of lapping within half a second of each other. How good would you have to setup the chassis to win!!!

Yeah, I somehow don't see the Auslot/DUPR Proxy developing a whole lot of excitement if it's NC-1s for 2008; except if they're maybe a subclass going through the same series.

Anyone who may be interested in an NC-1 series by the way should check out the rules for the upcoming VRAA over at SCI.

Already thinking ahead to the next race (as I am convinced there ought to be at least one that favours my car), and wondering if there are pictures or descriptions of the track that I may have missed?

Also looking forward to whenever you fellas have the chance to provide some feedback on how my car ran in the last one. :)

Also looking forward to whenever you fellas have the chance to provide some feedback on how my car ran in the last one.

Your car was put in the rubbish bin... right next to mine.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Bingle O'Nuttin reminds me of Al Unser Jnr. A good steerer in his day, but now a fun weekend involves dodging the cops....I suppose that Al is going to try & shoehorn himself into an Indy Car again, so anything is possible with Bingle.

look, let me go back through the Video tape to get the feelings of the drivers.

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

look, let me go back through the Video tape to get the feelings of the drivers.

Huh, Hoffy I thought you did that the day before? :) We needed the feedback like yesterday!! ;)

Lim

Just a thought, Hoffy, why not save yourself the trouble of doing the transcribe? :rolleyes: Upload the video to Youtube, post the link here and let us figure out for ourselves what the feedback is. :unsure: Unless you feel that some of the drivers talk so funny that we will not be able to decipher what they're saying!! :lol::lol::D

Lim

Hi Guys

I was trawling around the place a bit looking for some ideas to change my rumpus room track and I found this on the Valley Raceway site.

click on the link for some nice pics of the cars at Kym and Jordans place. some nice shots here.

DUPRS07 cars at the Valley

cheers, Alan