hoffy

Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007 - Rd 1

Howdy all,

I thought I would start a thread for Round 1 of the Down Under Proxy - 2007 Race series.

OK, to get the ball rolling, I will quickly go through this weeks & weekends activities:

The schedule is as follows:

• Friday 13th of April (already been) - Official practice & technical inspection
  • Tuesday 17th of April to Thursday 19th of April - Offical practice for all late arrivals
  • Friday 20th of April - Six Pines Raceway Pole Day
  • Saturday 21st of April - DUP - 2007 RS Six Pines Raceway 135 Race

I will post race format details at a later stage

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Are you still taking bribes so that the best driver races the best car on the best lane all night long? Or are we going to play fair on saturday night? ;)

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

Just look for the car that's the most different and unusual setup to what everyone else has entered - that's mine. It's very quick and will take a top racer to get the best out of it, that's why I know it won't do well until the Sydney rounds. :unsure:

Rick, if your driving is only half as good as your technical knowledge you just might be able to handle my car. B)

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

IT will be a timed race. It will be contested over 2 rounds (I.E., all cars will race on each lane twice). Heat lengths will be 1 minute 30, so a total of 3 minutes per car per lane.

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

SP,

I'll try and tune it for Hoffy's track so the thing can at least do a lap without deslotting. I'll then detune it again so that its set up for Sydney conditions.

I'm an OK racer and there are lots better than me, especially on Hoffy's track which I struggle on. The way Hoffy has arranged the round seems very good however. Each car cycles through the 4 lanes twice with the drivers staying on their allocated lane. So it doesnt matter whether a driver is fast or slow as each driver gets to drive each car.

Should favour the car which is reasonably fast but is the most forgiving car to drive so that it can be driven fast by drivers with potentially different driving styles.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

man that is some short heats!! Cars wont even get a chance to warm up and then they will be off!!

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

Last year we did 2 minute heats x2. The whole bloody thing took till 2:00am in the morning. I didn't really want a repeat

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Get some good drivers who can drive faster, then you won't be up till 2AM. :angry2:

And Rick, I enjoy reading your technical posts, lots of really good info there. I have no problem with you working on my car (of course, prior to the DUPS officially starting so that it's within the rules).

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

Get some good drivers who can drive faster

Boom Boom... You need a new gag writer Sports :angry2:

No, After our talks last night, I have re-assessed & we will be doing 2 minute heats. Therefore each car will do 4 minutes per lane. This is the same as last year.

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Hold on, I deliberately built my car to last only 12 minutes. Are you now telling me you expect it to go for 16 MINUTES?

That will be a record for one of my cars.......... :angry2:

Hi Guys

And Rick, I enjoy reading your technical posts, lots of really good info there. I have no problem with you working on my car (of course, prior to the DUPS officially starting so that it's within the rules).

No, but I do. The cars have been scrutineered and are now in "parc ferme" so there will be no more "tuning" unless it is deemed necessary by the round host or series coordinator (me).

I guess you guys are just having a jape but I thought I would clarify this before it becomes a problem.

Looking forward to the weekend

Cheers Alan

So did Hoffy loosen the grub screws on the rims and gears of all those cars before or after "parc ferme" ? I mean I dont want to see Hoffy accused of cheating illegally, so it must have been before parc ferme. :angry2:

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

The cars have been scrutineered and are now in "parc ferme" so there will be no more "tuning" unless it is deemed necessary by the round host or series coordinator (me).

Damn, I was hoping someone would build me a good car. Looks like I'll have to settle for a tyre clean before the race and hope it hangs together.

Damn, I was hoping someone would build me a good car. Looks like I'll have to settle for a tyre clean before the race and hope it hangs together.

dont worry sports racer the little yellow beastie (eg) the Magoo Motorsport entry will be at the front but if you send me your car before the DUPRS 2008, I will show you how the boys in the know (ADELAIDE) set up a real car then you can take it back to Sydney and Tassie and copy our ideas.....................lol :nice: :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by mr magoo

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

Thanks for the offer MM. Based on last years Proxy where did you come? I just want to make sure that I get an expert who really knows how to setup cars properly, not someone who can't even get into the top 10. :nice:

Jeez, should I rename this thread to the Official trash talking thread? :nice:

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Having seen the results and comments from practice I can safely say that we here at Ecurie Lentement will be aiming rather low and consider any position higher than dead last as a victory or something. I would love to know who dreamed up the quoted performance figures for the Pro Speed motor and why it rattles, or could that just be down to the bloke who built the car.....

Jeez, should I rename this thread to the Official trash talking thread? :P

Yep you could cut the testosterone with a knife :)

Tonight's the night. Something about results talk and bullsh*t walks.

Will results be posted as the night progresses?

Anyone taking bets on the top 3?

I willl see how we go (but more then likely after qualifying has completed!!)

OK, tonights format is quite easy.

1) Qualifying will be conducted by myself

2) Qualifying will be done on Lane 3, Blue (which is the same lane as official practice)

3) Each car will be given 10 laps. From these 10 laps, the fastest will be used to determine its grid position

4) Qualifying order will be in Number order. I.E., if your car has a number 1 on it (sorry Antony), your car will be first up

Easy as....Like I said, I will post the times once I get a chance

Cheers

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg