DAVENIC

Auslot Endurance Race - Victoria

Well done to the guys in Sydney for organising an Auslot race. Great idea and I hope everything turn out well on the night.:D

For us Victorians that can't make that event, I thought we could stage our own.

Does anyone know of a track thats reasonably central (Dandenong maybe) that is avaliable for hire. No expert circuits as we want all driver abilities to attend.

If anyone has any suggestions or is keen for a get together, please let me know.

One suggestion I would like to make is, whatever rules the guys in Sydney use, we use too. That way we are all on the same page and the cars are easy to buy and set up. And maybe some Sydney racers can come to sunny Melbourne :D with their cars for a run.

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

Last time I was over at Ged's place he had almost finished a new layout. Trouble is everytime I go there I spend more money than I planned. Worse than eBay!! :D

Could be an interesting thing to do Dave. Has the Sydney event published a definitive list of rules yet? I've scrolled through the thread and get the gist but I've got the attention span of a gnat..... :D

A definite yes to a standard set of rules but track will play a part. Are we talking a routed jobbie or a plastic layout here?

Cheers

Steve

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

I'm not fussed Steve. I think if we use the Mustang/Camaro cars, with front button magnet and as long as the track can accomadate (hopefully) a few of us, I don't care if its plastic or wooden.

So far its just you and me so we can do what we like !!!! :D

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

We are discussing the magnet versus weight issue at present. We are finding the lap times quicker by a tenth or two with weight rather than the button magnet and they are also better balanced.

The magnet glues the front down quite well so deslots are non existent but the tail waves around in the breeze a bit. The weighted cars drive better by minimising the amount of sliding and tend top get the power down better. The cars were to remain stock otherwise and we are allowing the road versions as the tyres are the same compound.

We will have rules done next week. I am going to the snow this weekend so we can't sort it this weekend.

Vince

Hey DAVENIC

If you're interested I can put you in touch with a group of 20 or so slot heads around Melbourne, nice mix of guys who all enjoy playing with toy cars.

Let me know if I can be of help.

'til next time close racing

WOVTAM

Wovtam,

The more the merrier. A venue is still to be found and at this stage not too many people have expressed and interest.

Again, if there is anyone around Melbourne interested in coming to a Auslot race meet, put your name down.

Guys, what do you think of fitting the same button magnet to a Scalex Vette?

There appears to be just enough room to glue one in and drill the same size hole the Stangs and Camaro's have.

It would add variety to the field, just imagine all the extra livery's as standard. Especially the Bad Guy Vette that's arriving this week.

I want one of those for myself!

:D

Cheers for now

Roland

Roland

There are a few problems with this. The Vette has bigger rear tyres and a wider track. It also sits lower so has a lower centre of gravity. It is front engined and inline.

We were trying to come up with something simple for first timers but we would end up with a Vettefest if we went this way. We also have everyone already having bought cars specifically for a Trans Am race who would not be too pleased with a rule change now.

Bo has tried a few things with his Vette's and found out how quick they are. Plenty of time for a new class next time.

Yeah I had my suspicions they might turn out faster. I'd put my money on a Camaro winning it from what I have seen so far

:unsure:

Cheers for now

Roland

Armchair is a fast track and the cars are so close in weight that the result will come down to the smartest driver who doesn't go for the fastest laps. I know one of the Wilmot racers is very consistent. I have studied his lap times in our races at Wilmot and he is not the guy who sets fastest laps. He doesn't crash very often if at all. The consistent driver will win and I don't necessarily think it will be a Camaro.

I have both and they are within a tenth on both mine and Bo's tracks. I know the Camaro has a wider track but the button magnet seems to even things up as the rest of the details on the cars are quite even.