DAVENIC

Not Happy, Jan

G'day Everyone

I've just been reading the comments, views and opinions on this topic and found them very interesting. However there is one thing I'd really like to find out and that is the name of the place that has not supplied the order. Of course I appreciate that it may not be possible to post it here for all to see but if you would be kind enough to email me the info that would be great.

I don't want to waste my time and money ordering from someone who is not even willing to reply to a simple request when there's a problem. If this outlet can't or won't look after their customers then there is no way they'll get any new business from me or any of my slot car mates.

'til next time close racing

WOVTAM

Chris according to the U.S. distributor we are all done with classic track. We hav'nt been able to order Classic track for at least a year now. We hav'nt been able to order Nascar's for over a year now. Our current catalogue shows no classic track. Maybe there is still some for the European market. Makes no sense thou why it would'nt be imported into the U.S. Also makes no sense why they would make classic track when thier working on the digital sport set-up.

Hi Blta9. A lot of things in this world don't make sense mate and as was quoted elsewhere, maybe it is just a U.S. thing, who knows, and every market is different. I can only go by what our supplier tells me and the fact that i had a delivery of classic track pieces the other day that i had on back order with them which would suggest they had a recent delivery.

Maybe they are still making the classic track to cater for the people who prefer to stay away from the digital stuff and are happy with the classic track or just want to extend the track they have already spent hundreds of dollars on. The classic to sport track adaptors probably don't make sense to some people either but they still make them.

At least Scalextric Sport, Carrera and Ninco's digital tracks will be compatible with their existing tracks, which does make sense from their customers point of veiw unlike SCX's digital which i believe isn't compatible with existing track which may or may not be a concern for SCX customers as far as cost goes as it will mean out with the old and in with the new if you want to stick with SCX., :D

Wovtam, I'll wait and see what the administrators have to say.

I don't mind telling people who this shop is but I must stress this is only my experience. Others here may have used them without a problem.

But I will not be using them again. If others want my opinion, I am happy to provide it.

Thanks,

Dave

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

Hey George.

Bundy is only the worlds finest drink until you accidentally overdose on the OP (overproof) stuff. Then believe me you dry retch even seeing a label!! :D

I've got a big investment in scaley classic so it is interesting that we seem to be the worlds last bastion for available track bits. But things like the C157 short straights are really hard to get and on back order everywhere (my brother was after some but he gave up and changed his layout).

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

Re posting the name of the shop, its best if that's confined to PM's or emails rather than posting it publicly. Besides potential legal issues, its also one person's unfortunate instance -- as Davenic points out, others may have had no problems, there may have been extenuating circumstances etc. Davenic has offered to provide it on request and its best left at that.

Completely Off Topic and yet related, did you know that:

"In 1961, Sam McMahon, the former Prime Minister Billy McMahon's brother, added the polar bear on his new square bottle packaging." From the Bundy website.

So the next time you play "6 Degrees of Freedom", there's the connection between the polar beer and the guy on "Charmed" or Kylie Minogue. Julian McMahon is Billy McMahon's son and was married to Kylie's sister Danni.

Time to open that bottle of Bundy Black label (double mmmmm). :D

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Davenic & Bump

Hey guys as I mentioned I do appreciate the problems with including names via the Forum especially in this situation and I have no problem with that at all. I wouldn't expect otherwise however I'm still eager to know who it was that Davenic had problems with so please use the Forum to email me when you get time.

WOVTAM

"In 1961, Sam McMahon, the former Prime Minister Billy McMahon's brother, added the polar bear on his new square bottle packaging." From the Bundy website.

Is this polar bear related to the Coca Cola bear?

WOVTAM