Vinno

Slot-It News

There seems to be a few car now going back to inline, is there a reason for this, surely a BTCC car is wide enough for side or anglewinder.

Personally I like inline as it is easier to mix and match gear ratios although sidewinder and anglewinder do give a better drive experience..

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

What an unusual choice the Maserati is, at least to me. I watch plenty of GT3 racing and don't recall the last time i saw one racing, let alone win a race of interest. That said another decent GT3 car will be well received by all, and there is every chance one or two will join my ever growing GT3 field.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

NSR, Sideways & Slot It manufacturing GT3 cars would be great!!

The loss of Ninco slot cars has left a big void for this slot car class to be filled!

Edited by Caddo

If you're Italian and own a slot car company wouldn't you want to make a model of a car you love?

How about a slot.it/policar 488? No one is doing a proper racer except for toy-like Carrera.

Do not get me wrong, I like the maserati and I will get more than a couple of them but I agree with manimmal that I have not seen one on any of the recent GT3 events.

The truth is that there are huge gaps to fill on a modern GT3 grid: GT-R Nismo, McLaren 650S, 2017 Conti (Area71 does this but good luck in getting one), Ferrari 488, and Callaway C7R, and BMW M6 (Sideways on the rescue on this one).

Cheers

G

"I am an expert at the top of my field when mowing the lawn".

Had to google this one as I thought I had the answer in mating the Blackarrow 458 shell on to a Olifer 3D chassis so I could run my favourite Slot.it motor pod for our local open magnet race class.

Seemed I had a Mosler beating combo as it won first time out but got to admit that the google 488 looks stunning - also nice to see Slot.it dabbling in GT3 with the Maserati. :)

Cheers

Dave

If you're Italian and own a slot car company wouldn't you want to make a model of a car you love?

How about a slot.it/policar 488? No one is doing a proper racer except for toy-like Carrera.

Do not get me wrong, I like the maserati and I will get more than a couple of them but I agree with manimmal that I have not seen one on any of the recent GT3 events.

The truth is that there are huge gaps to fill on a modern GT3 grid: GT-R Nismo, McLaren 650S, 2017 Conti (Area71 does this but good luck in getting one), Ferrari 488, and Callaway C7R, and BMW M6 (Sideways on the rescue on this one).

Good thinking Gary.

This was the actual post oon their FB page - for those not following them there.

It was September the 21st, 1998 when Maurizio Ferrari and Maurizio Gibertoni founded Galileo Engineering, the company that would, one month later, sell its first slot racing products to our earliest customer, Alan Smith of, back then, ADATR (A Day At The Races), later Hornby USA.

As time went by, we evolved from motors and pinions, to wheels and crowns and gears, chassis, cars, controllers and now to the complete Policar track system.

There have been many good days and a few bad days, success and sleepless nights, and many cakes in our company's kitchen as we celebrate anniversaries and births. It's certainly been a great ride so far! We look forward to the next big anniversary, the silver jubilee a few years down the road.

To all our customers, to our friends, to our families and to whoever supports us, and last but not least to all to all the great people that work for us, some of which have spent most of their working lifes with us:

WE SALUTE YOU!

http://www.galileo.engineering

And for good measure, the first pics of the Mercedes 190 DTM prototype

ca44a5.jpg

ca44a7.jpg

ca44a6.jpg

Wot no 20th Anniversary special car livery!!!

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Any more wise cracks like that and i'll put a 2nd transformer up!!!!

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Any more wise cracks like that and i'll put a 2nd transformer up!!!!

I fear thee not. We have not room. Between the Chorus box, the Unison "Dalek" on our boundary line, the Unison PMU switch unit 1.5 metres tall in line with our front door, and the new substation to complete our viewing pleasure, we're running out of boundary line.

A D12 can make a clean sweep in a straight line if they aim right, just like a big game of 10 pin bowling.

Meanwhile, back to topic.

Two doses of pretty at the end of this month, exact supply date about to be advised by Slot.it

ca39b.jpg

cw20.jpg