Building 4 Of 5 Completed At San Phoeno

phoeno29

I have spent the last 2 weeks working on the 4th building for the village. I figure we are in Italy so why wouldn't you have a pizza shop ??

The building has three parts to it. The inside, the roof and the shell.

The railings on the roof are the same as the railings on the little verandah on building 1.

building4inside.jpg

building4roof.jpg

building4outside.jpg

building4complete.jpg

There appears to be a bit of trouble brewing in the laneway as local authorities have bailed up this young man. With that started but cheeky look, he would have to be related to Eno. The goons on the balcony watch on.

laneway1.jpg

laneway2.jpg

building4a.jpg

The Petter Solberg fan club wait patiently for their man but sadly, he is out of the rally already.

solbergfans.jpg

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Not very authentic - the price for a Supreme is the same as the egg and bacon pizza.

And how are you going to compensate for inflation in a couple of years? Your shop might end up being the cheapest in town. How is that going to go down with the other shopkeepers? How will you make a profit if supplies start costing more than what you can sell for?

Don't you know anything about economics?

And don't get me started on zoning restrictions and building permits!

May the downforce be with you.

I have spent the last 2 weeks working on the 4th building for the village. I figure we are in Italy so why wouldn't you have a pizza shop ??

There appears to be a bit of trouble brewing in the laneway as local authorities have bailed up this young man. With that started but cheeky look, he would have to be related to Eno. The goons on the balcony watch on.

Typical I.Ti, no free Pizza for the cops so they have taken him around the corner to belt the s*i^ out of him. Some retaliation later no doubt. ;) :clap:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Ignore that ungrateful flip-side, at least I could read the menu, far better than being stuck in Lygon St. with half of the street tugging you this way and that.

Any chance of you emailing me a half in half, carbonara, and seafood, - but hold that icky BBQ sauce, just a spattering of fresh lime juice and double the prawns please, actually, some morton bay bugs would go good on top too.

Edited by SlotsNZ

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

If you want to add realism then all the spectators need to be positioned on the outside of the curve not on top of a building. So that when you deslot you take out half the spectators just like in real life. Carnage I tell you, carnage.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

Martin, this is a great little building.......Your scenery looks very good and most importantly your weathering and dulling down for realism is Spot On.

Alot of folks who want real life scenes could take a lesson from your scenes here.........Realism is not hard to attain but it'll never look real with plastic shine.........

If you dont mind, I do have 1 observation though. A common thing seen with slot tracks and even some model railroads is buildings that are not planted ( or not planted quite enough) getting a buildings foundation to Look as if its buried and permanent is a cardinal rule.........I'd either bury or hide those foundation edges just a bit to improve the appearance.....

Hey, maybe you are planning to do so and simply havent got a chance or are waiting for additional scenery work to be completed first.....like I said, simply an observation Martin :)

This track is just insane Martin!!!!!

You have graduated to 'Master' level with this track. My only problem would be that I would spend more time looking at the scenery than driving slots! :)

Great work mate, I hope to one day see it in the flesh.

octovia4.jpg

Cheers Matt

Edited by manic35

Thats good feedback Tileguy and much appreciated. I do intend to have a small amount of grass along the edges of each building and some small tulips or sunflowers from railway modeling. Hopefully it will help hide the gap between the building and ground.

Thanks for the comments Manic, I don't know about 'master', go to slotforum and look up the work of Brad Korado, just amazing. If your ever down Jimboomba way, the garage door is always open to you.

• 2 months later...

Knoath, they are woodland scenics 44 pine trees in a kit, 4 to 6 inches from memory.

I bought a little bottle of their glue as well after my own pva didn't do real good. The foliage is also woodland scenics, I remove from bag, break up into small pieces, sit it in a plastic bowl, add glue to armitures, let them sit for 20 minutes until sticky, roll glued armiture through bowl of loose greenery (which comes in many colours and shades) apply a bit of pressure with the fingers to get them to hold, let them dry then add to track by drilling a small hole and pushing them in. 1 dab of subglue for strength.

Pretty easy, just costs a few dollars but worth it.

I think the local hobby shop had the 44 bag of armitures for $28 and the bags of greenery were $11 each. I think i used 3 bags for the 44 trees.

I have been really busy lately, not much slot time but will get some new pics done soon.

You can also by a starter kit for about 28 bucks with 18 armitures and flock , I bought this first up and found the flock far out weighs the trees so you end buying another set of just armitures to double the trees.

Noel

Sim

CANYON COUNTY RACEWAY