Jabob

Show Us Your Digital Track :)

Phew ten posts on the forum and he is already having a rant!! :unsure: or is a lesson?? :blink: dont know dont care...................hehe.........tileguy....love your work champ!! You stick it to us scenery plebiscites fella!!!! Go you good thang!!!

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

G'day Fellas i just thought it would be a good idea to see peoples digital track,

(i need some ideas for my track) :nice:

Hi I'm new guy Ched,

This is my track the Munger Ring. I'ts ssd and obviously a work in progress.

Race1s.jpg

NightPittss.jpg

MR1.jpg

PS I just got my pit lane diverter and some single track, can't wait to get it installed. :nice:

Happy to share,

I've used a few different techniques around the track. To make the Limestone brick wall, I first cut a sheet of hard styrofoam about 10mm thick with a hot wire cutter. I then cut in the brick pattern with a fine tooth hack-saw blade. Drawing the blade away from the cut of the teeth to avoid tearing the foam and using a ruler to guide the blade. I next applied a fairly thick coat of creamy coloured acrylic paint with a soft 1 inch brush. Next I made a mask by cutting a 'brick' sized hole in a piece of acetate, then used this to airbrush on some 'Burnt Sienna' acrylic over randomly selected bricks. Paint some bricks whole and others just a lite fog on one end or middle for a natural effect. Then repeat the process with some white, but only doing a few with the white seems to look best. Then I finished of with a little bit of oil pastel smudged around, using light grey, white and light brown.

The rougher looking bricks at the side of the tunnel are cut with a hack-saw blade instead of the hot wire for a change of texture.

The rock wall towards the back of the track was made from broken pieces of styrofoam which I split whith a razor blade and glued to a piece of 'Bristol board' wich was already cut to size [i use PVA wood glue for this sort of stuff]. Then I painted in a simillar fashion to the previous except all the airbrushing was done freehand. I was trying to copy an old photo of Monaco F1 which showed the lovely limestone retaining walls.

At the far end of the Track which is hard see in the photos shown I've been messing around with a bluestone effect that I'm quite pleased with. I'll have to take some shots and post them. I hope that's of some help. :)

Ched, very nice job on the entire track from what I can see...........Its interesting you picked the foam for the medium for your walls.........Most would have made this from plaster and carved it......Your approach was very unique (and time consuming i'll bet) Your painting skills are excellent...........And you know what they say about SKILLS.....

Women LOVE a guy with SKILLS :aussie:

Tileguy

Thanks for the compliment. I come from an aero modeling history so I build light.

ShortSt.jpg :aussie:

:)

ched, that scenery looks great!

If you ever need extra people for testing purposes, i only live just round the corner in Delahey, plus i think i could talk sax0607 into coming along aswell. hehehe.

another local SSD track to run on !!

ched ,

as mentioned by espsix , if you need any testing done :purplebounce: , I will would be interested ,also if you are interested at having a run on another SSD track , drop me a PM

sax

another local SSD track to run on !!

ched ,

as mentioned by espsix , if you need any testing done :) , I will would be interested ,also if you are interested at having a run on another SSD track , drop me a PM

sax

Sounds great guys

I've got to sort some trouble I'm having whith the jack plugs on the power base. I'm going tap wires of the board an use dick smith type plugs. As soon as I;ve got it sorted I'll let you know. love to have a go on your track to! :)

Ched, i unsoldered the sockets from the PB board, and hard wired mine.

Oh, my track should be ready for a test/race session in the next few days. :blink: