hoffy

Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007 - Rd 1

Great Work Guys, :whip: and fabulous reporting, You've set the standard for others to follow.

Congrats to Phil, Sports and Lim, great cars Guys and something for the rest of us to aim for.

Regards

Alan

PS Note to self........Add more lead next year... :wub:

Great Work Guys, :whip: and fabulous reporting, You've set the standard for others to follow.

Congrats to Phil, Sports and Lim, great cars Guys and something for the rest of us to aim for.

Regards

Alan

PS Note to self........Add more lead next year... :wub:

Hi Alan

Your car is well balanced weight wise I reckon. the problem we are having is that is the rear wheels have a nasty chatter under hard acceleration IE when the wheels spin. if you ease it out of corners it's no problem. we have had a look at the car but can see nothing obvious.

we will have a closer look before the next round.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

As a "rookie" driver for the proxy series last night, I must say it was a very enjoyable experience. The format , presentation and organisation on the night was first class: Well done Hoffy and Lenny Broke:clap: :clap: :clap:.

The presentation of the cars in the "holding area" gave a great colorful expose of the variety, in type and livery of the cars (even Phil K's car, that only had racing numbers). Well done to all car owners, they were very well presented.

Six Pines is one of my favourite tracks as it is a fast, flowing track and is.... well.... just a great track to drive :D.

Hoffy basically summed up the general consensus of all the drivers:

Phil & Sports Racer: these cars were a pleasure to drive on this track ( I will be bidding when they are put up on e-bay :P ) "their smoothness & out right pace in all places on the track. They had the power, but they could really be booted out of the corners."

Chenglaw: very fast, zippy car but importantly very driveable. Fun car to drive. ( also get a bid from me on e-bay :D ) Different to the longer cars of Phil K, Sports Racer, Devious Dave, Oldslot and Mr Magoo.

Devious Dave & Oldslot - These cars would be great to drive in the enduro / Le Mans type races. They just kept going round & round and wouldn't deslot. Great, balanced cars. Well prepared guys.

Special mentions go to:

Mr Magoo; great looking car, performed very well ( lost braid aside ) and like Devious Dave & Oldslot, would be great car to drive in long races. A few of the drivers commented on the driveability of your car.

Terry Noe & PeteN95: Nice clean looking "pocket rockets", and were also good fun to drive. They stuck to the track well.

By no coincidence the cars I mentioned above are all in the top 10, because they were well tuned and balanced and suited the fast flowing Six Pines: Will they perform as well in round 2 at the tighter, twistyer Valley Raceway? Time will tell.

Of the other cars: Some owners will learn from this experience and fine tune the preparation of their cars for next season. Other cars set up just didn't suit the Six Pines layout, "horses for courses".

It is intruiging to look at the cars after round 1 and consider that over this 9 round series, they will run approx 1500 laps / 22 kilometers without being "serviced". Tyre wear could be a concern for some of the cars.

In summary, it was great fun :redbounce: :purplebounce: :lbluebounce: driving the mixture of the shorter wheel based Lola's and Chevrons to the longer wheel base Ferrari's and Porsches, all within a couple of minutes of each other.

If I get the opportunity to drive in round 2 it would be a whole new experience being on a tighter track and seing how all the cars respond.

Again well done to all the entrants in taking the time, affort and money to provide cars for this great event.

I know it has been said many times before in various threads of the DUPR 2007 but well done AGAIN to Hoffy for the presentaion and running of round 1. He has spent many, many hours in making sure the event ( along with Lenny Broke the administrator :clap:) was proffessionally prepared and run and, as round 1 host, wanted to make sure this series got off on the right foot. Now he can get a better nights sleep.

All the best to the rest of the series hosts, it is a great event to be part of.

TRIGGY

Normal people worry me

Hi Alan/Martin

Strange about the chattering, I've not experienced it with this car before, and it was built and has been running for over a year with only a change of motor for this series.

As Martin says it could be too much grip or possibly I may have forgotten to glue the motor to the pod, I honestly can't remember, but it still seems to go fairly well so I'm happy. The obvious reason would be untrue tyres but I would have thought these were well run in by now.

Regards

Alan

phoeno29: I have been watching biggest looser! hence the weight lose!

even Phil K's car, that only had racing numbers

triggy:Look again! Jim H was only using this car for John S to drive while trying to sort the 2H so had very few sponsors!

Thanks for the great feed back and thanks for driving my car so well as must have all the drivers.

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Phil, it could be that Lenny is using the Fastest Single Lap Time as the tie-breaker (Yours: 4.637, SR: 4.653). In any case, the Race Points awarded are the same for both you and SR, so I don't think it should matter too much although perhaps it would have been better if sections of a lap were also recorded as this would be a better way of settling a tie on whole laps but not a guarantee that it would. :lbluebounce: A more positive way (like we used to do for RC cars) would be to record both laps completed and elapsed time for everyone - although I'm not sure if the current slot race management software has the ability to do so. :purplebounce:

In any case Lenny has declared you as the winner, so be it! Congratulations to both you & S.R. :redbounce:

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Lenny: I assume that parts of a lap were not recorded, if this is so how come I am in front of sports racer,shouldn't we be equal first?

Phil

Hi Phil

You are right that the part laps were not recorded. The software that Hoffy used did not allow for that and we where not aware of this until the end. we assumed that the time of the last lap counted to the end of the time frame for each heat would be recorded. unfortunately this was not the case, so only the whole laps were recorded. the positions on the result sheet were allocated by fastest lap times recorded by the program.

Unfortunately people may have lost a couple of laps by this process (inlcuding me ).

As a result of this I felt that fairest way to award points was to calculate on the whole laps only. so effectively you and Sports car racer share the points table lead.

I had thought about a couple of ways to resolve this and that was the best way I could come up with.

This should not be a problem at round 2 as Kym and Jordan run a different program and record the part laps I believe.

Sorry if this has caused some problems but this is the best solution I could come up with.

Alan

Yes, it was an oversite by me. I have used the software before & usually with Our club meets, there is enough gap (especially over that race distance) that its not an issue. (this really says something about a lot of the cars, that people from different backgrounds can build cars that are consistant!!). So ma My humblest apologies to all. The only consolation to this is that the scoring like this were done consistantly accross the board.

Oh & Wet Coast, the only reason you would have lost laps....Bingle kept on stopping to chat up female spectators.....Bit of a playboy ladies man that Bingle

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Guys, I have no problem with your scoring system. Any system that puts me at the pointy end of the field can't be all bad. Congrats to Phil and his semi-legal racer (isn't there supposed to be a minimum ground clearance?)

Just joking mate. Well done. I know how hard it is to build a car to run on a track that you've never seen. I'm just lucky that mine suited this track so well.

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

Great Work team, just seen the reports after a spell away from the old keyboard (read- stocktake) I couldnt be happier with a

top ten finish from the old girl("the mighty lola t70") what an amazing group of cars and a fantastic night by the sounds....Dropped braid in the 4th sounds like the Magoo Man all over, thanks for the great repair job I always did find getting those little suckers in a little tricky :purplebounce: you guys have obviously mastered it :redbounce: to master Hoffy thankyou sir for a simply

awesome effort with the track prep and behind the scenes action (no not that type of action) :lbluebounce: .....Thankyou to lenny and all the drivers for the evening, having seen 6 pines in the flesh it is certainly a sight to behold and a credit to the craftsmen responsible for putting it all together........(sports racer) I am still eating some humble pie (until round 2) that is when my little yellow rocket will be ready and waiting (now that the braids are in properly) for a top 5 finish.... :clap: For a proxy virgin like myself the whole series to date has been a very enjoyable experience and i urge all those reading these posts (as i did last year) to build and enter next years event yourself, If the other hosted rounds continue to follow suit this is going to be bigger and better than I ever emagined.............congrats to all entrants yet again ............so until round two

:clap: :clap: :D:D Magoo out :PB)B)B)

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

7 Terry Noe / Terry Noe Porsche 908/3 180 8 ( 04.790)

Whoa! You've made my day. I'm speechless. All I can say is Thank you. You guys are doing a fantastic job.

TN

Hi Everyone

This was my first drive at a proxyrace and I must say it was a great experience :purplebounce: I really enjoyed driving all the different cars. I raced Yellow lane with Kym which was the first car rotated on to the track. So it was our duty to pass on the driving characteristic of the cars. I’m a little surprised that no one has mentioned the problem Rick had with a number of cars. Anyway I’ve got some video and pictures of round 1.

Proxyrace001.jpg

Proxyrace003.jpg

Proxyrace004.jpg

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d16/kouw...oxyrace2007.flv

A big Thanks to all for a very successful event :lbluebounce:

I will be looking at entering the 2008 proxy race!

Edited by Imkouwl

SCR%20logo.jpg

Allan and Hoffy: Was not winging how could I just wondering. We try record the 1/10's of a a lap manually and add it to the spread sheet makes calculating the points easy. We only use it for proxy races after we had some similar results in 2000 when at one race 3 cars finished one the same lap almost side by side! I think our program also gives total time but does not record actaul 1/10th.

Can some all some names to the faces,it would be nice to know who is who.

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Allan and Hoffy: Was not winging how could I just wondering. We try record the 1/10's of a a lap manually and add it to the spread sheet makes calculating the points easy. We only use it for proxy races after we had some similar results in 2000 when at one race 3 cars finished one the same lap almost side by side! I think our program also gives total time but does not record actaul 1/10th.

Phil

Hey Phil,

No, Didnt think that you were whinging....not at all :purplebounce:

It was an issue that we had lengthy discussions with after the racing. Last year, with the local software that we used, it actually caclulates the average lap time & then adds a decimal place after the laps, using that calculation. The problem with that software is there is no backup of data & no results saved, so if you have a crash, your night is lost. With SRM, at least the data is saved as it goes.

The comment about the difference in laps is more an indication on how good a job the proxy builders have done & me taking too many assumptions before the race!!

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Phil

Ummm Imholding the Camera :redbounce:

Actually now that you have bought that 2 my attention I didnt ask anyone if it was OK to put there photo on the net.

If they want to tell you thats up to them :purplebounce:

Please guys Ive already had discussions with my Lawyer so I will direct any objections through to his secutary. :lbluebounce:

no seriously if you do object I will remove them.

Opps Wayne

SCR%20logo.jpg

On the last photo, I'm the one on the far left hand side....so far left that all you can see is the peak of my cap

I have some other photo's as well, that I will post (I didn't feel much like posting piccies last night. I got a damn head cold from the night out in the shed.... sniffle)

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Reading the posts by people saying "great video" makes me envious- here I am sitting in front of a blank screen for the last 15 minutes waiting for the clip to download - and I'm on a 100 Mbps broadband connection! :)

Lenny & Hoffy: have to echo Phil's sentiments on not whining about the lap counting as you chaps did a great job with the available tools. I only put in my 2c worth to try to help and make your job easier and was not meant to be any sort of criticism. Am really glad you guys see it that way as I certainly hope to be in the 2008 DUPRS :)

Yeah, would really appreciate having a name put to the faces, if for no other reason, then at least we will know when not to whine when our cars do not perform to expectations in the hands of the guy who looks like he could make a twisted pretzel out of you!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Reading the posts by people saying "great video" makes me envious- here I am sitting in front of a blank screen for the last 15 minutes waiting for the clip to download - and I'm on a 100 Mbps broadband connection! :)

The file is less than 1 MB If you have any more problems I could email it to you

Cheers

SCR%20logo.jpg