Sneak Preview

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm drooling as I sit here Phil, the detail is fantastic. Let me know when to send money and I will send away. Bo and I are working on some rules to fit these in with the Scaley Trans Ams. How solid is the Resin in comparison to plastic if there is a way of finding out?

You've done a great job. :nice:

I have put mounts into the cars for both BA Chassis and Mustang chassis,I will post some pics of the set up so you can get some rules drawn up. The resins are a bit heavier than the plastics,I can always slush mould some light weights later!

hope to get some interiors made today as samples

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Alan,

Just used auto pure red tint.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I use rattle cans for painting. I know the original colour of the 71 XY GT was Brambles Red. The colour was used on the XW series. I have tried several autobarns to see if they could mix me a can but no one had the correct code. Does anybody know the colour code for Brambles Red? If not what is the nearest colour in the existing colours available. I have a degree of colour blindness, specifically a red/green deficiency, and I am useless at trying to match colours.

And whilst on the subject does anyone know the correct colour or paint code for the following cars;

Bill Brown's 71 XY GT

Murray Carter's 71 XY GT

Moffat's Brut 33 XB GT

Matich SR3

Matich SR4

Any help appreciated.

Alan

Alan Stubbings

Brambles red is paint code F117

Vermillion fire is paint code 6.

Note: Brambles red wasn't available on XY's. The factory race phase 1 and 2's were brambles red. The Moff 1972 and 73 Falcon (same car) was vermillion fire. Bit of conjecture about the colour of the car as raced at Bathurst in 71. David Bowden's site seems to imply brambles red but I think they have used a bit of bad english to confuse people. I believe the car has always been modelled as vermillion fire. Need to check......

Further to rpevious post found a forum that discussed this issue. Tending to lean towards 65E being brambles red - which is very close to vermillion fire anyway. See link below. Subsequent car was vermillion fire.

"http://forums.biante.com.au/archive/index.php/t-7347.html"

Thanks Boss, I'll see if autobarn can mix me a can or two.

This site has a large list of paint colours and codes but I couldn't find Brambles.

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/

Alan

Edited by Alan Stubbings

Alan Stubbings

Further to rpevious post found a forum that discussed this issue. Tending to lean towards 65E being brambles red - which is very close to vermillion fire anyway. See link below. Subsequent car was vermillion fire.

"http://forums.biante.com.au/archive/index.php/t-7347.html"

Thanks Boss, I'll see if autobarn can mix me a can or two.

This site has a large list of paint colours and codes but I couldn't find Brambles.

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/

Alan

No worries Alan!

See this link below for all the Falcon GT & HO paint codes.

"http://www.falcongtclub.org/PaintCodesXWXY.asp"

Yabba Dabba Doo...! It looks great. Finally ... a XY GTHO 1/32 Slot :mallet: Who cares what color. How do I get one..?

How good would that look next to a LJ Torana or a charger , or a XA Hardtop..?! What about a H? Monaro..

Err How busy are yer Phil... sir..?!

The way orders are piling up for the XY the XW and some other projects will have to wait, bloody work keeps interrupting my slot building.

Dave has done a great build on this body and makes my casting look good,can't wait to see the completed body and get it on the chassis sitting here.

But I do have plans of both an A9x and Monaro in 1/32 scale sitting around.

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

The way orders are piling up for the XY the XW and some other projects will have to wait, bloody work keeps interrupting my slot building.

Dave has done a great build on this body and makes my casting look good,can't wait to see the completed body and get it on the chassis sitting here.

But I do have plans of both an A9x and Monaro in 1/32 scale sitting around.

Phil

Phil

I would do the Monaro first. The A9X is one of the rumored cars to possibly get a run. Anyway as you say, by the time you have the time we should have an idea of the Classic Aussie cars being produced.