Sign in to follow this  
oswald900

Slot Race Manager Problem

Ive been trying to get Slot Race Manager to work but was having problems with the F key strokes.

Well of all things i changed keyboards and now the key strokes work so im assuming it was the keyboard i had on there.

What i'm now stuck on is it is saying Timing Hardware Not Defined.

How do i fix this ?

Cheers

Have you A) got the hardware plugged in or :o setup the timing hardware?

to setup the hardware is quite simple

Tell we where you are at, I will help you out

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Have you A) got the hardware plugged in or :o setup the timing hardware?

to setup the hardware is quite simple

Tell we where you are at, I will help you out

Ive got the Timing Hardware plugged in.It has been running under Laptimer2000 but im not happy with that program.

I havn't setup the hardware in SRM though

OK, this is how you do it.

Firstly, make sure that the hardware is plugged in & is on (if it needs power)

On the main menu, got down to track data & hit enter. This is where you would see the message Hardware not defined.

Hit F6. This will display Exit Setup, which will be highlighted. Click the down arrow. This will highlight lane 1. Press enter. You will get a screen that says "Verify the parrallel port address". You should just need to press enter (dont put in any values) through the 3 settings.

From there you will get the screen "Trigger the detection hardware on the desired lane once". Do as it says. This will enter a value. it will then ask you to not trigger the hardware & press any key (I think...) & then finally it will ask you to trigger the hardware again.

from there, use arrow to go to next lane & so forth.. To change the lane colours, press F9 & use your arrow keys to move around

Hope this helps

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Good to see you've finally on the way

"Timing Hardware Not Defined" just means that you haven't allocated which sensor goes to which lane ...... i think its the F6 key that does the job

After you input the number of lanes being used ..... you then need to open and close the switch,beam, deadstrip or whatever you are using for each lane.

Then it should be all systems go!!!

After initial instillation you can access the help file in the program that will explain it with a bit more detail

Gary

Would have posted mine earlier but i got half way through and got called away

Don't forget this program is designed to run at it's best in DOS ..... it will however run in windows but you need to run it in DOS

Edited by gazza

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Thats where i was getting stuck didnt know about the arrow down key.

Done that but when i get to "Trigger the detection hardware on the desired lane once" nothing happens is this right ?

Doesnt go to lane two or nothing

Cheers

Done that but when i get to "Trigger the detection hardware on the desired lane once" nothing happens is this right ?

When it says "Trigger the detection hardware on the desired lane once" you need to run a car or anything over the censor once ...... a set of numbers should appear (they are the open numbers for that lane)hit the return key another set of numbers will appear below them ..... run anything over the censor again another set of numbers (closed) ..... it will now prompt you to do the same on each lane that you have hitting the return key each time.

The Open numbers will all be different ,one for each lane, the closed number will all be the same.

Gary

Edited by gazza

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

OK, 2 things.

Lets work out whether the thing is running OK. Boot into windows & run laptimer 2000. Does it work?

The other thing is how are your running SRM? DOS or in Windows. & if Windows, are you running XP or 98?

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

OK, do you know what pins are which. Slottimer can have a different pinout then SRM

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

No sorry dont know what pics are what.

Do you think if i try it through 98 rather than DOS it might make a difference ?

No, it would be the opposite (should work in DOS, but not 98...)

Are you able to pull the shell off the connector. THen at least we can determine if the right pins are being used

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Going to give up on getting it going today as ive got other things i should be doing but ill try again on the weekend

Thanks for your help guys.