kalbfellp

Sneak Preview

Autobarn have the powerplus range of paints in rattle cans. There is a colour called Mandarin Red which according to their charts is the closest match to Vermillion Fire (paint code 6). I've done a 65E using this colour. I'll try to post a pic tonight.

A lot of photo's in books vary in colour and when displayed on a screen will vary as well. I am happy with the way Mandarin Red looks 'in the flesh' whilst others may think it is not quite right.

A number of Autobarn stores will also mix paint in rattle cans for you.

Alan Stubbings

There is a colour called Mandarin Red which according to their charts is the closest match to Vermillion Fire (paint code 6). I've done a 65E using this colour. I'll try to post a pic tonight.

A lot of photo's in books vary in colour and when displayed on a screen will vary as well. I am happy with the way Mandarin Red looks 'in the flesh' whilst others may think it is not quite right.

Carefull there Alan! Mandarin Red is a Holden color! The Ford boys will hunt you down and skin you alive!!!!

Don't say you weren't warned mate!he he :)

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

There is a colour called Mandarin Red which according to their charts is the closest match to Vermillion Fire (paint code 6). I've done a 65E using this colour. I'll try to post a pic tonight.

Carefull there Alan! Mandarin Red is a Holden color! The Ford boys will hunt you down and skin you alive!!!!

Don't say you weren't warned mate!he he :)

According to the Power Plus charts there are 2 Ford, 2 Holden, 3 Mitsubishi, 1 Hyundai, 1 Nissan, 3 Volkswagen and even a Volvo colour that share the same code. Looks like I might be in trouble with a lot of people.

Alan Stubbings

If anyone realy is that perdantic I can always look up the Formula i am sure that I still have mix books from about that period.

Dick: When I get time I will do a step by step when I build my XW.

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

I was mistaken on the Signal Red. The other one I got was Track Red. i will see how they look but I think they will at least be closer than the model paints.

I like yours Alan they look very close to the 1/18 scale 65E I have. What wheels are you using and where did you source them?

I was mistaken on the Signal Red. The other one I got was Track Red. i will see how they look but I think they will at least be closer than the model paints.

I like yours Alan they look very close to the 1/18 scale 65E I have. What wheels are you using and where did you source them?

They are from BWA. I think the part number was 32001

Edited by Alan Stubbings

Alan Stubbings

Dick: When I get time I will do a step by step when I build my XW.

Thank you Phil!

Meanwhile check these two, looks like some good tips in both, and an area I eventually want to get into

http://www.graymalkin.co.uk/buildit.html

http://www.freewebs.com/atadd/howtobuildaslotcar.htm

Cheers

Glenn

Cheers

Glenn

just a quick question, the front body mounts on my shell only appear to come about halfway across the screw holes of the chassis. Anyonyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

blue95: recheck that the chassis is located propery,the mounts should be correct as the same inner was used for all the bodies and mine fits well. I am happy to either replace the body. The other option is to cut out the front mounts and repave them with either styrene (evergreen) 3/16 tube or several guys also use builders plugs for mounts.

Phil

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

just a quick question, the front body mounts on my shell only appear to come about halfway across the screw holes of the chassis. Anyonyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

I had the same issue so I cut the posts down slightly and screwed in a strip of 2mm thick sheet styrene across the front and rear posts. I made it wide enough to come out past the mounting holes on the chassis. It is actually quite a firm mounting which I will use on the other two bodies I have if they are the same. Just be careful with the height so you don't have to add spacers if you go too far. I haven't posted pics as there are plenty of cars with undercoat and I would like to show something meaningful. This is my first go at a resin body so I am taking my time.

Here's a couple of pics of mine. Will be one of Alan Moffat's but I will be leaving the Scalextric Trans Am wheels on this one. Our Trans Am class allows Scalextric Trans Am running gear only and this will be my race car for the year. I am yet to tidy up the body mounts to fit the Ninco guide, yes we do allow a guide change but you get the idea. This is my first resin but it is not hard if you are careful and patient. I am using quite large 4 gauge screws on the front but they have a very good grip on the styrene sheet I used to mount the body so I am happy with it. Some more work this weekend but it has been raining so much in Sydney I have not been brave enough to start a colour coat yet.

XY01.jpg

XY02.jpg

XY03.jpg

Looking good Vinno, I haven't tried that method of body mounting before, must give it a go.

Cheers

Alan

Alan Stubbings

I gave the XY a run as is to see how it goes compared to my Trans Am's and it is right in the middle as far as lap times go. It was light at 82 grams but once it has an interior, some weight and a Ninco Sprung guide it will be right on the money. I am looking forward to having it running.

update on the Joan Goose car

haven't mounted the chassis yet need to get some wheels [which ones do those inserts fit Phil?] at the moment its a ba falcon chassis under it, wheels need to be yellow for this car and the tyres are too wide to fit under the guards properly so still a bit of work to do

dscn1696ke4.th.jpg

dscn1694ke6.th.jpg

update on the Joan Goose car

haven't mounted the chassis yet need to get some wheels [which ones do those inserts fit Phil?] at the moment its a ba falcon chassis under it, wheels need to be yellow for this car and the tyres are too wide to fit under the guards properly so still a bit of work to do

dscn1696ke4.th.jpg

dscn1694ke6.th.jpg

It is looking a treat Viv I am not happy with the colour of mine and when I applied the clear coat it made the outline of the transfers stand out to much. I am back to the drawing board sand back remove decals and repaint

Charlie

which ones do those inserts fit Phil?

I had the same problem so I just sanded the inserts very thin and glued them to the Scalex Minilights on the Mustang chassis.

The BA chassis is a little wider so the rear needs to be narrowed, I just narrowed the BA wheels,turned out the front enough to fit the inserts and used some narrow tyres, Ninco 9mm wide I think.

Must get around to doing a xw to go on that chassis!

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

thanks Phil I was thinking of some metal wheels that the inserts will fit .will have a look around next time i'm in the big smoke.

Viv

Viv, Alan Stubbings said this a few reply's ago.

"They are from BWA. I think the part number was 32001"

I don't know any that would fit the Scalextric Trans Ams tyres that are available here.