Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007 - Rd 2

hoffy

Not a bad effort from the boys.....any time in the top ten is something to be proud of, this track looks superb and cant wait to meet up with all those driving tomorrow night.... :)

Mr Magoo

Silky Smooth, but did suffer from a few deslots on the limit :P

top10) 5.870secs :lol:

(Oswald & Magoo are going to give it a shot!!) will take my camera along and get some additional shots for all you photo junkies :lol::lol:

all monies may be forwarded to the Magoo Motorsport Foundation in the form of cheque, cash or direct bank deposit.........bribery is a beautiful thing..............................all jokes aside it will be a priviledge to drive in this event and it is something that will be remembered for a long time to come I am sure...............the gathering of the "creme del e creme" of Auslot tuners cars will be something to behold......

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very funny Wet. Just keep my car away from the Easy Bake oven....LOL!!!

Nice driving guys. Wow, my 908/3 qualified 4th. I now wonder if the Shark 22k would have made the 2/10ths improvement over the Slot.it 25k in my car. Isn't guessing fun?

Terry

Well, here it is....race day.

Round 2, Valley Raceway is a different beast to 6 pines. Even though its another board track coated with Ferrador, it is an older more established track. The racing groves have seen many many laps. The layout is in a different vein as well. Where's 6 Pines is a fast mixture of a Oval & simple road course, Valley has quite a few more twists & turns. A car that can handle a change in direction will do well.

But, with a decent straight, if you dont have the legs, valuable tenths can be lost.

So who's going to perform well tonight? I think we will see some usual suspects near the top. Phil K, Sports Racer, Chenglaw. But of the rest? Will there be any suprises? From the practice session, I think there are 2 cars that might sneak one in. That being Lenny Broke & Mr Magoo (Taking aside the localness). For a driver (Jordan) who has the same amount of experience with each car, he was easliy to come to grips with them. Magoo may strike problems with pushing out of the slot....so we will see.

I also expect to see the likes of PeteN95, Terry Noe, Wet Coast heading towards the top. Beejay may also suprise.

Well, here's looking for another fun & successful night. The cars are primed & ready to go. The drivers are pumped and clamping at the bit.......lets go racing

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Well here it is Sunday morning and no results!

Phil

Well I was going to post the provisional results but as someone has been a smarty pants and I have to recalculate the results due to the smarty pants penalty being applied you'll all just have to wait now.

you can all blame Kalbfellsp for this

Mr Broke

He has been around CAMS Officials too long,they take a long time to decide anything and then it is usually wrong anyhow.

What sort of Pumpkin LIM ?

Phil

your only making it worse you know :lol:

Pumkin mmmmmmmmmmmmm :lol:

here's a hint though

:blink:

insert seppo flag here

:D

LB

Edited by lenny broke

Just so poor ol' Lim don't go to bed worried

here is the provisional results.

rnd2provresults.jpg

I'll be adding points later today as we had a little glitch with the Xl file formula, along with heat by heat lap scores.

Cheers LB

Kalbfellp write out 100 times

"I must not be a smarty pants"

Edited by lenny broke

Im off to bed now but id just like to add my nights experience.

Great bunch of guys to race with, had a awesome nights racing (been a long time since i had such a good night of racing) and was a pleasure to meet and race with them all.

Bring on Round 3 if they will have me again :blink:

Cheers

Alan, the results don't worry me. :lol: But it's sure got me scratching my head!! :blink: That abrupt about-turn is really puzzling. :lol: Guess I'll have to wait till next morning for the drivers' feedback to see what went wrong. :D

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Thanks again to all involved in the night and congratulations to those at the front. The Ferrari always seems to do a little better in qualifying and then slip back again in the race, since I know that it is underpowered I am also wonder if the handling is not consistent enough over a series of laps.

Hi Guys

I'll be posting the full results in the round by round thread later today. I have to go out with the little lady this afternoon but I will post them around 18.00 hrs Adelaide time. an update progressive point score will be posted as well.

Congratulation to every one even if you finished further down the order. I would have to say that nearly all the cars performances improved over round two, probably as tires and motors bed in the cars are getting better.

and thou modesty should prevent me from commenting on the Team Broke effort............ WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :aussie:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lbluebounce: :yellowbounce: :yellowbounce::yellowbounce: :yellowbounce: :yellowbounce:

LB

Edited by lenny broke

Lenny: We just all assumed that the results took so long to post simply because you were: A: still in a state of shock or B: Celebrating the great performance from what must be the smallest car in the field.

Hope it was not my spread sheet that caused the problem with the results? It seems O/K on my machine.

Sports Racer: I thought I should just check the points situation. I often have these early morning when Proxy races are on,see you were still up! Being in the Newspaper industry I get used to late night early morning calls.

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

Howdy guys

Sorry if I kept you waiting :yellowbounce:

Phil The spread sheet didn't like having 4 extra columns added in and loss the formatting to the formulas. All sorted now but

see results and progressive points in the round by round thread.

Delays today is cos I was hanging around with the Mussus' Thespian Mates all afternoon.

uhmm... that 250 lm aint that small Phil

anyway I am still pretty pumped with the way it ran last night.

Cheers Alan

Alan, don't mean to rush you, :yellowbounce: but are you going to post the feedback from the drivers? :yellowbounce: You've had enough sleep and rest I think. :yellowbounce:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Alan, don't mean to rush you, :yellowbounce: but are you going to post the feedback from the drivers? :yellowbounce: You've had enough sleep and rest I think. :yellowbounce:

Hi Lim

Hoffy is taking care of that . he did a voice recording of comments and is planning to transcribe it some time soon.

As for sleep I got about 3 hrs last night. I had about 6 things going through the black hole between the ears I call a brain and couldn't settle.

I'm off soon but.

As for your car not sure what happened there, I didn't drive it before your run on my lane but it just seemed to be off the pace and lacking something, can't put my finger on it exactly. no obvious problems. Dunno .

Alan

Edited by lenny broke