New Track In Mackay

CAB77

We are starting up a business which will include a 8 lane routed track for comercial use. Could anyone tell me where the best place to order stock from that will have it in stock and ready to be shiped. We have made a large order with an importer for cars controllers and rentals. Just we still need parts and spares that we would like to order and not wait for.

Anyone on here that lives in Mackay???

• 3 months later...
Can anyone provide an update on this??

I've heard through the grapevine that it is in Baker's Creek.

<_<

Yep its in Bakers creek 2 temples lane to be precise using thge main St Entrance heres some pics of the place

SLICK7.JPG

SLICK7_1.JPG

SLICK7_2.JPG

SLICK7_3.JPG

SLICK7_4.JPG

SLICK7_5.JPG

Is that a 125ft Flashtrack? looks like a mirror image of my old track and very similar to the one now in Zeehan here in Tassie.

Phil

It is a 171ft flashtraxx track as far as I know it spent its life in a Funzome in Rockhampton before being in storage for 10 years in Mackay.

171ft flashtraxx

That is a very big Flash Track or has it had some extras added?

Phil

I couldnt tell you if this has been modified from its original state or not. I know that is was setup in rocky as above. Thats as much history I can spread on this track.

• 2 weeks later...

:P

i Raced on that track in it's original home in Rockhampton before it went to Funzone 171 ft is it's oringinal size

it was a great track to race on all the best with your new venture

171ft flashtraxx

That is a very big Flash Track or has it had some extras added?

Phil

I couldnt tell you if this has been modified from its original state or not. I know that is was setup in rocky as above. Thats as much history I can spread on this track.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Adrian,

Any chance of pics of the track without the covers?

I heard that you have kicked off some racing.

What are you racing, and how did it go?

:rolleyes:

I have the photos here but I have no way of hosting the pics at the moment can I email them to someone to put them up for me.

We race stokers on a wednesday night and I have been usaully getting 10 to 15 drivers over the past few weeks. My rules are very simple standard cars with deathstar sealed standard engines. Thursday nights I will have a class called Renagades starting this week. This is race what you bring style of racing but the catch is I will set the min lap time to 6 secs so if you go under that your lap want count. Should be interesting I have alot of customers lapping on that 6 sec mark all in diferent style of cars just gives them something to race. There will be a winged wompy on the grid right up to a hotted up 4.5" nascar. so the grid should be a real site. I will get photos of that as well.

• 1 month later...

Slick7Raceway.jpg

This is how it looks without covers.....

Beautiful old Flashtrax Track, still in good condition, lovely to drive on.

Tried it two weeks ago using Plafit Cars. The track is best suited for non-high speed racing because of its age.

Very long track, mostly full throttle.

GT40.jpg

Check out their new range of 1/24 and 1/32 Model Racing Cars including this Ford GT40.

Looking forward to a 2008 QLD Championship Round in Mackay.

Cheers

Werner

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...