Vinno

Slot-It News

Ember this configuration has been tried over te years and never a great success.

The video of Maurizio driving it - was going like a rocket, so I have a fair degree of confidence that the Poly-Slot :) offering will be a step up from what we have seen in the past.

The code is below, but I can't figure out how to embed it here.

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=644213012275841

I've always got a bit of a problem with the idea that everything has been tried before. If that were really so there would be no room for improvement and advance in anything. And even if it was tried before, isn't it possible that some slight rethinking somewhere along the line could make something that failed previously work now?

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Slotit tend to back winners so I'm guessing this is another of those.

Must see if Polistil are listed on the stock exchange.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

OK. I understood that Polistil and Politoy wer the same company. There ya go.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

aaah, but who has acquired the name " Policecar " ? eh?

John Warren

aaah, but who has acquired the name " Policecar " ? eh?

Dunno, but I have a flashing blue light kit for pace cars.

I thought I'd fit them to the roof of my GT Thursday night, and anyone who passes me, I take a swipe at their car with a baseball bat black flag next lap round - - reckon it'll work?

blue flashing light could be very annoying.....do it and put Goodwin off his stride.

John Warren

blue flashing light could be very annoying.....do it and put Goodwin off his stride.

Yeah that would put me off! Luckily i can drive Macs track with my eyes closed ;)

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

Slot.it announced the Matra in 2013 for a Dec 13 / Jan 14 release. Nothing is being released prior to the Nuremberg Toy Fair (early Feb) but it is still expected early 2014.

Thanks for the update, much the same in general for all manufacturers, release dates get pushed out.

That 4wd system looks cool...

The guide on this chassis looks weird too...

gallery_23154_1542_36463.jpg

gallery_23154_1542_18873.jpg

Edited by shadow_rusty

Love the all wheel drive. Does this make it a rally car then?

As for the guide - is the new low profile lemans version. Same as my Lola.

I suspect the AWD is more applicable to plastic track racing in Europe, as they have limited grip.

Initial testing in Maurizio's local club gave it a significant advantage over 2WD - which I would guess is the jump at the start of straights.

But for us, with grip to burn and then some, we would be disadvantaged due to the power loss due to the belt drive mechanism

- However, time will tell in side by side testing :)

Driven a number of cars with this type of system and have found it better in 2wd form all round , have run a MSC with a pully system each side and it was not as good as the SCX system and I did have the odd belt jump the pully wheels, notice this one has teeth so the problem may not be so common , odd car to try it in be interesting to how it was quicker than a conventional car set up similar, also not sure if the tyres are the same all the way round on that, normally I would use N22 or N18's on that sort of car never ran 18's for example on all 4 wheels always had grip bias on the rear . :)

Talking to a couple of guys who saw this run at the Henley on Arden 24 hour slot.it race recently. They say it went like a beauty.

As an aside, what a place name. I photographed a logging truck from that area, it's got 5 foot tall letters down the sides declaring "Arden Wood". the guys got a sense of humour.

wosautos12.gif