Sneak Preview

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bodies will start rolling off next week,inserts,glass and interior moulds still need to be made.

Phil

cant believe I missed this post.....Magoo will die if he does not have one of these almighty peices of slot car HISTORY......PLEASE, :( PLEASE, :) PLEASE :) can you make one for me :)

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

Carn't believe I nearly missed this post, in me slumber, Dont tell me I'm dream'n . I'll ave' 2 for a start :) . XY and XW. I got the Vermelion fire paint but not the #9 moffat decals. Pattto's not got em. Anyone know who has ? Rrr that'll be 2 please Phil.

Carn't believe I nearly missed this post, in me slumber, Dont tell me I'm dream'n . I'll ave' 2 for a start :rolleyes: . XY and XW. I got the Vermelion fire paint but not the #9 moffat decals. Pattto's not got em. Anyone know who has ? Rrr that'll be 2 please Phil.

Yes he has, you just need to follow his abbreviations.

Decals F to O Fd Flcon XY GTHO - Allan Moffat 1/32 $8

Only managed to get the rear spoiler mould done this weekend,and pored some wheels to alter so they are correct. Did pour a good body and cut it out,good news is that the Scalex BA Falcon will fit,but the wheels will need to be narrower,also the Nascar chassis will also fit,so will sort the wheels this week.

Phil

I think it's about time we raised Phil's profile from Ausloter to Demigod

I thought that was already done last week . . . .

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Yes he has, you just need to follow his abbreviations.

Decals F to O Fd Flcon XY GTHO - Allan Moffat 1/32 $8

I cant find the '#9' Moffat XY decals there. He has the # 1 and #65 . Could get away with combining Moffat mustang #9 , its got the Ansett decal too. The # 1 and 65 decal sheet doesn't have it. That'll mean buying 2 decal sheets though. Patto will be back after the 22/4/07.

How much will these bodies be Phil ? And which wheels are you casting ?

Not sure of the price as yet,still trying to get all the moulds finished. I will be doing 3 different wheel inserts, Globe,5 hole and 12 slotters,but they will not have caps as I think most people will be building race versions. i am at present fitting a BA Scalex chassis under the first body and trying to find suitable wheel options so i can include all the info to help builders. The mounting posts will be for the BA chassis.

phil

Not sure of the price as yet,still trying to get all the moulds finished. I will be doing 3 different wheel inserts, Globe,5 hole and 12 slotters,but they will not have caps as I think most people will be building race versions. i am at present fitting a BA Scalex chassis under the first body and trying to find suitable wheel options so i can include all the info to help builders. The mounting posts will be for the BA chassis.

phil

I remember Pete Geoghans GTHO "Super Falcon" had "Mini-Lites" or "Super-Lites" (not sure of correct name), but they were the same as the Scaley Mustangs have. This could be an easy option. (I'd post a pic but don't know how :unsure:)

Here'sa link instead......http://www.bowdensown.com.au/cars/gthosupa.html

Edited by CHIPS

XY GT Technical SpecificationsThis site has the body dimensions and technical specs on lots of Aussie cars, XY GT included. eg. wheelbase = 2819mm . / 32 (scale) = 88mm Spot on. Has lots of dimensions here, hope you find some useful info here. Though you mostlikely have it , Phil. Click on 'XY GT Specifications' top left. See how close to scale yer model is .

slo

Last week Phil only talked about making an XY shell. This week he's doing it.

When he starts talking about Torana, Monaro and Charger shells he gets promoted to fully fledged god (or is it dog, I'm a bit dyslexic).

Either dyslexic, or you have him confused with Eno.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

That is an insult confusing me with a dog! Most people just confuse me with a "COWBELL". But after two days making alterations to wheels to cast inserts I think I might now be dyslexic!

Let alone trying to cast those very thin rear wings!

Phil

And probably a lot closer than the 1:1 Falcons of the 70's. :)

I vote the 2008 duprs proxy race should be AUSSIE MUSCLE CARS built by the king himself....great work mate cant wait to see one finished :mallet:

ENTRANT IN THE 2007 DOWN UNDER PROXY SERIES LOLA T70 MK3 B

ishot14vw5.jpg

Hi Phil.

I have a NKOK Chevelle body that looks pretty close to the proportions of a HQ Monaro coupe. The Chevelle should be bigger than a Munro but fortunately it's a bit smaller than 1/32 scale.

Would this be of any use to you to develop a running mate for the Falcon?

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg