MOPARGREG

Help With Pc Timing System

Hi guys,

Im pretty new to the slotcar world and im building and modifying as I go. I want to add a PC timing system to my Carrera track. Where do I start? I have an old compter on standby. How do I go about this? Is there different ways of timing systems. I read somewhere you can use dead strip or lightbridge. Which is better? Also how do I connect this to the computer and also what program/s are the best.

Sorry thats alot of questions, thought I would get it all out. I just dont know where to start, its all abit daunting.

Thanks

Thanks

Greg

G'day Mopardevil

You'll get heaps of different programs from different guys for different tracks.

I've been using slotrace manager for over 5 years without a problem

link http://www.cenobyte.nl/slotracemanager/hoofdframe.html

Both Craig (teamreadracing) and myself use the program on our road as well as our rally tracks.

It runs on dos and gives timing down to 10,000th of a sec

Mario has been a little slack lately so if you can't get a copy of it just email or pm me and i'll send it to you.

Gary

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Gazza ive been trying to use it but i can not get my F keys to work to enter the set up.

Any idea what the problem could be ?

Cheers

There was a recent thread somewhere, but I can't find it for love or money.

Another popular "freebie" is "Laptimer 2000"

Laptimer 2000

I experimented with some other freebies, but they all seemed to have either so many quirks IMHO, and be "wildly less than intuitive" or, have small screen displays, and I wanted "el grande" numbers, so my old eyes can see how slow I am going.

This might inspire you a little Very tidy light bridge on Auslot forums

If you are willing to pay for a really nice system, there is TrackMate.

I raced on it last month at SlotShop in sydney, and was sufficiently impressed to go out and acquire the NZ agency.

I don't know who the Aussie agent is - I assume he has one. Ask any of our sponsors - eg Roland at Slotshop.

Trackmate Control hardware/software

Trackmate is also okay with 3 lane for those with a 3 lane routed, just don't use a 4th sensor.

Thanks guys for your replys.

I have decided to give it a go and make my own light bridge. I have no idea on where to start. Has anyone got a guide on how to build this and how to wire it up to the computer. As for the software programs Ill have a look through them all but I might go with one of the free ones to start with.

Many thanks and any help with building my new project would be appriciated

Thanks

Greg

I like Laptimer 2000 but the only thing i dont like about it is that on lapped races as soon as the leader finishes the race its over.Classic thing we had at our last race meeting was the 2 cars finished on the same lap but Laptimer2000 had the other car a lap down.

Other than that we all really like it in our club

I like Laptimer 2000 but the only thing i dont like about it is that on lapped races as soon as the leader finishes the race its over.Classic thing we had at our last race meeting was the 2 cars finished on the same lap but Laptimer2000 had the other car a lap down.

yeah, so I noticed tonight, . . . . and I wasn't the one doing the finishing . .

Does anyone know if there is a free program that wont suffer from this problem and also i would need it to do timed races ?

Im having trouble getting Slotrace Manager working :unsure: