Central Coast Drivers ?

RePete

Hey Guys just wondering if theres any cetral caost guys out there

Ive just set up a 50foot 4 lane artin layout with PC laptiming and its lonely old highway driving on it by myself

I have made it reasonable mobile and I am hoping to do some party hire with it

I've yet to get all my mates hooked in but I've got a few endurance races planned to sort that out

my lemans timing software with fuel stops should help

Anyway check out my pics and let me know what you think

Maybe we can line up a drive

track1.jpg

fishbowl_loop.jpgRacers3.jpg

overpass.jpg

Carnagesmall.jpg

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Central Coast and Artin -- you hit the daily double, RePete. You'll get a few replies, no fear of that, there's quite a group here from your area.

Welcome.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

HI RePete

Looks Gr8!!! what software are you using? and what setup have u got to trigger the timing?? also wot size is your "table"?... sorry for the 20 questions!!

I live neer cessnock.. about 40 mins from westfields neer wyong so if u haveing a drive day or want to come up here give me a yell!

Hey badbilly

I live at toukley so I'm about 45 mins from you

I am using both laptimer 2000 for general timing and racing and the Lemans software from the S.P.T.S guys in canada

A simple microswitch on the printer port socket allows me use both programs without changing cables

The sensors are phototransistors placed in the track with a light gantry over the top seems to work well

I just need to sort out some controllers as the std artins really nee less ohms and brakes to drive cars other than artin well

when I get this done and I meet a few of you guys online i want to organise some racing maybe even throw in a tenna each and have some prizes or does that sound to competitive

Anyway I'll keep in touch and meet someday

Keep it in the groove

Pete

thanks for the offer RePete but ive just build up a junker puter for my wife... "I never get to used the computer cause u hog it" she says in a nagging voice... so she would KILL me if i then used it to time my slotcars so me thinks its best to stick with my scaley timer for now! Iam mainly interested to see what peoples are doing as ive heard some use a mechanical type switch and others the photosensor.

Re chucking in a tenna.. yeah no worries about that but i say we race for beer... and the looser of the race (me) gets the most!!! lol

I'm 5 minutes from the freeway on-ramps at Waitara so the Central Coast is just up the road. If you organise something, definitely let me know please.

Cheers

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Hi Guys, Rally, myself and Wovtam plus others not on this forum usually get together for a once a month race meeting on the Central Coast. I am planning one for Sunday the 15th August, start around midday and all are invited. I lay on nibbles and drinks and we usually have a fun day. My circuit is on the website (Valleyview Raceway), I know some of you expressed an interest about a month ago when I posted a note on the site, who's up for it? If you can let me know so I can get an idea of numbers and I will post my e-mail address if there is enough interest so that we can tie up the fine details. :D P.S. great looking circuit RePete, would definitely like a run one day.

I live at toukley so I'm about 45 mins from you

G'day RePete

I'm just 5 min over the bridge at Gorokan, when can we get together for some slot car fun?

Post me an email with your phone number and I'll give you a call. :D

'til next time close racing

WOVTAM