Ninco Jags Rates 4 Slicks

1 reply to this topic

#1 bump

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:41 PM

Have to say i was suitably impressed with the performance of the latest version of Ninco's Jaguar in our Ninco Classic non-mag race. Jamie's Jag was right on the pace but Jake's was fresh out of the box and yet right up there as well.

For an out of the box car, with only a few minutes of tuning by Vince just before its first race, to do so well is remarkable and a testament to the improvements Ninco is making with its current Classic models.

The latest version of the Jaguar has the sprung guide system whereas earlier versions have the unsprung guide. Although this seems to make the car sit up a bit nose-high, it certainly didn't causes the drivers' any problems and handling was most impressive in the tighter turns. Both cars seemed to hook up very well and keep pace with other more tuned and broken-in Ninco Classics even though the body style with hardtop would lead you to expect a higher centre of gravity. Jake's car will obviously get better as the motor is run in and the driver gets more track time with it.

Overall rating has to be 4 slicks based on a very impressive out-of-box performance, clearly race-winning potential there.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

#2 Jacob

Kart Driver

• Staff
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:50 PM

A few mods have been done to the car now also, and it is very quick on our track, a little over half a second slower than the quickest of our slot-it audi's. Sits on the track very nice now, with a little lowering, and the guide stays in the rails very well, allowing me to take corners at great speed, and still keep that speed all the way through.

We'll see how it compares at the next race meeting when I can race it up against the rest of the pack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users