Central Coast/hunter 1/32 Racing

Terry

Our first posting here on Auslot,just a couple of pics of some of the boys racing at Dougs tonight,2 lane scx landscaped track,nice and flowing without too many hassles,as always Doug and Josie made us feel right at home.

Tonights racing was with Aussie V8's,Trans Ams,Gt's,A1 Gp cars and what we call our NC1 class.

Point score for the night was:

Doug 34 points

Tim 40 points

Westy 42points

Steve 46points

Terry 36points

Greg 42 points

Next meet is at Steves on the 12th May.

terry

Edited by terry

I'm Sorry I couldnt make it but I was covered in bloody cornice cement yesterday arvo trying to finish the ceiling in the new kiosk for the shop

Did the boys brag on about how good the 1/24 scale carerra racing was on friday night? If they did I would have to agree it must be the closest racing we hav had on the track

That Troy (now affectionatly refered to as sloppy) is driving too well now and was hard to beat in his new 1/24 corvette

Your gonna have to get down to a few more friday nights buddy your missing out :unsure:

Keep up the good work

Pete

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Pete,

Yes you were missed,good to hear the cornice cement has been applied and that Area3 is moving onwards and upwards.

Steve and Tim both had their 1/24 Corvettes and they certainly look the business!

Seems as though I'll be forced to join in,oh dear,and sloppy is certainly a worry!Too quick for a newbie,I'll be down on Wednesday to have a look,that is providing I don't get lumbered with home duties!

terry

• 4 weeks later...

Happy to report that we had a good nights racing at "Culver City",for those who may not be aware is Steve Bushells track at lovely Gorokan on the Central Coast.

We had 7 turn up for the nights racing,we lost a couple of possible starters because of "Domestic Committments",however the nights racing provided us with the usual mix of close racing,hard luck stories and downright "I should have gone better if it wasn't for the......."

So,on the night we ran NC1 category,Scaley LMP,Scaley Trans Am,GT cars(thank you Doug for the expanded listing),and finally the Japanese GT cars.

Being Steves' home track he was always going to be hard to beat on the night,but then again he's always going to be hard to beat wherever we race,so last night was no exception.

Overall points score for the night was:

Steve 46points

Tim/Pete(repete) equal on 40 points

Westy 38 points

Doug/Terry equal on 36 points

Greg ( had to leave early,Dinner with the little lady) ,32 points

Thanks Steve and Helen, for having us over for the night,lovely supper and yes,the bloody pizzas!

Our next nights racing will be up at marks at Largs on the 9th June for a 2PM kick off.

Looking forward to this one,we haven't raced at marks for a while,new layout 4 laner should be good!

See you there.

terry

Theres' no doubt that we have to have our Hornsby Vintage racing,and the Hornsby facility is 2nd to none,always clean and well maintained,with good track power and 2 great smooth wood tracks.

"Club" racing is a very different thing,frankly its something that I have been after for a while,its a great atmosphere where your racing is very casual and the agenda informal,we do have nice suppers and coffee and tea are always very much appreciated!Our racing agenda for the night should really only cover about 3 hours racing,we always take about 6 hours to get through our night,bs sessions are very much part of the night.

Whats' best?Neither, they are both as enjoyable,but in very different ways.

Terry

• 1 month later...

Somebody forgot the camera!So heres a pic of westys tack where we ran our last nights meet.

Last night we had a run at westys place at mayfield (west) and amongst all the flooding and havoc in the area,especially good to see gary and mark make it from flood surrounded Largs,and a good turn up with 8 racers in all.

So,after sorting out the software on the lap timers,and avoiding the deluge sweeping under our feet from the storm outside we had 5 classes to run.

Ninco Jap Gt's,Scaley Porsche GTR3's(bit of a rethink coming up on this class,as some had the older button mag variety,some had the newer bar mag, and hot motored variety,so we'll have to split those apart I think for the future),Lemans Classic sports,GT's,and the A1 GP cars.

Westys track is a 4 laner Scaley sport and at times can be a little scatey,so for some car control was an issue,especially with the mag upfront,wasn't a problem with the A1's though "cause you can't move the mag",bloody quick cars,had some BIG offs!

Thanks to Mark,Gary,Tim,Steve,Greg,Doug and Josie,me(terry),and especially to westy for putting on the night,it was lousy weather on the night so all the more enjoyable to see such a turn out,

To Doug and Josie,hope the water damage to your place is fixed soon as poss.

So after much piss taking and bs the overall results for the nights racing:

1.Steve 41points

2.Westy 37 points

3.Greg 30 points

4.Terry 28 points

5.Gary and Mark ( equal ) 27 points

7.Tim 16 points

8.Doug 13 points.

So,westy finally had the chance to have something other than pizza for supper,the KFC is still running around inside me!I hope you are now happy!

Next round is at Tims',new Ninco track down at Umina by the sea.

Terry

Edited by terry

Hi Jamie,

I was heading up but as the weather was quite horrible on Saturday i decided to give it a miss. We spent the long weekend out at Forbes for the FB-EK Holden Nationals, then i had to go to Umina on the Tuesday to check for damage to our caravan following the wild storms, Umina got hit by a mini cyclone ( hope you were ok Tim ).

Anyway I'll have to go to the next meet up at Umina as i have a place to stay up there, but after last weekend only just.

Regards,

Tony

ITG

• 4 weeks later...

Happy to report that we had our monthly meet at Tims' at Umina last night.Tim had described the upcoming nights racing as Al Fresco" we weren't really sure what all this would mean,we did once we got to Tims.

Sorry for the lousy pic,it was getting dark,Tims track is a Ninco 2 laner set on a table with trolley wheels so he can move it around should he wish,bit like Queensland raceway in its layout,very quick.

On the night we had 12 starters,although Graham had to shoot through early,but a great turn out for the nights racing.

Good to have some visitors,Tony(in the Groove) with son Josh,who is quick,nearly as quick as dad,and Mick,good to see you on the night boys and hope you enjoyed the racing.

Classes for the night were,NC1 cars,Scaley DTM,Historic Sports(Ferrari P4's and GT40's),GT's(DBR9's,Corvettes,Vipers,etc)and to finish off A1 GP cars.

We didn't expect the racing to be tight ,as it turned out ,we had 4 racers finishing level for the night.

Tim 46 points

Josh 46 points

Westy 46 points

Steve 46 points

Newso 44 points

Shaun 40 points

Tony 38 points

Doug 36 points

Troy 34 points

Pete 32 points

Mick 30 points

Some epic battles during the nights racing,again the A1's(because of the magnet assist) were quick as anything on the night but also provided us with the biggest prangs.

Big thank you to Tim,Anna and Angela for making us all feel very welcome,lots of nibbles and a VERY nice Spaghetti Marinara to have for dinner,certainly setting a very high standard,it was cold out in "The Shed",but we all survived okay.

DougandTim.jpg

Tim and Doug hard at it

Next meet will be in Largs(now flood free) at Marks 4 laner on the 11th August.

Terry

Edited by terry

I'll second that we sure did have a good night

Thanks to Tim and family for looking after us

Thanks to Terry for running the night

I'm not sure whether to blame my result on the pesky magnuts or the moonshine Tim provided B)

But hey it was my night off so I decided I was going to let my hair down and have a good time do nothing to help and take the opportunity to bitch and moan about everything as I was not resposnible :)

plus another excuse was that my birthday was only last weekend :lol:

I new I was in trouble when I caught myself skipping :ph34r:

Till next time

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Sorry I missed but was preparing the 1:1 car for last Sunday, where we took the class again. 6 starts 5 wins, an outright win and a new class/track record at Tamworth.

Look forward to Marks.

Cheers Garry

mkhana177lp4.jpg

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

• 3 weeks later...

Just had our August monthly meet,this time at Marks',out in the country at Largs,good to suck in the fresh air, watch the birds fly by, nice,but I digress,good racing,close and good to have a run on Marks layout.

Sorry,no pics I got all inspired on the racing front and left the camera at home,like a dill!

So,5 classes,V8's(is it me,or do these cars feel more like dinosaurs every time we take them out),Trans Am(or should it be called the Camaro challenge),DTM's,LMP's(who suggested this category?) and to finish off for the 3rd time in as many months,the A1 GP cars.

It took a little while for the out of towners to settle in,the V8's were a handful,well actually I found them to be a handful! We started to settle down once we moved into the Trans Am's and DTM's.The LMP cars were diabolical,the Scaley cars were disastrous and Steves' Ninco BMW wasn't a lot better,the SCX Dome cars were the ticket.The luck of the draw saw the A1 cars finish off proceedings and as usual were fast and furious,Tim enjoyed this class as he took 2 wins with his Aussie car,must be the first time the Aussie A1 team has had 2 wins on the same day!

It was always going to be tough for the visitors as Mark and Gary had been hard at it with no doubt many hours of practice,Gary is always hard to beat and that proved to be the case on the night.

Final points for the night:

Gary 45 points

Steve 40

Tim 30

Mark/Terry 29

Pete 25

Thanks to Mark and Shirley for having us over for the night,it was good to get back to Largs after all the trouble with floods.

Edited by terry
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Last Saturday night saw us racing at Robs place at Jilliby,out in the country, sucking in the clean unpolluted air,the birds, the trees,it was so nice!

We had a few absentees,unavoidable family circumstances et all,as usual a good nights racing, on Robs 4 lane classic scaley layout.

Luck of the draw meant we were to run DTM,Aussie V8's,NC1,Scaley Porsches,and to finish off A1 GP cars.

Funny thing was that after all our thrashing around we had a muck around and we brought out the P4 Ferraris,and on Robs 4 laner they were a real blast,so although the P4's weren't part of our schedule I reckon they were as much fun as anything else.

Nice to be able to run on a 4 laner,good stuff.

Well,the racing was typical of our group,Steve was always going to be the one to beat,his cars are always ready for the nights racing and he's always up for the nights racing,this night was to prove no different!

Rob showed good speed on his home track and yours truly was trying,Greg was always "there" and Doug was his usual laconic laid back self,but in the end Steve ended up on top for the night(he says thats his preferred position).

Final points score for the nights racing:

Steve 69points

Rob 59

Terry 57

Greg 54

Doug 34

Many thanks to Rob and Liza for having us over for the night,although we were a little down on numbers we all had a great night,nice to sit down and enjoy the BBQ,the mozzies we there to make us all feel welcome!

Have to make the point that the cheeses were superb,thank you Liza!

Next meet is at Steves for the 15th.

See you all then.

Terry

• 3 months later...

Finally!

Our first meeting for 2008 was held at "Umina Hills",Tims picturesque Ninco layout,set amongst the trees,the vegie garden,and the bloody dogs wanting to play ball ALL the time,(don't they know theres' some serious racing going on here?)

It won't be long before Tim will be picking the corn and pumpkin,but those funny tall plants in the corner of the yard don't need those sun lamps on them Tim,they'll grow real fine on their own!

So,after 3 months of summer hiatus we kicked off the first meet of the year with V8 Supercars,Ninco Jap GT,and the ever popular NC1 category.

mixedpix064.jpg

Saturdays host Tim,nice shirt Tim!

NC1's.

As usual This is a always a closely run thing and heat winners were Steve(big surprise that one)and Greg,fastest lap was Terry(me) with a 9.330

mixedpix062.jpg

2nd of our 3 classes for the night were the Ninco Jap Gt's,the NC5 ones,we knew these would be fast and we were not disappointed,Steve took the overall class win,with heat wins to Tim,Terry,Doug and Rob,fastest lap to Steve with a 8.28.This was a great class,quick but close in all heats,no carnage just good clean fast racing.

mixedpix054.jpg

Final class was the V8's,haven't raced these for ages,and it showed for most of us were having trouble,Rob was quick in the Red Rock Dick Johnson car and he was the stand out in this class,even though Tim and Rob finished with 2 heat wins each Rob was quick!Other heat winners were Greg and Terry.

Fastest lap went to Rob 9.628

So that was our first run for this year and it was a great nights racing,t'was good to be back,after the nights racing was done we dragged the Slot Its out for a run,I don't think we'd run these on plastic before,they were terrific on the Ninco plastic!Tim turned the power down to 10 or 11 volts and we had a lot of fun with these super little cars.

We will have to include these cars in our next visit to Tims.

Overall point score for the night was:

Steve 16 points

Tim 16 points

Greg 15 points

Terry 15 points

Rob 15 points

Doug 11 points.

Next meeting is at Steves' on the 15th March,we'll be runningTrans Am,Nascar(for the good old boys) and Ninco Jap GT.

Terry

Edited by terry

• 2 months later...

Don't know who might be interested,but our little group is looking for new members,we have lost a few souls of late for various reasons and would like to know if anyone is interested in joining up with a group of like minded ratbags who race every 3 weeks or so at various venues from Newcastle down to the Central Coast.

We run on home tracks,at this stage all plastic,cars are run as standard,magnet moved to the front where possibe.

If anyones interested send me a PM(whatever that is) and we can get together for a chat.

Terry

If anyones interested send me a PM(whatever that is) and we can get together for a chat.

Terry

Hey Terry

PM stands for "personal message"

Anyway mate no news from tims?

As one of the lost souls I never knew what I was getting myself into when I opened the raceway and it seems to have taken over much of my life had a party in saturday arvo and then laid 300mtrs of braid on sunday

I keep hoping I'll get it all under control soon and I might be able to do somthing else every now and then

Cheers all

Pete

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Don't know who might be interested,but our little group is looking for new members,we have lost a few souls of late for various reasons and would like to know if anyone is interested in joining up with a group of like minded ratbags who race every 3 weeks or so at various venues from Newcastle down to the Central Coast.

We run on home tracks,at this stage all plastic,cars are run as standard,magnet moved to the front where possibe.

Terry

Keep pumping it up on this Forum Terry, you will get some more starters I'm sure. Maybe you could arrange an intercity event one afternoon/evening.

"PM(whatever that is)" There is an ex PM on the front of the Mr Sheen can - now that would create some carnage! ;):D :D

FS

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Pardon the interruption guys,

That is a superb looking 2 lane layout. Does the owner have the layout as a file in one of the track designer programs by any chance........

I know I could probably create it by trial and error in a designer, but I'm a lazy so and so.......

Cheers

Mark

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi Pete,

You've created a monster there mate! Doesn't seem that long ago I was ringing to ask if it was okay to pop down for a run in your garage!

Last Saturday night was at Tims' place,had to have been our closest nights racing ever!

For a change we ran SCX F1 non mag,Audi90's,Nascar and our favourite NC1's.

Tims track is great and always produces great racing,we had lots of finishes where we were seperated by a car length,terrific stuff!

Sorry no pics,the photographer forgot the camera(Hmmm)

Overall points score for the night were:

Steve 38 points

Terry 32points

Greg 30 points

Tim 28 points

Yes,we were down on numbers but as usual a great nights racing,the southerly hit about 6PM and we almost got blown away!Debris on the track,strong head wind to drive into,so bad it was declared a wet race night,thats al fresco racing for you,but all good,and not to dwell too much on the subject,as discussed in other parts of the forum,all racing on a healthy and robust 13 volts! YAHOO!!!

Hey Mark,sorry but what you see is all we have for the layout,its a good one.

Terry

Edited by terry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just back from Doug and Josies place,after a good days racing.

scaley V8's,SCX Nascar and Trans Am.

After a delayed start,thank you Greg,and after much bs sessions,we got down to the Trans Am's on Dougs 2 lane SCX layout,followed by ScaleyV8's and finishing off with the Nascars.

No surprises on the night as Steve finished on top,on equal points was Rob,nice Falcon Rob,and very quick No.9 Nascar!Greg was next followed by Terry ,then Doug.

Sorry to hear that Tim was not well enough to make the night,gave us someone to talk about though.

Thanks to Doug and Josie for putting on the night,next meet will be at Robs for the 19th but that will be confirmed.

I'll have some pics for the next round,bit boring when theres' no pics!

Terry

Edited by terry

• 3 months later...

Well after a few missed race reports,by coincidence we just finished our nights racing at Doug and Josies again.

The day started with a phone call from SWMBO to get home quick!A swarm of bees has invaded our home and my presence was needed,immediately!

Wasn't quite sure what I was supposed to do but anyway it wasn't the time to argue.

Once we got the bee man to check out the situation I was back to Dougs for some racin'.

So,after all that,a good days racing was had by all.

Good to have Rob E as a visitor,nice stuff Rob,some nice cars to drool over and take for a taste drive,but back to the racing.

Today we ran Ninco NC1,Jap GT,Trans Am,V8's and to finish off nascar.

there will always be hard luck stories but as usual the same names appeared at the top of the results for the days racing

Steve 48 points

Greg 42 points

Rob F 42 points

Doug 36 points

Rob E 36 points

Terry 36 points

Next meet at Robs 1st November,will we get to test the new timing system Rob?

Terry

terry 36 points.

Good nights racing thanks again to Doug and Josie for having us over

• 2 weeks later...

Last night we ran at Robs in the wilds of Jilliby.

Robs track is a 4 lane classic scaley track and up till last night had no real timing system,all that was about to change as Rob had taken the decision to install a new Startline system from Armchair.

It was always going to be a night of "bedding in " the new system.

When I arrived at Robs all was not well,the new system is in but not doing what its been told,Rob is not happy!As the afternoon/early evening progresses Rob is definitely not a happy camper!

Fortunately we had a couple of non starters(wedding to go to,getting mentally up for a new job to start Monday,wifes crook.....)so it was good in a way that we had a few less than normal.

But wait!!Rob gets an email away to aastes SOS type of thing,the phone rings and Steves' on the blower.....like ah "whats up mate?"

After a bit of tooing and frowing its seen to be that our intrepid track owner(read Rob) has crossed the wires somewhere,and after a bit of muttering and so on we are ready to hit the go button.

Robs now got a smile on his face.

What a great nights racing!

We did all the formats,quick race,points race,fuel race,we had a ball!The fuel race at the end of a long day was a cracker,it introduced another dimension to our racing,lots of screaming.."Oh s#!t I missed my pit,I'm out of fuel",sort of thing.

Has to have been one of our more enjoyable nights,thanks Rob and Liza for putting up with us old tarts for the night .

Many thanks to Steve (aastes) for the technical back up,reinforces the decision to buy a locally made system,your system is great(I'm a happy lad as I have Startline in a box awaiting the new track).

Results for the night....I've got no idea,as we just were happy to have a run with the new system,but I reckon it would have been something like:

1.Steve

2.Rob

3.Tim and terry

Thats close enough to the mark.

Great fun

Terry

Next meet 22nd November at Steves'

• gazza unpinned this topic