Show Us Your Digital Track :)

Jabob

Jabob,

here you go

Mill Park Raceway,

33m (lane length) of highly modified SSD

dcp9020lb3.jpg

sax

Highly modified seems something of an understatement sax. I'd say geneticially modifed, surgically enhanced and selectively bred for 10 generations might get closer, say . . terminator 4 more or less.

I;ve drooled over your track pics a few times.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Glad to see you recovered from the Devestation Sax :rolleyes:

Heres a bit of mine a work in progress..............will be a work in progress for quite some time :)

Pitlaneright.jpg

PitLaneleft.jpg

wall2.jpg

I am going for an older track appearance. One that has seen use abuse and is cared for kind of haphazardly....Pretty much Sebring without all the Blue ;)

Working on this corner recently.........The track has been Grouted in with sanded floor grout.

Disaster6adj.jpg

Here ive added Kitty litter and painted the grout to match the track

Graveltrap01.jpg

And here ive added some weedage and bales (these may be moved further back as they are not attached yet)Ive also tried to get the look of rubber blobs on and around the track.

SlotScenery003.jpg

Tileguy love the background show me when you have finished the landscaping.

Happy to share with all here, I hope you are patient though..........I am in No hurry and our summer is upcoming which means i'll be spending more time out of doors.With warm weather I enjoy (when I'm not working)riding motorcycle, canoeing/camping/fishing and of course our Polaris Expedition 4x4.

We are just coming out of our cold season here and the only snow left is on the north side of houses or the dark shady spots in the woods............So, I do have a little time yet to do some track work before I get to playing at Grizzly Adams for the short summer :P

One of my favorite past times....Trout fishing with the bears :D

ToddCascade2.jpg

I am going for an older track appearance. One that has seen use abuse and is cared for kind of haphazardly....Pretty much Sebring without all the Blue :P

Tracks looking great Tileguy, especially the stone wall (very effective look B) ). Reckon you've got that corner down pat too.

Look forward to seeing more of your progress as you get closer to completion. Hoping to finally make a much overdue start to our track this weekend :rolleyes: . Will start with the usual frame pics for posting early next week.

Hey Sax, really like the copper look of the track now, hope there wasn't too much carnage with the spill.

John.

slots018.jpg

slots020.jpg

slots013.jpg

Scenery Shmenery..............lifes to short lets just race!!!

This track takes about 8.5 secs to complete a lap in digital mode.

As yet to make any mods to my powerbase.

Slowly but surely getting some cars chipped.............its still galls me to buy a digital chip for half the price of a car though. Those porsches are good value considering you can rip the chip out of em and still have a fun little car to race on analogue.

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

Well here are my two tracks...

PJR slotracing

Red track is 30 to 35 secs a lap

Edit1.jpg

Blue track is 20 to 25 secs a lap

edit2-1.jpg

Red track has double powerbase mod care of Rick Field (Aussie slotter)

And the blue one soon will!!

Both have seperate power for lc's and both are powered by d3800 power supplies

Both have raised driver platforms with throttle points in front of the driver positions,as well as other points around the tables

Phil

Well here are my two tracks...

PJR slotracing

Red track is 30 to 35 secs a lap

Good to see the blue track up and running Phil.

The Red track seems to have a lot more added since I was there Jan.

With a bit of luck I hope to be down there again late May with some from Wagga.

Regards Mel

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I'm with smallnails, "Scenery Shmenery..............lifes to short lets just race!!!"

Dosn't make the cars go any quicker. hehehe.

I certainly do not begrudge the pure racer his idea of whats best and works for him, to each his own. B)

Certainly will save you time and money............It just wouldnt feel right to me however having no scenery. Somehow the scenery just makes the cars Look better :)

Some guys are simply afraid to try doing scenery......... :unsure: Ya'll aint scaredy cats are ya :P :love:

:love: ....Bloody hell PhilR :unsure: ....how do you marshall those things B)

Awesome stuff!!

Phil would have to kill you if he told you. Works very well. You need to go there to find out!

@ Tileguy: These are commercial tracks and the layout can be changed regularly to make it interesting.

Flipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I'm with smallnails, "Scenery Shmenery..............lifes to short lets just race!!!"

Dosn't make the cars go any quicker. hehehe.

I certainly do not begrudge the pure racer his idea of whats best and works for him, to each his own. B)

Certainly will save you time and money............It just wouldnt feel right to me however having no scenery. Somehow the scenery just makes the cars Look better :)

Some guys are simply afraid to try doing scenery......... :unsure: Ya'll aint scaredy cats are ya :P :love:

No, just LAZY! :):P:lol::lol:

Edited by espsix

Tileguy: These are commercial tracks and the layout can be changed regularly to make it interesting.

Flipside

I kinda figured that but.........there are no FREE SHOTS in this world..........If your going to take a shot at the guys who spend so much time dressing up there tracks (no matter how small a shot it may seem) Youve simply got to Pay!! B)

Were all in this together, The Pure racers, the laid back Modeling Slot guy, The Scenic Realist, the tin plate toylike layout guy. The guy who routes and the guy who buys plastic......... Without ALL of these varieties of folks involved in Slotcars it could possibly be the end of Slot Cars as a viable industry........It's a combined effort from all of the different and diverse folks that has brought Slotcars back from the brink of annialation & Because of ALL of those guys into scenery & realism, we all have More cars to choose from that are a far cry from their predeccessors of years ago. The fit and finish on todays Box Stock Slotcars wasnt an accident & more and more folks want better and truer to scale products.

As the pure racer is demanding of his tire choices, engine mods etc

The Finescale scenic Modeler has led the fight for better looking equipment that is true to scale and the variety of quality models coming out has never been better.

So, while I know that their was probobly no real malice in the remark scenery schmenery, I'm a scenery guy and damn proud of it and I know the amount of commitment it takes to create a scenic layout & will defend the efforts of scenery modelers from remarks that truly are uneccessary!!

Analog/Digital

Scenery/No scenery

1/32 - 1/24

My dads tougher than your dad........... Man lifes really too short to sweat these petty differences, THAT is what lifes too short for!! :unsure:

Ok ive said my piece and i'll leave it at that........Were all brothers under the same banner...The Checkered Flag!!!