Sneak Preview

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
The news is ....... that the same mob that brought out the phase 2 & 3 in die-cast is bringing out the charger next.

RTCharger.jpg

img125.jpg

If so ....... i'll put an order in for two, thanks Phil :lol: :lol: :( :D

The Chargers are due out around March next year

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

• 1 month later...

About time some one posted some pics of a build. Well done Viv,one of the most recent people to get abody and the first to post some pics.

By the look you are using the BA chassis,IMO the rear of the chassis need some thing to hide it possibly a drop tank!

Can't wait to see pics of the finished car.

Phil

Haven't decided on the chassis yet Phil just pulled that one from under marco's ride to take the pic, thats just the first coat of blue found a few more little spots that needed attention so it has had another rub back, but not good painting weather the last couple of days.

Viv

Viv,the later ones do need a bit of spot putty!

To convert to the Super falcon needs a bit of work! But Dave Bantoft has been busy doing one that I will mould when he is happy with the result.

med_gallery_89_703_33771.jpg

Not a good pic but Grille is changed,gas cap removed, shaker removed and the flares added.

I have printed the green stripes for him thanks to Graeme who sent me the graphics so I only had to change the colour.

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

thats looking good Phil. my body needed a fair bit of work as it was abit thin down the l/h side had to rebuild the sill and the front wheel arch but thats part of the game with resin bodies, will post some progress pics once the weather warms up

Viv

Here's mine in primer, not as flash as some others but I've never done a resin car before. I was going to paint it Super Falcon colours, but noe that there is going to be a Super Falcon shell (definitely put me down for one) I'll pick a Series production paint scheme. Got the white Mustang as a donor car, eventually the shell will become either a Brut 33 or Sidchrome Mustang.

l_8e73c5dc32da9a8d143f05cc2b4cfd81.jpg

You'll be happy to know I have been working on mine too Phil. I kept a body with a bit of pitting on the boot for myself to play with and have been working on getting the window frames and detail as sharp as I can. I may do 65E first but will have to see what paint I end up finding in a rattle can. I have been carving the door detail a bit sharper too in preparation for some undercoat.

You sure you can adapt that chassis you've got under it?

I'll keep it for an Eggenberger Sierra.

BTW. I'm going to go for the Bill Brown Falcon, didn't want a red one as my Moffatt Mustang is already red.

Edited by blue95

As a matter of interest regarding paint for the cars, there is a very good paint shop down the road from me. I had a look at their Dulux Autocolour book this afternoon. I didn't realise you could buy paint to order in rattle cans before until my brother in law who is a panel beater mentioned it.

From their book the colour Vermillion Fire was available from 1969 to 1970. This may be accurate for the first Phase 3's depending on when they first started readying the cars for racing.

Signal Red was the colour for 1971 according to their book which sounds closer to the car Moffat raced in the 1972 Championship. If anyone needs some more info let me know and I will have a look when I pick up the cans.

How does this sound Boss 302? Anyway I ordered a rattle can of each at $25.00 a can.

I asked about sending the cans but they said you can only courier spray cans. May bump up the price a bit.

The shop is KGP Paints at Emu Plains. They were very interested in what we are doing and very helpful. Also seemed knowlegable regarding classic car paints.

As a complete newbie to scratchbuilding and prepping/painting, could someone run thru the job with a how-to?

Listing what's needed to do the job would be very helpfull, too.

Cheers.

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Moffs cars were Brambles red But 65E was Vermillion Fire. Look back thru this thread.

Phil

I did but there seems some differing information out there. Once I looked at the colour chart it seems different again so I will see how they come up anyway.